Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    linday wrote: »
    ...and what is a clearing area?

@linday , the clearing area is the equivalent of the waiter's station in Dine Out. It might be a small area tucked away for the busboys to put the cleared dishes before they get sent to the kitchen, or for the waiter to fetch extra tableware or condiments at the request of a customer. It could be a specific area in the kitchen or somewhere else in the restaurant. Hope that helps! :smiley:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    @BuildnShare Yes, that helps! With no Dine Out, I have no idea what the waiter's station does, lol.
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    This seems like an interesting challenge :) Most likely because I live in a part of the world where East and West have truly mixed :lol:
  • Options
    maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    Just so I can be absolutely sure... if my build I uploaded to my gallery says... 71,617 and I know the lot is 4,000 how far under or over budget am I ??? because the grand total will be 75,617 and i'd like to add some stuff but... I dunno for sure.. ive messed up my last two entries here :(
    285JXDb.jpg
  • Options
    gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    Just so I can be absolutely sure... if my build I uploaded to my gallery says... 71,617 and I know the lot is 4,000 how far under or over budget am I ??? because the grand total will be 75,617 and i'd like to add some stuff but... I dunno for sure.. ive messed up my last two entries here :(

@maryjane2joe this challenge is different then the last 2, as your build does NOT include the lot cost. So the gallery cost is the whole cost, 80,000.
  • Options

@maryjane2joe , @gmcrozier is correct. For this challenge, you can spend up to §80,000 on the build cost (gallery price). The cost of the lot itself (§4000) does not figure into the budget.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    @BuildnShare, @gmcrozier Thank You both very much! I know this should all be easy and I don't know why it confuses me.. but.. I think I get it now... so when I finish this time around... I can get as close to 80,000 as possible when it's uploaded to my gallery... !!weeeeee!! I love this idea... i'm not good at math.. once again... THANK YOU BOTH!!!
    285JXDb.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #BnS90 - East Meets West
    FORUM ID: maryjane2joe
    ORIGIN ID: 88th-BombGeek
    LEVEL: Established

Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6B456FA7249F11E88E7538E726CE10E3?fb_action_ids=2007027799618082&fb_action_types=simsfour:share?fb_action_ids=2007027799618082&fb_action_types=simsfour:share

LOT COST: 4000
    LOT NAME: Willow Creek - The Suong Mu (Morning Mist)
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: 76,962
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/cZa3M

ENTRY DETAILS: I had a friend from Thailand and her name is Suong (pronounced like Sue) which she said their names have to have meaning and hers meant Morning Dew but the name also means Mist or Fog or Dewdrops.. I loved it.. so I named this restaurant after her. I hope I did ok yet all in all this was really fun build that I based it upon my memories of the many photos she used to show me of her travels in the Asian European countrysides.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

38NeDDs.jpg

xGkpKXL.jpg

285JXDb.jpg
  • Options
    AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Absolutely lovely, @maryjane2joe! I especially love all the foliage!
  • Options
    Ainsleyf wrote: »
    Absolutely lovely, @maryjane2joe! I especially love all the foliage!

@Ainsleyf Thank You!!
    285JXDb.jpg
  • Options
    CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    @maryjane2joe WOW BEAUTIFUL
  • Options
    @CaramelLibra29 Thank You!!
    285JXDb.jpg
  • Options
    PiratePirate Posts: 66 Member
    edited March 2018
    if you use MOO how do you test it and do I need to have the cheat enabled when I upload it to ensure things stay put?
  • Options
    KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    edited March 2018
    @Pirate It depends what your trying to test, whether the stuff you Moo'd stays put or whether Sims can use items that have Moo'd objects around them.
    If its the first that's easy, just save your build to your library, demolish your lot then place it back from your library and check and see if everything is where it should be.
    Ifs its the latter, that's a pain to test lol. I take my sim around and make sure everything can be used, eg: sit in all the chairs, wash dishes in the sinks, make food and so on.
    As for uploading with Moo enabled I am not sure for I always have it turned on >.<
  • Options
    mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    @Pirate ... all what Kementari said but I would turn the MOO off before I replace the lot to test that's everything stays put. That way whomever else download your lot don't have to have MOO enabled for the lot to stay the way you built it. Hope that helps...
  • Options
    KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    @mannanna Thanks for adding that. I should really start to do that too. Seeing as I dont really play the game and just build I always have Moo on. I play test the crap out of my build but never think to turn it off and test it lol
    It frustrates me to see when some amazing builders use Moo in places I know that it wont stick (like out side on the open ground)
  • Options
    @Kementari Yes, outside it won't stay unless it's in a "room" or attached to a wall, but I have also noticed that sometimes plants placed on the edge of the lot disappears unless MOO is enabled. Just moving them slightly helps. My last build was like that, one tree stayed and not the other and to me they looked equally close to the edge. So, knowing that it's worth testing without MOO on I think.
  • Options
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS FOR #BNS89 - THE HAWTHORNE PROJECT - VIII

Your results are now available here.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR #BNS89 - THE HAWTHORNE PROJECT - VIII

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR #BNS89 - THE HAWTHORNE PROJECT - VIII

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    oopsy

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Thanks @BuildnShare for another fun Challenge!! Congrats to all the winners!! I am so sorry if I missed anyone. I've been bouncing in and out of here pretty sporadically and not being terribly organized (even less so than usual). The work is wonderful and I am really happy to be part of this thread with all of you terrific creators and judges whether I always express that properly or not.

SO I have been working on the restaurant, but I'll be going away for a week and a half, and unless we get another snow day off work tomorrow, finishing it before I leave doesn't look like much of a possibility. But I did get my Sims done. I'll explain them in the slide show.

SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #90 - East Meets West
    FORUM ID: Ainsleyf
    ORIGIN ID: Ainsleyfr
    LEVEL: Expert
    HOUSEHOLD: Foodies
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: East Meets West
    ENTRY DETAILS: Lots of notes in the slideshow.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Absolutely
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: 74bTvED.pngpPjlbli.png
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited March 2018
    CHALLENGE #90 - East Meets West
    FORUM ID: pronterus
    ORIGIN ID: pronterus
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Maison Sinigang
    LOT COST: N/A (but it's 4k)
    LOT NAME: Blue Velvet
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: 79,862
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Maison Sinigang Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Converted from an old colonial home, Maison Sinigang is a Euro-Southeast Asian fusion restaurant that specializes in serving regional stews, French pastries, and other local specialties. It follows the typical colonial architectural style seen throughout many places in Southeast Asia. The restaurant has outdoor seating by the veranda as well as in the garden. The customer waiting area features a seating area with a retail area strategically placed, which sells pastries, knick-knacks, and jarred sauces for extra revenue. Sinigang is a dish that has tamarind, kangkong, pork, onions, and tomatoes, which give it a savory and sour taste. Diners can refresh themselves from the rich flavors of Southeast Asian food by having French croissants and other pastries, freshly baked in the kitchen.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    kQXLDgl.png
    AejDJo0.png
    Post edited by pronterus on
  • Options
    @Ainsleyf I love the sims couple you made and I surely hope you get to finish your restaurant! I think it looks amazing so far as per your photo!!

@pronterus I think your restaurant looks very elaborate and classy Asian upscale... I love it,, I'd absolutely dine there!!
    285JXDb.jpg
  • Options
    Absolutely gorgeous @pronterus ! Loving the whole neighborhood <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top