Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Apartments or houses?

124...Next

Comments

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Having tried out both, apartments all the way. :smile: )
  • lele62lele62 Posts: 157 Member
    edited March 2018
    It mostly depends on the game I'm playing or the stage of the game. My sims don't usually stay on one lot their entire lives. I have a couple game saves where my sim lives in the city and has no plan on leaving the city. With other game saves, especially if I'm not using money cheats, which I do less and less since it's so easy to earn money, I'll start a sim in a cheap apartment until they have enough to build more than a starter home. They will then move to a house or have a house built (I like building). If I do a rags to riches game, then I always start on a home style lot that is vacant.

One thing I love about TS4 is that you are not stuck to one world!!
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    I've tried both and love both. If it is a big family I prefer houses but with singles and couples either with or without 1-2 kids the apartment life is ideal. Not perfect of course (especially concerning neighbourly harmony) but ideal. Choosing an abode also depends on the future of the Sims. What do I see in them regarding personality, ambitions and career choices, habits and hobbies and preferences.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I like houses more with this game. Apartments are too restrictive.
    If I play a household with a family of 4 or more I tend toto stick with houses.
    Apartments a great for a couple and 1 toddler/kid for me.
    If apartment were more like the sims 2 I would probably use them more.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    It all depends on the personality of the Sim. Some Sims love the city and will never leave. Over the course of the story, they will never leave the city. Rather, they will upgrade to larger apartments.

Some Sims will never move to the city. It's not in their nature to have neighbors so close, or no room for a proper garden.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
    I like them both for different reasons. I don’t play with the big apartments though, just the small run down ones
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I keep forcing households into apartments but I always end up either moving them to a house or not playing with them any longer.
    I want to enjoy living in apartments but I just don't. The camera is wonky and you can't customise as much as you like, most of the apartments don't have balconies and the penthouses always bore me after a while. I'm always conflicted because I like San Myshuno and I love the 3 careers there but... I can't have them living in apartments. Luckily, there are some lots to build in the city.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.