March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My World: Fort Sim_by ehaught58

123457...Next

Comments

• ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited February 2012
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Ed the driving range is 3 square wide and 8 squares long. Like Tangie said they would hit the ball but unless you made them go to each one you put on the course they would just stay at that one spot. They have a 3 x 3 square they stand on that has a bucket of golf balls on it, which is for looks as they pull the tee and ball out of nowhere to place it and a club out of that magic pocket Sims are famous for and just hit the ball. They react differently depending on how much they have done it. They break clubs, flip like they do with the fishing pole, and other silly things until they get good at it, then they have other reactions when they get good. They even miss the ball and pitch fits. Its pretty funny at times. They do seem to like driving the balls though and get several different moodlets and of course memories - both good and bad depending again on how good they are.

I did not have much time other than just trying it a couple times with a couple different sims as we were just testing everything to make sure everything works with all the eps and store stuff and sps, etc. So I never really got the chance to move the to a different range or anything like that. But I assume you can.

Thanks Writin_Reg and HappySimmer3 for your answers. I understand how the driving range works, but I was unsure if I needed to place a lot over all of the tees before placing the object. I was hoping it might be able to be placed while in world edit mode, but I see that it is not. I plan on putting one on each tee and have my Sim jog from tee to tee to hit one ball for exercise. About as close as we are going to get to actually playing a round of golf. :?
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • musicman4365musicman4365 Posts: 191 Member
    I did download this world and I will have to say that it is a very nice world and allows me to put the things I needed in for my requirements.

However though, there are some routing issues in this world that I will be trying to find. I'm getting a lot of script errors and even some error trap errors on this world. Has anyone else gotten this?
    So far, I found that the lot Riverwalk Hotel is causing stuck sim issues. As for what is causing it, I don't know.
  • fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member
    So far, I found that the lot Riverwalk Hotel is causing stuck sim issues. As for what is causing it, I don't know.

If you are using Overwatch (which I recommend!) try turning the auto reset to false here: NRaas > Overwatch > Settings > Stuck Check Auto-Reset
    Then, when you get the notice about a stuck Sim, click the icon of the stuck Sim in the notice, and you will be taken to that Sim and you can see where in the lot they are getting stuck. This might help you determine what is causing the poor routing and possibly fix it.
    Let me know if it works...
    Firby nurbs!
    I did delete that lot, but I'm still getting unroutable sim messages. Even my own sim is trying to get to the ocean and is getting a stuck sim message. The world I'm playing doesn't really have much of an ocean though.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    As I recall, with some custom worlds (I don't remember any reports on this one, although it's been out pretty long and I've never played it), if there are problems routing onto or off certain lots, it at least sometimes works to save a copy of the lot to your bin, bulldoze the lot in the world and then replace it with the saved copy.

The already suggested idea to use Overwatch to find where sims are getting stuck is also a good one if resetting the lots doesn't help.

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top