Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Transgender option for pride

This thread is for people who may or may not want a transgender option in the game. As an update would you like to see trans sims in your game?M9YVKoz.jpg

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited March 2018
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • CoreyblakeCoreyblake Posts: 118 Member
    @luthienrising This is The Sims Mobile thread :wink:
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Coreyblake wrote: »
    @luthienrising This is The Sims Mobile thread :wink:

Oops :) That's what I get for using the "Discussions" link instead of going by categories!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    yaaaaas! We need option to create sims transgender like we have on sims 4!
    @rafaeljonas June is definitely a prime opportunity! It's good for promotion also.
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Yesss! I don't have TSM (yet) but i would love to make transgender sims. I'm not trans but i am in the LGBT community and constantly find myself making trans sims or sims in gay relationships XD
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • darkpirodarkpiro Posts: 4 New Member
    I would like to apologize for my comment earlier. It was too aggressive. My thoughts on this matter is why do games like this have to include a huge liberal based ideology when it comes to gender. In all iteration of this game there were two genders, male or female. And in each game you could marry either gender. Why do you need to have something in this for pride when they already includes homosexuality within it? Catering solely to a specific community would be a huge turn off for this game. But that's my two cents.
    darkpiro wrote: »
    I would like to apologize for my comment earlier. It was too aggressive. My thoughts on this matter is why do games like this have to include a huge liberal based ideology when it comes to gender. In all iteration of this game there were two genders, male or female. And in each game you could marry either gender. Why do you need to have something in this for pride when they already includes homosexuality within it? Catering solely to a specific community would be a huge turn off for this game. But that's my two cents.

The only people who would not want this are people who do not believe in rights as yourself.
    the simple fact of having homoaffective relationships in the game is not enough, you know why? Because trans people do not feel represented that way. The sims 4 has brought genre freedom into the game and I really hope to see it coming in the sims mobile.
    The sims has always been a life simulator and if it has the power to encompass all representations, then hopefully it will happen.

Everyone deserves to be represented, respected and loved! It's just about life!
    Even parts of the gay community reject trans because they believe it's a identity and not an orientation. Slow your holy roll hypocrite.
  • Ellie_Dear_1Ellie_Dear_1 Posts: 33 Member
    edited March 2018
    Coreyblake wrote: »
    Even parts of the gay community reject trans because they believe it's a identity and not an orientation. Slow your holy roll hypocrite.

I know, LGB people can be transphobic too, sadly. Although, for what I understand being trans is not an orientation, its a way to identify one’s gender identity. Trans people can also have a sexuality, they can be straight/bi/gay etc.

I feel like we’re getting off topic here, but let me repeat that most of us are extremely grateful for the diversity the Sims has offered through the years, and we’d be more than excited to have transgender options on the Sims Mobile too
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Transgender in a mobile game no thank you. I am not a huge fan of it in TS4.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • ZeoXZeoX Posts: 43 Member
    erm no
    since both sim genders atm seem to have the same bottom parts, well ... idk if we need a 3rd option lol
  • Ellie_Dear_1Ellie_Dear_1 Posts: 33 Member
    Some things on TS4 I don’t like either, but I find that not using the features I’m not crazy about helps :smile: I don’t see why making the game more enjoyable for a group of people would detract from someone else’s experience, and I have faith the devs share my opinion, seeing the work they’re doing on the main game. Fingers crossed!

(BTW, Christina Aguilera has been a fierce LGBT advocate for almost 20 years now, seeing a gif of her is almost as nice as seeing rainbow flags at Pride, thank you for the smile!)
  • EA_DavidEA_David Posts: 282 EA Community Manager
    Hi folks, I just wanted to pop in with a reminder of the forum rules, to keep the discussion about the game and not veer into real-world politics or other topics that may be considered flame-bait as per forum rules.

I've had to remove some posts and I don't think anyone wants to see the thread get derailed. Most of you are of course contributing constructively, but these things can go sideways fast so please be mindful of how you express your opinion.

I do not see what's wrong with making it full for all.

This would even help in sims that go to Izzy and he makes clothes of the opposite gender that you can not use.

I even want some accessories that are available in the cas of the opposite sex. If became free, I could put any accessory on my sim and be happy like that. :)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    darkpiro wrote: »

You realize that it would be optional, right? You wouldn't have to use it if you didn't want it. But for many people who are transgender, it would be a vital part of telling their own story, just as it is in the PC version (and I'm assuming console as well).

I have a friend on the PC forums who isn't trans, but she used the feature on the PC side to tell a wonderful story. Not sure how much story telling is part of the mobile version, but I think it's still important to have the option there so all players feel they're acknowledged. And I agree with @rafaeljonas above that it would be nice to have some accessories that could go with male or female Sims.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • ZeoXZeoX Posts: 43 Member
    o.o!

waits for next batch of sims
    and then edits a flat chest female sim out
    and walaa ... a "male" sim that can "crossdress"

(hopefully the above dint erm make ppl mad, just and idea)
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    I feel limited when creating a sim...
    So I approve just because it opened so many options for me in The Sims 4.
  • superacesuperace Posts: 1 New Member
    I support this! And I would also like to add, it would be really nice if clothes stopped being gendered, I got a sweet trench coat from Izzy that I can't use because apparently it is a 'male' article of clothing and my Sim is female, it'd be great if they could remove this restriction so all sorts of clothes can be worn by every Sim.
    I'd like to have a relationship with a trans girl also :smile: maybe when some updates come it'll be cool. Camping by the fire and many other things. Putting out and up seasonal things will be cool too. Hope to make some good sim friends.
  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    Being part of the LGBT community myself, I would love to see transgenders represented in this game.

The beauty of The Sims Mobile's CAS is that cas.fulleditmode is turned on by default so you can change a sim's gender whenever you like.
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    edited March 2018
    Although I'm not the biggest fan of Keeping Up with the ...., I don't think I've had more fun designing than I did doing this family, especially the parent formerly known as the father. I think this could actually turn out to be a fun facet of the game.

jH5Tb8.png

From left to right: Kaitlyn, Khrisko, Kris and Khlorox:

ZZ28IV.png
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • ForumExplorerForumExplorer Posts: 24 Member
    No. Next question.
    Jk but seriously. They would probably have to change the game rating. As is, the teen rating is a little extreme but necessary. My nephew was playing for a bit and is confused about what the heck flirt is (hilarious). It would be worrying to me if he started asking what a transgender person is. Then again he is not a teenager. As society moves forward people will become more educated and aware of the transgender community.
    No. Next question.
    Jk but seriously. They would probably have to change the game rating. As is, the teen rating is a little extreme but necessary. My nephew was playing for a bit and is confused about what the heck flirt is (hilarious). It would be worrying to me if he started asking what a transgender person is. Then again he is not a teenager. As society moves forward people will become more educated and aware of the transgender community.

the game has the same rating as the sims 4.