Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you going to get My First Pet Stuff??

Comments

• Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Ugh no
    tobumon wrote: »
    Why should you be glad? Let people enjoy what they want. Many people love WoW but I did not and it doesn't affect me in any way if people buy it.

I think it's important that people DON'T buy this pack so they won't pull this type of sales tactic again. DLC for DLC is not ok! It's unfair to people that didn't purchase Cats & Dogs, because then they will only be getting the CAS and some furniture, about 50% of the actual pack, and that's not worth $10. It's a stingy and greedy sales practice that EA needs to learn is not ok. The only way they will understand that if people vote with their wallets!
    PS: I know some people like to complete their collections of the Sims packs, but this pack is not worth it!
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes!
    So you say. The devs did say themselves this pack is more for C&D owners than non C&D owners. How can it be a bad business practice if they explicitly said this? They aren't deceiving you in any way, since they made it clear. Non C&D owners can decide for themselves if they want the pack or not. It's stupid to tell people not to get it if they actually want it. People won't deter me from getting something I think I will like.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I don’t know yet
    I'm still on the fence, but I actually may NOT ... I've bought everything else (on sale most of the stuff packs). But I am so honestly wowed (not in a good way) at this pack I may not even bother...but I may change my mind.
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I don’t know yet
    Not right away at least, but I do like the style of the furniture and I miss small pets. Maybe... if I have a few dollars to spare or it comes on sale or something.
  • Options
    Toadette12Toadette12 Posts: 193 Member
    I don’t know yet
    I probably won't buy the pack as I do agree that the content should've been included in Cats and Dogs. I might buy it one day if it's on sale or if it's part of a bundle, but for now I'm holding off on it.
    TS4_EP04_WebQuiz_04.jpg
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited March 2018
    Ugh no
    For people who aren't buying this pack you're missing out on the round coffee table aquarium and the holiday sweaters for toddlers,children and pets.

I'll take the cute CC aquarium that a nice modder kindly made in a Fan made stuff pack a few days ago. <3:blush: Thanks though. Plus I already have CC holiday sweaters for the game (err minus the pets, but i'm not interested in dressing them lol). So minus the hamster, I don't really feel that i'm missing out on much...plus I bet some modders are going to make some of the MFP furniture/items BC compatible most likely :lol: .

As for the poll though, there's actually a survey going around on Tumblr about the pack. It's even caught the attention of some gurus <3

tumblr_inline_p5j15n5YxI1tq0bvd_500.png

Post edited by Dreamie209 on
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I guess....
    I am gonna get it when it's on sale
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    CorvinowCorvinow Posts: 73 Member
    I don’t know yet
    I think that's the first pack ever that I'll wait for a sale to decide if it's worth it or not
    Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw If you've a ready mind, where those of wit and learning will always find their kind
  • Options
    Casper613Casper613 Posts: 35 Member
    I don’t know yet
    idk... maybe?
    Origin ID: TerminalCas
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Ugh no
    No. Maybe one day for a sale, but as of now, nooope.

Majority of the items look just like recolors of previous items and while I don't mind every once an awhile things are rehashed/new swatches are added, this is ridiculous. Not to mention it looks like certain items were specifically withheld from C&D and given how recent C&D was (only since Nov), this feels like a really cheap tactic to cash in on their most successful selling expansion, which is incredibly frustrating.

I don't mind the pack in theory and had it been released a year (or more) after C&D this could've been a different story. But as of right now, it just feels really sleazy.

I hope those who purchase the pack enjoy it, but I can't in good conscious purchase it because I don't want to encourage this kind of behavior.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I don’t know yet
    At first, I was going for a no; I've decided to only buy expansion packs, not even game packs. I then saw The English Simmer's overview and it seemed better than I expected. I still don't know if it's worth the money though.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Yes!
    I plan to.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Ugh no
    Never. Ever. Even if it was gifted I would refuse it.
  • Options
    boopishboopish Posts: 143 Member
    I don’t know yet
    I might wait for some mods/CC to come out to make the cages at least /look/ more humane because that wire bottom and glass...eh.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    Ugh no
    For people who aren't buying this pack you're missing out on the round coffee table aquarium and the holiday sweaters for toddlers,children and pets.

I cannot stress enough how much I will not miss matching holiday sweaters for toddlers, children and pets. :D
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes!
    Yepyep.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Yes!
    I'll only get it if the next GP is good so I'll buy it as the bundle. That way from the site I buy them from it will be practically free so I won't feel like I've been robbed. If the next GP isn't one for me then it'll remain a no until it goes on a serious sale!

Wouldn’t it be Jungle Adventure that’s packaged with them?
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I am not the hugest fan of this stuff pack even though I bought it.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    lele62lele62 Posts: 157 Member
    edited March 2018
    Ugh no
    Main reason for not buying is:
    • It's a DLC for a DLC with almost half the BB and more than half the CAS items geared towards your cat/dog.
    • I don't dress my pets IRL or in game.
    • I don't like the idea of one of the rodents having an ear growing on its back (lab rat)...NOT COOL.
    • I don't like that sims have no sad emotions when a small pet dies and that it can happen without much warning.
    • You can't stock that awesome fishtank coffee table.

I honestly won't miss much by refusing to get this pack. About the only thing I might miss is an infectious disease (even if I can't watch the foaming at the mouth for fear of losing my lunch).

EDIT: Typos.
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Ugh no
    Absolutely not. The only thing that interests me in this pack is the fact that we apparently get an entirely new and deadly disease in it. But I'm positive there will be other packs that hold far more substantial content than a new death type.

Some of my reasons against it are:
    • This should've been in Cats & Dogs in the first place.
    • I don't care about hamsters.
    • It wouldn't improve my gameplay. ( excluding the disease )

• Options
    kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    Ugh no
    never!
  • Options
    uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    Yes!
    got it and having fun!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Ugh no
    No. But honestly, I don't think low sales are going to hurt them with this one. With all the recolors and leftovers from other packs they'll have earned back the production costs once three people buy it.
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Ugh no
    Absolutely not. The only thing that interests me in this pack is the fact that we apparently get an entirely new and deadly disease in it. But I'm positive there will be other packs that hold far more substantial content than a new death type.

Some of my reasons against it are:
    • This should've been in Cats & Dogs in the first place.
    • I don't care about hamsters.
    • It wouldn't improve my gameplay. ( excluding the disease )

Sorry to correct you, toilet, but its not an "entirely new" disease, unfortunately. Its from sims 1 and i would LOVE to have it back but no way on earth would I buy this pack.... Its probably the thing that irritates me the most about this situation, I want that disease. I like the old quirks from the old games, like the grilled cheese aspiration, and I wish they would've just added all of this in C&D :(
  • Options
    ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    I guess....
    I will likely get it this weekend for the few pieces of content that appeal to me. Not sure if I will use the actual small pets or not, but will def have some use for the coffee table, end tables, and shades.

This is certainly my least favorite pack released to date but it's all good...I am still enjoying laundry stuff and Jungle Adventure.

Really hoping for a strong comeback with Seasons!!