Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A lot of nectar bottles in the basement slow down my game

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
Hello, I just want to ask one about the nectar skill journal challenge. My sim made about 80 bottles of nectar, but will the record in skill journal challenge still be there if I sell most of the nectar and then move to a new world?

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2018
    Pending comments from others who might have more experience with that level of nectar making and the challenge, I don't see what difference it makes whether the nectar is sold or still in inventory. It's the fact that your sim made it that should count.

Whether data like this survives world travel and moving depends on whether NRaas Traveler (with Overwatch and ErrorTrap) is in play to protect the sims' data. If moving "the EA way" without mod protection all bets are off because world moves done that way are really making a copy of your sims and essentially starting the game over for you with them. But regardless, I would try a new world move on a test copy of the game, nothing fancy just move them to the destination world however you were planning to do it, save (as), quit, and reload, and see if the data stays with the sim. Even the mods don't always work as one might think they should in such cases.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    Hello, I just want to ask one about the nectar skill journal challenge. My sim made about 80 bottles of nectar, but will the record in skill journal challenge still be there if I sell most of the nectar and then move to a new world?

The skill challenge lists the number of bottles made, not how many are on the lot or in inventory. The number made doesn't change if you sell or consign the nectar. My current 2 sims each have made slightly over 1600 bottles and sold most of it long ago.

NcZa0zS.jpg

They have also moved worlds twice since selling the nectar. They moved via the NRaas Traveler method (with OW and ET installed). The skill challenge still reads ~1600 bottles made. Can't speak to moving the sims via some other method.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Pending comments from others who might have more experience with that level of nectar making and the challenge, I don't see what difference it makes whether the nectar is sold or still in inventory. It's the fact that your sim made it that should count.

Whether data like this survives world travel and moving depends on whether NRaas Traveler (with Overwatch and ErrorTrap) is in play to protect the sims' data. If moving "the EA way" without mod protection all bets are off because world moves done that way are really making a copy of your sims and essentially starting the game over for you with them. But regardless, I would try a new world move on a test copy of the game, nothing fancy just move them to the destination world however you were planning to do it, save (as), quit, and reload, and see if the data stays with the sim. Even the mods don't always work as one might think they should in such cases.

0.png

The record is still not changed which is so great! :D I moved to other custom world, RFlong7's Beach City and no lagging. I'm so happy! :D

• JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    @TreyNutz

Thank you so much for your skill journal. I actually got blocked to get into my save game. Luckily, I had saved my family and their friends in Porter mod last night. It was really good luck for me. I moved them into a new world, then the record is still fine. I'm really happy. I can sell more nectars to see your skill challenge. Thank you TreyNutz. :D