Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to pronounce 'Vatore' for Caleb in Forgotten Hollow?

2...Next

Comments

• JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Finvola wrote: »
    Same here, I pronounce their last name the Italian way. I just got an earworm in my head as I was typing that.

♪♪When a moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
    That's Vatore
    When the world seems to shine like you've had too much wine
    That's Vatore ♪♪

Then maybe Caleb would be pronounced in Italian way as well? In my sims 4 Korean translation, it calls ,"Kal-Leb" "Va-To-Re".

• citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I pronounce it is va-to-ray or va-tor-ee
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    I pronounce it: Kay-Leb Vator, like in The Vampire Diaries (Salvatore)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I pronounce it as if it's Italian: Va-TOR-ay

@Tanja1986 I would have pronounced that Sal-va-TOR-ay!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Saunta2 wrote: »
    Oh wow, I didn't think to pronounce the re separately. I was calling it Vah-tore as in past tense of tear.

Me neither. I just call him Kay-leb Vah-tor.
    Now that everyone's metioned it, adding the "ehy" at the end makes sense and sounds more exotic.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • CelebrityWizardCelebrityWizard Posts: 132 Member
    i've always pronounced it as Kay-leb Va-tore. This is my first time seeing people elongate the e at the end of vatore. I've just always said the Vatore as va-tore the tore like tore a limb or something.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Its a hint to the Salvatore brothers from Vampire Diaries. So, pronounce it like Salvatore, but without the "sal".
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    I'd pronounce it close to the Italian way too; no letters left silent. The English pronunciation system is rather nonsense anyway. That is, there is no real system. So honestly, anything goes.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I think it's pronounced with a silent e. So Vah-Tor. That's the way I've always pronounced it anyway.
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    Its a hint to the Salvatore brothers from Vampire Diaries. So, pronounce it like Salvatore, but without the "sal".

Yeah I assumed so, which is said with a silent E. :)
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited June 2018
    Karon wrote: »

But I feel like it’s supposed to be called,”Sal-va-to-re” without silent ‘“e”. So in Korean Forgotten Hallow, he’s called Va-To-Re(mirrored ‘3’ pronounciation) and a bit strong accent of T.

• AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I pronounce Vatore the Italian way.
    I see many people here that pronounce Caleb as in Kay-leb but I would never say it like that, for me is Kah-leb. But I don't think it matters really.
    I'd say you should pronounced however you want! It's your game :p
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I sometimes pronounce it like Kah-Leb and sometimes Kay-Leb. But the surname pronunciation is always Vah-tor for me.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/