Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cash register needs to function like it used to

2...Next

Comments

• LoriewhiteLoriewhite Posts: 19 Member
    I agree, miss the customer line ups !
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member
    I am not familiar with old system just hope to god if all purchases get made at cash register, that clerk does not have to go over to say for instance "the painting" and hand it to customers. Because then i already see the problem with angry customers having to wait over at cash register to get their products checked out. Even more so in big stores where you have to walk quite a bit, only way i see this as viable to an enjoyable gameplay. Would be if customers picked up products themselves either before buying bringing it over to cash register, or after paying at cash register goes over and collect it. Last probably being most logic to use since customers all sudden get weird whimps and their pathing break down, where the first would truely be bad if customers picked up product then didn't pay because they got bugged.

But overall i think current system is likely going to be most compatiable with current Sims 4 system, or at least that would be my guess.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2017
    I am not familiar with old system just hope to god if all purchases get made at cash register, that clerk does not have to go over to say for instance "the painting" and hand it to customers. Because then i already see the problem with angry customers having to wait over at cash register to get their products checked out. Even more so in big stores where you have to walk quite a bit, only way i see this as viable to an enjoyable gameplay. Would be if customers picked up products themselves either before buying bringing it over to cash register, or after paying at cash register goes over and collect it. Last probably being most logic to use since customers all sudden get weird whimps and their pathing break down, where the first would truely be bad if customers picked up product then didn't pay because they got bugged.

But overall i think current system is likely going to be most compatiable with current Sims 4 system, or at least that would be my guess.

I see you aren't really into 'simulation' such as the clerk actually having to get an object for a customer....I wonder what the point is of playing life simulators if people are against things that take time, simulate real life, and make sense.

In the past system in OFB, Sims picked their object after sometime of waiting to decide (which required a sales clerk to talk them into buying) then it disappeared from the shelf or wall (replace with a restock sign) they carried brown shopping bags. If they bought more stuff (big spender) their bags turned blue if they had bought more than one item or two.

They went to the clerk hired to run the register at the register (or your owner could pop over and ring them up) they stood inline. And yes, they may get frustrated and throw down the shopping bag if your Sim or employee had low register skills. Ones with higher skills demand more money. Or they may too stomp off and quit leaving your Sim in a lurch.

Simulation is everything to some people or no point in playing a simulating life game. Might as well play Life Quest 1 or 2 if nothing is simulated and just punching text. But yes, it took time for the register clerk to punch those register keys and Sims to present their actual money (a bill, card, Simolean). Point one of the very reasons OFB remains a favorite among thousands of players.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • riccardougariccardouga Posts: 436 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

I see you aren't really into 'simulation' such as the clerk actually having to get an object for a customer....I wonder what the point is of playing life simulators if people are against things that take time, simulate real life, and make sense.

In the past system in OFB, Sims picked their object after sometime of waiting to decide (which required a sales clerk to talk them into buying) then it disappeared from the shelf or wall (replace with a restock sign) they carried brown shopping bags. If they bought more stuff (big spender) their bags turned blue if they had bought more than one item or two.

They went to the clerk hired to run the register at the register (or your owner could pop over and ring them up) they stood inline. And yes, they may get frustrated and throw down the shopping bag if your Sim or employee had low register skills. Ones with higher skills demand more money. Or they may too stomp off and quit leaving your Sim in a lurch.

Simulation is everything to some people or no point in playing a simulating life game. Might as well play Life Quest 1 or 2 if nothing is simulated and just punching text. But yes, it took time for the register clerk to punch those register keys and Sims to present their actual money (a bill, card, Simolean). Point one of the very reasons OFB remains a favorite among thousands of players.

Couldn't agree more! :smile:

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Couldn't agree more! :smile:

Sometimes, I marvel at the logic. It's o.k. these Sims take forever to cook a simple meal like scramble eggs, since they have to go through about ten animations to just get them cooked....but it's outrageous for a Sim to have to stand in line because it would be time consuming....I don't know logic is rare around here. Or maybe that's too harsh and I should say swallowing a camel and gagging at a gnat is sometimes easier around here, it would seem.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member

Think you misunderstand me here, i am not against things taking time or a clerk going to get objects for customers, what i worry about which i might not been clear enough about is if or not it would work in co-existing with current sim 4 system. Since pathing seems to have a habit of breaking down at times already now when you go to check someone out, plus current system give a very short window to service customers before they go over the rail and leave. I just imagine less they can somehow fix that running a store where you have to go pick object for customers and check them out at cash register might become problematic less they fix the other two issues in process. But it's just a question if they're willing to put that much time into doing so, if current system somewhat work even if it may not be ideal mechanic everyone wished for in terms of simulation experience.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Using a tablet instead of a cash register was just a horrible idea. Who runs a shop with a tablet the closest I've seen to it was someone who used a device on his phone to swipe a credit card in one of those cart shops in the mall that's my entire life experience with it and still was not a tablet.

There nothing modern or fun taking away the entire shopping experience and forcing limited play. Its like the clothing store instead of clothing racks dressing rooms the basics of clothing shopping you use a plum mannequin which should be used to display a outfit to enhance the look of a store not to be the entire experience.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Do you think there is any likelihood the devs will update the EP to have functioning cash registers and lines? Have they updated EPs in such a manner in the past?
  • PeanutButterSims2002PeanutButterSims2002 Posts: 104 Member
    Please make the Cash Register the way it was on OFB I love seeing long lines, cash register ringing and angry sim waiting on the line.