Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Origin Problem

EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
Hopefully someone can help me with this problem. Trying to update my game (Sims 2 Ultimate Collection) through Origin and I keep getting this message: "Origin is not able to download The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection to C:\Program Files(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Support\Game EULA\OOLA-en_US.rtf_DiP_STAGED. Please check that the location is available or cancel and restart the download to another location." What can I do to prevent losing my saved game which includes 2 Legacy families? Thanks.

Comments

• EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I just tried to repair my game but I do not even get the option to repair it. And if I try to cancel the update, I will lose all progress like I said in my original post.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I have not let my game update. Don't want it. So I have no idea what is going wrong sorry. That is a weird file path it has listed though. :| You can't right click and repair? That is also odd. You can make a backup of your save by making a copy of your neighborhoods folder and putting it someplace out side the game files for safe keeping, should anything go wrong while you figure this out. Sorry wish I could be of more help.
    edited March 2018
    I will just leave it alone for now. If I ever have to get a new laptop in the future (I have played this game on 5 laptops so I'm attached to this game LOL), I will see what happens. Thanks for reminding me about how to copy that folder. It was 1AM when I posted this so I was half asleep and couldn't remember which folder I needed to make a copy of or how to do it LOL
  • KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    Is your game able to start up still? If so, I wouldn't worry about the update, it just removes SecuRom and you can do that without the update if you're so inclined. Not sure if this is the norm, but when I updated, my graphics settings were all reverted too which was a pain.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
    Yes I am able to play the game.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Good you are able to play. If you want to get rid of Securom without the update, (even though the update does not remove it if you already have it, it is just for new downloads) just google Leefish Securom removal. Can't post links because this site hates Leefish links now.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Just don't update it.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!