Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback on Stuff Packs Tied to Expansion packs

124...Next

Comments

• cdshrout1171cdshrout1171 Posts: 49 Member
    We just paid $40 for Cats & Dogs and $20 for Jungle Adventures, it is absolutely ridiculous that we have to pay $10 for a rodent. This should be FREE content. Just like Toddlers. I AGREE...PURE GREED.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I do not want any more stuff packs that require expansion packs to play.
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I'm undecided. I feel like this is a feeler on the concept. Waiting to see how I feel about it. (Ha ha.)

Though I also want to point out that the question isn't quite right here because the stuff pack doesn't need the EP, except for the cat and dog costumes and for the new pet bowls etc. to be interactive. Still, I'm undecided regardless.

I think it really is going to depend on how much of a pack feels like it's not new (reskins etc., which is the only EP content I'm seeing in this one so far), how much would be inaccessible without the earlier pack. I also think they should consider having a discount price if you already own the pack a new one builds on. But I do want enhancements of earlier stuff, and things that fit well with earlier stuff. Like, if we got a Space Station pack or Superhero pack (a GP-worthy one, please!), I'd like to have a couple of new Alien outfits alongside that, at a minimum, and maybe some new stuff in the Science career. But I also think maybe the teams need to work more closely with the Free Stuff team on these things.

I would like that myself, but I don't know if EA would really find a mutual ground that benefits both them and ourselves in getting that.

However, they have talked a lot about making The Sims 4 a service. I think perhaps they should look towards extending that to expansion packs. Maybe that could be a good selling point of buying expansions -- the fact that, before the next expansion after the one you have just gotten, you are still getting content updates pertaining to that pack.
    Paid. Making the same amount of content in the end more expensive than it’s ever been.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    I would love to see more stuff packs tied to other packs.
    Only if the content is completely new game play (not reskins/rehash), and adds to one or more packs. A good example is a mini pack that combines Cat and Dogs and Seasons if/when we get them. I can see offering season oriented cat and dog content like outdoor pet shelters, functional clothing (coats/sweaters), water dishes to cool over heated pets and a new NPC or service function for animal control. I would love to be able to call animal control and either have an NPC come collect strays or have the strays quietly disappear after your sim calls animal control. I don't like the strays in the game to begin with, but I realllly don't enjoy seeing them out wandering in bad weather. There is no need for this content in a seasons pack and players shouldn't have to pay for content from a pack they don't own, however, I like the idea of a pack that addresses issues (like heat and cold with pets) and adds new game play between packs.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,231 Member
    edited March 2018
    In the case of EP01 Get To Work, I won't be against an Alien GP/SP tied to this EP.
    Aliens really lack of content compared to Vampires.

And why not an Apartment GP/SP (spiral stairs, bunk beds, Murphy bed, ...) tied to EP03 City Living.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited March 2018
    It’s quite evident what people think about this.

For those who use Reddit, check the front page right now. Number ONE with over 42,000 upvotes is a review for a stuff pack, noting EA’s tendency to charge high amounts for them. The comments are full of users bashing EA, The Sims 3’s high price to complete the collection, The Sims 4, and this model.

EA has really managed to hurt the reputation of this franchise again.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    I knew it was going to become an issue because didn't in the first 3 sims games stuff like hottubs and BUTLERS came with EPs? But now they're came in STUFF Packs?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    I will need to wait and see first, still undecided.
    The thing here is... They released this way TOO soon.

It would make sense if they released some improvements for GTW now (because it really needs it) since it's been pretty long since it released, I'm not that naive to think they would do it for free, but at least they wouldn't charge us for something that should have been in the EP in the 1st place and they held back to use it in another pack later.

This is what it feels with the new SP and that's why people is so mad at it. I don't think the reaction would have been so bad if they released... idk a year after C&Ds was out (and the fact that the content of the new pack is ridiculous doesn't help at all). I think the idea of tied packs is not so bad if managed well, and they did it so, so poorly
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    I think tying packs to each other could have benefits. For example these packs could give the developers the opportunity to expand upon features that are already in game. For example, I could see a pack with new professions that are tied to Get to Work (like a military career or an education career). Or maybe a new world that has some new appartments in it to fit City Living. I am totally up for that and I think it could really give us a better experience of the game.

The downside of all of this, would be the price. I understand that not everyone is a millionaire and that some people might even struggle to find the money to buy new packs, but I think most packs are reasonably priced and as long as every pack contains enough content to satisfy even the people that don't own the required packs, it could be fine.
  • Azarinop2Azarinop2 Posts: 776 Member
    Everything they’ve brought out for TS4 has feel flat for me, in terms of replay value.

Can’t they just scrap TS4 and move onto the game we want. TS2 & 3 combined, with the creepy phone calls from TS1. AND NPCs.
    Me on a spiritual level
    30vnk7k.gif
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,231 Member
    edited March 2018
    Pet theme is still incomplete...

Survey 5 (Feb 2017)
    The Sims 4 Bestioles (Insects/Small Pets)

The Sims who want a pet but who lack space at home will love The Sims 4 Bestioles. Adopt a wide variety of new small animals, teach them towers or even breed them to get rare appearances. Build your own pet shop to earn money with adorable creatures and their accessories.

Adopt new animals – Have your Sim adopted a new animal and have it handled. Choose from a chattering bird, a mischievous ferret, an adorable guinea pig or a stealthy reptile.

Unusual species and tricks – Learn new tricks to animals, such as fetching an object or saying new expressions. Create your own rare species with a specific appearance and personality.

Build a pet store – Create your own pet shop to sell various animals and win Simflouz. Sell ​​pet habitats, pet food and even toys to entertain them.

How many packs will be tied to EP04 Cats & Dogs ?
    1. My Second Pet Stuff: Bird
    2. My Third Pet Stuff: Reptile
    3. My Fourth Pet Stuff: Ferret
    4. My Fifth Pet Stuff: Horse
    5. My Pet Shop Stuff
    6. My First Farm Animal Stuff: Chicken
    7. My Second Farm Animal Stuff: Cow
    8. ... :p

Thumbnail_164x164.jpgThumbnail_164x164.jpg
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • RnM92RnM92 Posts: 222 Member
    Pet theme is still incomplete... How many packs will be tied to EP04 Cats & Dogs ?

My Second Pet Stuff: Bird
    My Third Pet Stuff: Reptile
    My Fourth Pet Stuff: Horse
    My Fifth Pet Stuff... Pet Shop ... :p

Survey 5 (Feb 2017)
    The Sims 4 Bestioles (Insects/Small Pets)

The Sims who want a pet but who lack space at home will love The Sims 4 Bestioles. Adopt a wide variety of new small animals, teach them towers or even breed them to get rare appearances. Build your own pet shop to earn money with adorable creatures and their accessories.

Adopt new animals – Have your Sim adopted a new animal and have it handled. Choose from a chattering bird, a mischievous ferret, an adorable guinea pig or a stealthy reptile.

Unusual species and tricks – Learn new tricks to animals, such as fetching an object or saying new expressions. Create your own rare species with a specific appearance and personality.

Build a pet store – Create your own pet shop to sell various animals and win Simflouz. Sell ​​pet habitats, pet food and even toys to entertain them.

Oh so THAT'S why there's no pet shop in C&D! So the "it was too hard" excuse was yet another lie. Man I'm absolutely livid! Another feature they've cut in order to sell back to us. This game is a disgrace.
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Ok but there are two different topics here.

Do I agree with the 'put almost nothing in packs and overcharge for them then create 10 additional packs adding something they should have put in the expansion pack in the first place' idea? NO.

But would I love to see additional stuff packs adding lots of dog and cat items, small pets etc? Of course! But there should be enough content to actually make it worth it...
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    There is a world of difference between 'cutting content to sell separately' and 'stuff packs that expand on a previous EP'. While I would hope they wouldn't be shifty about things, purposefully cutting EPs back to piecemeal content, I really loathe the idea of future logical ideas that would tie in to say Pets to be perma shelved because they weren't in the first pack. It's not like they are going to invest a ton of man hours into making add-ons for free.

The timing for this one probably isn't great though.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Nope... This one hurt me to the core. I spent full price on an expansion pack that wasn't complete... There no way in heck I would want this again...
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited March 2018
    At first I was torn because I would in general love for them to add onto and explore certain aspects of certain packs.

However, the EP could, I don't know... be in depth in the first place? The word is *expansion* pack and an expansion pack shouldn't need a pack to expand it. Oddly enough this, in a very small way, made me appreciate the Sims 3 store. As much as I may have and still do dislike it at least there when they explored different aspects of packs the items were base game oriented. Of course expansions packs in general also came with more.

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around wrapping my mind around this whole thing.

Edit: Someone was rushing me and I accidently hit the post comment button. :sweat_smile:
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    edited March 2018
    No. Then it forces players to have to buy a certain pack to use the items (even if it's not all of them) in that stuff pack. They never have done this before - or at least I don't think they have - so why start now? I feel it would be just another money grab. Don't get me wrong. Yes, I know EA is a company. Yes, I know they produce content to make more money. But making a SP that clearly screams it should have been put into an EP, is a straight up money grab. And it shouldn't be done.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• andersson01andersson01 Posts: 193 Member
    edited March 2018
    Seems like an introduction to "Let's save all the good stuff for the stuff packs" and just release half-plum expansions.

Looking at EA / Maxis' past it's probably already in the pipeline.
    The world would be a much better place without me... I can't allow that! >:D
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    How do you guys feel about having more stuff packs tied to expansion packs in the future? For example, a better business stuff pack that adds a ticket machine and functioning cash registers as well as real estate etc for Get to work?

I know this is similar to the main thread going on right now, but I thought this was unique enough to merit it's own thread, as the other thread is for speculating about the specific "hamster pack", and this is more geared for feedback on a new system we've never seen in a sims game before. If you feel it's too identical or should go in the feedback section, feel free to lock/move it @EA_Lanna :) I wasn't entirely sure if it should go in the feedback suggestion, since this isn't feedback about the game itself really.

Edit: Please keep this thread argument free so that it does not get locked, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and nobody is right or wrong. :)

I couldn't say yes or no without seeing what the stuff pack had in it.
    I mean how can I decide without any information of what it would bring.
    How it benefits the past expansion pack.
    I do think adding stuff packs that tied to expansions could be a great idea depending on what it is.

However the caged animal being added to a stuff pack. I am not happy about.

Can't decide.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• sim8040sim8040 Posts: 7 New Member
    I am severely disappointed in this. I have played the Sims franchise almost from release. I love it. I back it. I defend EA because I believed they were out to give us the content we wanted..... However, this has just disillusioned me. I am saddened they chose to do this. They are going too far in my opinion. I watched a review about it, an honest one. Made by a reviewer that really wants EA to make content we have been hoping for, for them to succeed and make a Sims 5, but... I will not be buying this or any other pack that is like this. IF it added some real content, good content then maybe but this was re-colors and stuff that honestly should have been in Pets 4. EA has come to the place where we are being nickel and dimed. Do you remember Sims 2 Pets and Sims 3 Pets? This stuff SHOULD have been in there.
  • jupiter1k97jupiter1k97 Posts: 4 New Member
    Personally I feel like they should not have stuff packs tied to expansion packs. Maybe if we got a wide assortment of new items in an expansion pack and then they wanted to expand even more on said new items, then I'd be more content with this. (I.E. if we had gotten TONS of cat and dog outfits as well as a few small pets in the EP, I would've been more okay with this kind of approach). I've read in multiple places that the My First Pet stuff pack exists either because they missed the deadline and couldn't include it in the game, or they purposely left stuff out of the EP itself. I don't care what the reason is but I will gladly wait longer for each expansion to come out as long as the stuff intended for each stuff pack is included. I just don't think their current methods are okay at all.

I love The Sims franchise and I will always support it one way or another. But right now, I'm just truly disappointed.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Personally I don’t think that EA generally plans to let SPs depend on EPs or GPs because then simmers are unlikely to buy the SPs if they don’t own the GP or EP already. So such SPs will most likely get lower sales numbers which is what EA cares about. Usually it is much better to just let SPs depend on the basegame.

But My First Pet Stuff was different because it contained the small pets. EA seems to run out of good ideas for the about 5 SPs which EA has decided to release each year. We can see this from the fact that EA now let us vote about ideas which EA is unsure about and from the release of My First Pet Stuff. So EA decided to make a SP which included the small pets. But what could such a SP have beside that? EA thought the clothes for cats and dogs were the best things to include. But then the SP would become meaningless for simmers who hadn’t bought Cats&Dogs. EA just decided to make and release it anyway because it still seemed to be the best idea for a new SP at the time. Beside that simmers would be unlikely to buy a pack with small pets anyway if they hadn’t already bought Cats&Dogs. So the restriction didn’t really matter.

So I am not so scared that it is something that EA will do very often because I don’t think that EA really plans to do that. SPs usually sell very well. So EA has made them into the main packs for TS4. But EA doesn’t want the SPs not to sell to customers who maybe only own the basegame.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Honestly, these 'add on' stuff packs need to be worth while if it'll work in conjunction with whatever expansion packs. The recent one not so much, as the only thing locked out if you don't have C&D is recolors of pet clothes with the exception of like 3 or so outfits and gameplay tied to whatever objects that we already got in the game. If you're gonna get more money out of me make it worth my time.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited March 2018
    If it was something as bad as My First Pet I never want to see another pack tied to another. Now if they added a pack tied to another that added real in depth game play like a new retail system for Get to Work with a working cash register actual new items not recolors like clothing racks changing rooms something that brings new game play and enhances a pack I'm all for it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Thinking about the concept in general, I wonder how other gaming communities would feel if this was an idea that came into their game series? I doubt they wouldn't be so happy either, because most games don't operate the same way as The Sims series.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    Ahh they do base game, exp,exp , eq2 is up to 18 exp no of which rely on another you may miss out on stuff for not having them but there all base game needed only same with GW2 2 exp now all full to the brink.
    This plane out is a cash grab some were already predicting this when things that were previously in exp packs were in gp's and stuff packs. I want to know that en exp is worth it. Just wish they wold let us pick and chose with what we play with city living keeps installing when I uninstall it, so if you buy something you didn't like tough T***t's.