Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 QC Create A Room Contest ~ Challenge 85 Up due (EST) 10th December ☆☆

Comments

• detonitusdetonitus Posts: 65 Member
    edited March 2018
    Entry Form:
    QC Room challenge no: 75
    Origin ID: detonitus
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Intermediate
    Gallery Name: Office in the Green
    Gallery Link: Office in the Green
    Images (2 - 6 images):
    N5oXQrW.jpg
    cIf3vKm.jpg
    QqNmRuT.jpg
    VtxGTdm.jpg
    ONIs84k.jpg

-
    Below I've got my original but impossible to include in this challenge idea (as spoiler as not to distract from the official entry)
    I do also just for fun have the one with the edited ceiling (saved as lot (Office in the Green (the lot)
    ), but obviously does not count in this challenge just thought I'd share), but this is definitely something I'd do if I were to use this office, since it adds so much with the natural lighting and in this theme with the open ceiling and all :)
    BTLHicg.jpg
    Post edited by detonitus on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    edited March 2018
    The design and furnishing of Office in the Green is very nice! @detonitus :) Very nice brown colour scheme of the room, and the green plants add a special greenness and natural touch to complement well with the brown and the nature theme of the room. The type of windows used looks very nice. Sims will enjoy the sunlight coming in through the windows as well as nice views of the outdoors. The tree feature in the middle of the room with the flowers around it looks so special! Very nice windows harvestable garden nook! Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the planters. It is nice that sims can watch the plants growing each day whilst doing office work there. Very nice desk area! The flowers look very nice on the edges of the desk! Sims will enjoy the nice setting for doing work on the computer. The candles on top of the desk and on the levels of the pedestals are calming and pretty for Sims to see. The sunflowers, tropical and scenic landscape pictures are a nice touch on the walls. Very nice reading nook area for sims to enjoy reading a book whilst sitting on the chair.
    It is a very nice natural and calming office room! :)
    Your original idea looks very creatively nice also!
  • detonitusdetonitus Posts: 65 Member
    Thank you once again so much @rosemow for your super kind comments!
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    @Ainsleyf you entered advanced level for the Midas challenge is that correct? Or did you mean to enter experienced?
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    9TkPZAb.png
    Challenge 74 Intermediate Results are now posted on page 1, fantastic rooms especially for this level.

Challenge 74 Intermediate Results found here
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • AlliRaptorAlliRaptor Posts: 2 New Member
    ENTRY FORM:
    QC ROOM CHALLENGE NO: 75
    ORIGIN ID: Alliraptor
    LEVEL: Experienced (ALT & bb.commands)
    GALLERY NAME: QCROOM CHALLENGE 75

GALLERY LINK: h.t.t.ps://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/541D8B1D220911E888153C2574E1C2F6?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=%23qcrooms75&max=50&maxis=false

NOTES: Obsessed with nature? Why not bring the green house... INTO the house. Mr Graham Greenfinger loves the outdoors, and now he will never be without it. Not only will he never be starved of oxygen, by using his thriving garden as a renewable energy source to charge his tablet Graham can now bypass the use of electricity ALTOGETHER. And don't forget the "extensive" recycling system... red can, green can.

TOP VIEW:
    h.t.t.ps://imgur.com/1Z9lQMv

ANGLES:
    h.t.t.ps://imgur.com/a77zmAN
    h.t.t.ps://imgur.com/hvjt4Z3
    h.t.t.ps://imgur.com/ANhfhKf
    h.t.t.ps://imgur.com/gZzLcc5
    h.t.t.ps://imgur.com/mGydQns

I really hope I've read everything right and this works.
    This is my first Quality Control Challenge. I hope you enjoy as much as I did!
    edited March 2018
    AlliRaptor wrote: »
    ENTRY FORM:
    QC ROOM CHALLENGE NO: 75
    ORIGIN ID: Alliraptor
    LEVEL: Experienced (ALT & bb.commands)
    GALLERY NAME: QCROOM CHALLENGE 75

GALLERY LINK: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/541D8B1D220911E888153C2574E1C2F6

NOTES: Obsessed with nature? Why not bring the green house... INTO the house. Mr Graham Greenfinger loves the outdoors, and now he will never be without it. Not only will he never be starved of oxygen, by using his thriving garden as a renewable energy source to charge his tablet Graham can now bypass the use of electricity ALTOGETHER. And don't forget the "extensive" recycling system... red can, green can.

TOP VIEW:
    1Z9lQMv.png

ANGLES:
    a77zmAN.png

hvjt4Z3.png

ANhfhKf.png

gZzLcc5.png

mGydQns.png

I really hope I've read everything right and this works.
    This is my first Quality Control Challenge. I hope you enjoy as much as I did!

Your natural office room is very nice! @AlliRaptor :) Very nice furnishing and design of the room! The green colour scheme looks very nice. The plants,trees and flowers look so very nice how they have been placed in the corner nooks of the room! The greenery looks nice placed over the windows, It is a very nice natural plants themed room! The water fountain is a nice touch between the plant corner nooks. The patterned walls give a very effective and nice look to the room. Very nice study desk area for sims to enjoy doing their work on the computer at the desk or reading a book , in the very nice natural setting. It is great that there are two armchairs in front of the desk, to discuss business matters with other sims who sit there. The file, mug and design plans look great on the desk top. The ceiling candles are a nice touch in the room. It is great that the science machine is in the room. The displays of the collectibles on the wall shelving and in the glass display cases look very nice. The green colour of the door and the bookcases either sides of it looks very nice. The patterned floor rug adds a nice look to the room.
    It is a very nice natural themed room! :)
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,092 Member
    edited March 2018
    Congratulations on winning the intermediate level B) and being promoted to the experienced level B)@LadyAlexiel! Great golden living room for King Midas :D!

4kkjdXo.png

• lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Congratulations on winning the intermediate level, @LadyAlexiel! That was a great Midas room!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Congrats @ladyalexiel!!! Woot!!
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    edited March 2018
    Congrats @ladyalexiel and being bumped up to the experienced level well done
    edited March 2018
    Entry Form
    Origin ID: coolsim9999999
    Level: Experienced
    Gallery Name: Eye Love Nature
    Gallery Link:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F3C933F5229211E8897CDE15B984DA1F?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    Backstory:
    This office is for Environmental Engineer Graham Greenfinger. His big breakthrough in his study of the environment is the he invented an environmentally-safe method to allow jungle trees and plants to grow in non-jungle climates. He also has a strong interest in recycling everything, and vigorously encourages all Sims to recycle. His computer is run by a wind turbine to eliminate all electricity usage in his office.
    Creative notes
    1. In his office, one small leaf of the entrance to the jungle passages is very slightly touching the planter in which the Tree of Emotions is planted. I tried everything from every angle, and the other options made way more stuff stick into other stuff --- than just one small leaf.
    2. I shrank the mystical tree, and its roots are hidden in the planter, but a few of the special mushrooms may touch the floor. The rest of the base of the tree’s trunk simply rests on the floor like any object would.
    3. His computer is run by a fan-shaped wind turbine to eliminate any electricity usage in his office.
    4. To replace the candles in back of the "jungle foliage gate" with leaves and branches, he has to clear the path with his hands (it doesn't hurt his hands due to his maxed gardening skill). The gate's leaves and branches grow back every few days, as is the case in the jungle --- In fact, the candles coincide perfectly with the above process, so he always has a well-lit office.
    Notes about entry:
    1. Plant food/fertilizer is included in the recyclable glass water bottle that he uses to water all the plants in his office. He’s even figured out how to connect his computer to the wind turbine/shaped like a fan (not electric). to provide all of the energy to his computer.
    2. There is a Tree of Emotions inside his office, and when he needs a certain emotion to complete his work, he can eat one of the berries beside his desk or from the tree, and the items in his lunch of fruit and vegetables, come from trees, which he’s planted outside his office. His office does not have a trash barrel because he’s gone paperless, he only sends emails complete business communications because a phone would use electricity --- and he uses the remains of his lunch as fish bait.
    3. Using his recyclable, handmade juicer from his inventory, he squeezes a lemon, along with honey that he collected from bees in the jungle to make lemonade into his recyclable cup --- also in his inventory. The jungle is his favorite vacation spot because of its untouched natural environment, important environmental research for an environmental engineer and using his gentle and natural ways to calm the animals to help him further his research.
    “Fishing pond” included.
    4. All the wood used in his office was recycled already, and he planted trees outside his office to replenish the oxygen that the trees used to craft his office once provided. Ancient stone, is one of his interests, as well. Because it's ancient, it has served a natural purpose for ages.
    5. The wood under his desk forms ha human eye --- and “‘Eye’ Love Nature” is the gallery name of this room.
    6. He also has a plant Sim tree, and a forbidden fruit, for when he really wants to be one with nature.
    Images (6 images):
    JTPtYq9.jpg
    1 showing as much of a room as possible
    doing research at his wind-turbine powered computer
    dwfqvoj.jpg
    bird's eye view of the room
    TpOdjqC.jpg
    from the other direction
    Jnxosuz.jpg
    studying a glyph, which pertains to the environment --- for the sun and then he'll move onto the water glyph, both of which trees need to grow
    hiUJIEe.jpg
    examining the "water" prior to going fishing with bait
    lLKsJY4.jpg
    talking to the Tree of Emotions
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

Eye Love Nature is a very nice natural themed office! @coolsim9999999 :) It was very nice reading the very creative, environmentally friendly background details that you have written about the room! You have put so much thought into all aspects of the office room! The greenery on the walls adds a very nice look to the room. The office desk area is great! It is great that the computer is powered by wind turbine, which is shaped as a fan. The wood shaped as an eye under the desk looks great! It is a great idea to have The Tree of Emotions and a Forbidden Fruit plant tree in the room. The candle lights look pretty on the wall shelves, on the desk and as the ceiling light. The type of wall texture used suits the room type very well and the patterned wall sections gives a great look to the room. The vine gate from Jungle Adventures looks great in the room! The nature themed glyphs look great on the wall. The water area of the room is a special touch.
    It is a very nice natural and environmentally friendly room! :)
    Thank you very much for your awesome and very detailed review of my nature-themed office @rosemow B)! I'm happy that you really liked the candles, as well as the background of my room and how much environmentally-friendly items I included in the room, such as the plants and trees in the room and on the walls, the fishing pond, glyphs, --- including the fan-shaped wind turbine :D! I’m really glad that you liked the vine gate from the Jungle Adventure pack!, the wood eye under his desk :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• leashahamptonleashahampton Posts: 312 Member
    edited March 2018
    Entry Form:
    Origin ID: LeashaLoves
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Experienced
    Gallery Name: Natures Office
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5932E186232611E8859B4B57E267D701
    Notes about entry: The bookshelf is meant to look like it is built into the nook. Also the cacti and succulents, they are planted in the ground, as this room was specifically built, it has a built in garden bed, under the floorboard level, filled with stones.
    Story :) : Graham loves nature, and NEEDS to have it around him while working! His office is surrounded by windows, that let natural light in all day. He loves to hear the sound of water while he works, and be able to feel like he is actually working outside within nature. There is a space for when he has meetings or Clients over. I imagined this office would be at his house! There are no electrical appliances in his room, apart from his modern Laptop computer, which is charged via a Solar panel system that is installed on his roof, which gives him a days worth of charge :)
    Images (2 - 6 images):
    K3q4Kiv.png
    d0ToI2i.png
    QGv1zRd.png
    GgV4AAP.png
    5nIyUuy.png
    Post edited by leashahampton on
    rzsH227.png
    The design of Natures Office is very nice! @leashahampton :) The glass windows on the sides of the room are very nice to allow sunshine and natural light to come into the room. It is nice that there is an outside picnic table for enjoying sitting outdoors in the air.Very nice windows office desk nook! It looks very nice how the half walls are used there to create the nook, and the candles are pretty on top of the walls. The round water fountains and cacti look great there! Gary will enjoy looking out through the glass windows whilst using the computer there. Very nice sofa seats sitting area in the middle of the room! The wood type coffee table is a nice touch there, and the flowers look nice on top of it . Sims will enjoy sitting resting there reading a book or chatting. The booknook is great! Nice desk nook for Gary to enjoy sitting on the stool reading a book there as well. The collectibles plaques look great proudly on the wall! The wall patterning looks great! The walls of candles look very natural and calming,
    It is a very nice natural office! :)
    Thank you @rosemow :)
    rzsH227.png
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    Great office room from everyone in this challenge <3

Cool office @leashahampton very nice computer area looking outside just to let you know your gallery link isn't clickable you're missing https:// :)
  • carolynrossercarolynrosser Posts: 438 Member

Entry Form:
    Origin ID: carolynrosser
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Experienced
    Gallery Name: Two Sides of Nature Study
    Gallery Link: Here
    Link to Imgur gallery

Notes about entry:
    1. I took most of the screenshots with cutaway walls, so the central archway isn't always visible.
    2. I worked hard on the placement of the plants and foliage in the garden area, but it's possible that some of it overlaps a little bit here and there. I wanted it to look organic, like it was all growing and spreading naturally, rather than neatly lined up in rows. Also, the new purple bougainvillea from the Jungle pack sticks out so far from the wall!
    3. In addition to the computer, there are a number of electric lights. Graham gets as much help from the daylight as he can, but sometimes he needs to work into the night!

Backstory: Environmental Engineer Graham Greenfinger wanted his office to reflect two of his favorite natural spaces: the garden of his childhood home and the jungle temple he recently visited in Selvadorado, so he divided the space in two: the garden area is a peaceful spot for reading and researching, and the temple area is where his computer is, for more serious work. (Not visible in all pictures: Selvadoradean archway between the two spaces.)

Images (2 - 6 images):

3FnKl78.png

mRbq65D.png

wPUzBvA.png

2s2mh8U.png

9qmOfFk.png

QBE2d6B.png

6UGz4SO.jpg
    Thanks @chips46 :) All fixed :)
    rzsH227.png
    The design of Two Sides of Nature looks very nice! @carolynrosser :) It is great that one half of the room is based on Gary’s childhood garden whilst the other side is Jungle temple themed. The bamboo plants and the archway look great separating off the two areas. The garden area is very pretty! The stone textured walls and the greenery, plants and flowers on the walls and on the grassy flooring look very nice! Very nice patterned sofa seat sitting nook for him to sit and rest from his work and read a book in the very nice natural setting. The fairy is a nice touch there, and the frog fountain and lilypads feature is great! Very nice jungle temple themed study desk nook! He will enjoy using the computer there. The nature themed glyphs, patterned floor rug, treasure chest and statues look great there! The wall texture suits the nook theme well, and the jungle greenery looks very nice on the wall.
    It is a very nice combined aspects of nature office room! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top