Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have vampires been nerfed?

1101112131416...Next

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I miss having those NPC's. The cop, the fireman, the burglar, and Agnes Crumplebottom swinging her bag. I would want all those buttons turned on.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2018
    Cynna wrote: »
    I'm not a supernatural player (I tend to mod them out of my game), however, I really empathize with those who are!

EA's response is truly unacceptable and, I don't know about anyone else, but it just damages whatever faith I had left in EA or TS4. The action of removing or nerfing a feature makes me very wary about what could be messed with next. What else will be removed because it doesn't have 100% approval? Or worse, what will be removed because it's broken?

When I buy something, I expect the game/pack features to remain as they were when I bought the game/pack. The only obvious exception is if something is bugged. Even then, the feature should be fixed, never removed.

TS4 isn't an MMO, though, I know that some at EA wish that it were. I didn't get TS4 as part of a subscription service, I bought it. Changing an existing feature of a game after someone has purchased it in good faith is simply wrong.

Amen. I would be afraid to buy the new pack because at some point those Sims dying from something in the tomb may be nerfed out, just like Vlad no longer showing up, and alien pregnancy and the Never Weary Trait (which they changed back recently). I don't want a game changed after I bought it for the reasons I bought. ETA: History proves in TS4 they can't be trusted to leave alone the packs they sold.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    It sounds like he was saying they're only going to turn back on the initial visit, but not the rest. If that's the case, I'm definitely NOT okay with that.

The initial visit is the only thing we changed. We didn't touch the rest. And I'm looking into turning it back on with an option to quit.

Thank you for taking your time and looking into this / trying to fix it. Please don't forget about the toggle options though, but in the meantime, yes, give us our biting vampires back :) have a nice week ahead and thx for sacrificing some time of your weekend to answer / help us here. It's not that common, so it's more than doubly appreciated.
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    @SimGuruNinja Thank you for looking into the problem.
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    edited March 2018
    For those who mentioned a toggle for vampires, SimGuruNinja did already address this yesterday. I just wanted to bring it to everyone's attention again in case some missed it. I know I almost did. :D
    Vampires still come to visit you; they just don't autonomously bite. We didn't turn off all vamp visits; just the initial 100% guaranteed one that resulted in a fictional bite (that didn't actually turn you into a vampire).

As always, we're listening to y'all. We're always fixing bugs and providing tuning updates to make as many people happy as possible. In this case, we are trying to fix bugs and clean up a spot in the vamp pack that has consistently been a sore spot for many. We're not weakening the powers or the progression in any way.

We can probably also do another tuning pass to only trigger this event in the Vampire World. So if you move into that world, the vamp sneak in bite could happen, but in the other worlds it wouldn't. Thoughts on that? That is a possible solution to help alleviate some of the feedback in this thread. I don't know if that is enough for this crowd, but it's certainly something feasible I could try and act on. I don't have the bandwidth to create new features around this area right now (toggles and the like).

Thanks for hanging in there. Sorry to make anyone unhappy. The exact opposite of what we try to do.

**Please remember this quote is from yesterday before the cancelling idea arose, which is what they're thinking about doing currently (similar to the welcome wagon).**
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    ....The bandwidth?

"Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    @SimGuruNinja I wont be happy if vampire break in will just be a once in a game type of thing now. And I doubt that many other players wont be happy with that either. It wont fix this issue. It's not even close to what it was originally.
    You guys took one of the pack's feature out without telling us. Something that actually made the game interesting..

I guess we just can't have anything nice. If this doesn't get fixed I want my money back thank you.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    I'm literally facepalming so hard right now. Sometimes the devs make the most incredibly stupid decisions. Just give players a darn toggle for crying out loud! How hard can it fricken be! The devs are literally the laziest sometimes, just give people an OPTION! AArrrghhhh!!!! :s

@SimGuruNinja please un nerf it, it's upsetting how you treat simmers that actually payed for vampires and more scary stuff in the game. I am really angry that you keep doing mistakes like these, when there's an easy solution that doesn't involve disappointing players or water down the game. It's decisions like this that is literally ruining the the game and the franchise.

I don't know that we'll ever get toggles.

More than ever, I'm convinced that TS4 is based on a platform that was meant to be an MMO. All evidence points to this. MMOs do not allow changes to the world of the behaviors within the world. All heck would break loose if every player were given that power.

Likewise, in TS4, we are not allowed to change the world in any way. Nor are we allowed to control features that universally affect the behaviors that occur in the world. All of TS4's limitations lead right back to the game's origin as something that most of us didn't want in the first place.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    @SimGuruNinja Can you please also add an option to cancel all vampire attacks, not just the initial one. My current save game gets attacks multiple times a week, and I'd like the option to cancel that as well. It's too late to just cancel the initial visit.

Use the in-game solution, the garlic braid, it works like a charm.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    edited March 2018
    This is just a thought but I wonder if they posted that "new pack" teaser just to silence us vampire fans or get the majority of players to focus on something else instead?
    I mean that's how business world works and there was NOTHING about the pack on the quarterly teaser either..
    It's like their "emergency pack" to get the attentiom away from this issue.
    If that's the case then pretty well played TS team and EA.

Editing this just to say that I'm obviously being sarcastic(before someone gets my comment wrong) but hey who knows maybe this is actually the case haha. Wouldn't be the first time when big companies do something like THIS.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    ....The bandwidth?

Work capacity or resources.
    ....The bandwidth?

When someone asks if you have the bandwidth for a project, they're asking what your workload is and whether or not you have the time for it in my experience.

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    As someone who doesn't own the pack, my vote would be for a toggle to turn off Aliens/Vampires/etc. Like Sims 3. I for one would be more likely to buy the pack if there was something like this in-game.
    edited March 2018
    For those who mentioned a toggle for vampires, SimGuruNinja did already address this yesterday. I just wanted to bring it to everyone's attention again in case some missed it. I know I almost did. :D
    Vampires still come to visit you; they just don't autonomously bite. We didn't turn off all vamp visits; just the initial 100% guaranteed one that resulted in a fictional bite (that didn't actually turn you into a vampire).

As always, we're listening to y'all. We're always fixing bugs and providing tuning updates to make as many people happy as possible. In this case, we are trying to fix bugs and clean up a spot in the vamp pack that has consistently been a sore spot for many. We're not weakening the powers or the progression in any way.

We can probably also do another tuning pass to only trigger this event in the Vampire World. So if you move into that world, the vamp sneak in bite could happen, but in the other worlds it wouldn't. Thoughts on that? That is a possible solution to help alleviate some of the feedback in this thread. I don't know if that is enough for this crowd, but it's certainly something feasible I could try and act on. I don't have the bandwidth to create new features around this area right now (toggles and the like).

Thanks for hanging in there. Sorry to make anyone unhappy. The exact opposite of what we try to do.

**Please remember this quote is from yesterday before the cancelling idea arose, which is what they're thinking about doing currently (similar to the welcome wagon).**

What is the purpose of a vampire visit if they no longer autonomously bite? The pack is ruined. Also, no if this only happens in FH (the second thing I bolded) then why even bother to read vampire lore in WB or WC? Just no. They already said the townie vamps were slow to spawn in other towns so why take away the ability to have one come and bite a Sim autonomously in WC or WB. These answers are just catering to vampire haters who bought the pack for the clothes and ruining the pack and it's integrity for those who liked it the way it was! It wasn't voted best pack for the clothes.

ETA: My two cents concerning all his answers or ideas, might as well just be Twilight Vamps if you ruin it like this.
    ETA: What don't they understand. We didn't buy the pack as a level up RPG pack but for the randomness and suspense! The surprises! And for those bothered by vamps just fight one they won't be back , gaw there were already ways to avoid vampires!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    This is just a thought but I wonder if they posted that "new pack" teaser just to silence us vampire fans or get the majority of players to focus on something else instead?
    I mean that's how business world works and there was NOTHING about the pack on the quarterly teaser either..
    It's like their "emergency pack" to get the attentiom away from this issue.
    If that's the case then pretty well played TS team and EA.

Of course although it will be said that this timing has always been planned and nothing changed in this timing to release this teaser and so on. The new stuff pack is an interesting creature, the 1st we have seen of explicit content being sold separately that relies on a pack already in play. For the content to 'work' (cats and dogs outfits) you will need to either already own Cats and Dogs or purchase it at the same time. I can't help but be cynical and state that this content was always planned to be sold separately hence ushering in the new era of stripping out content at the planning stage with the sole purpose of selling it at a later date. Obvious you say, yes, but it has never been that obvious before.

Anyway...I digress... back to NPC vampires being able to autonomously feed at all points in the game.

@NZsimm3r if you can't detect the sarcasm of my comment, you've misunderstood it.
  • VuloriVulori Posts: 94 Member
    Look, I understand the want for a toggle. It would be the best way to deal with people who don't want occult gameplay but still want the items in the pack. But at this point and time, there is no toggle. So why should people who wanted vampires be the ones to have to work to have vampires work as advertised in their game? I just want to know that something like this won't happen again, because frankly, I have no intention at this point of buying anything else for sims 4. I don't like this whole situation. I also realize many people mod their game and even cc can cause issues. Are we sure that the people who were having issues were people who were running a vanilla game to begin with?
    As someone who doesn't own the pack, my vote would be for a toggle to turn off Aliens/Vampires/etc. Like Sims 3. I for one would be more likely to buy the pack if there was something like this in-game.

No one ever had to get their Sims bitten if they didn't allow in Vlad. Period.
  • SiMsStoriesSiMsStories Posts: 219 Member
    I brought the vampires game pack day 1. Made an entirely new household specifically for that gamepack and not once have they had a vampire intruding into their homes. Expect Caleb... but he was just doing his welcome committee. Vlad had never welcome my sim to the arrival of forgotten hollow. At least until my sim and Caleb became close friends and Caleb offer to give her the gift of immortality which she accepted and the transformation of becoming a vampire had begun. That's when Vlad wanted to call my sim and welcoming her to the vampire family and transforming and etc.

Usually when vampires came over they would just knock on the door and literally stand there and smile. My doors were never locked so they could have just waltz on in. Even still they refused to even do that. When cats and dogs finally came out and I made a house hold specifically for that world and did not want to be bother by Vlad and his crew. I get a text about Vlad welcoming into the neighborhood when my sim was not even a resident in forgotten hollow and then him complimenting about how lovely his neck look. He came to their home, knocked on the door... and stood there. The second night, Vlad came again. So I had locked all my doors and ignored him.

Until the camera itself kept panning towards vlad hissing and snarling, with the whole "Mesmoratu/Sagora" full theme playing. Vlad had continued with his "hissing" parade until it was 3 or 4 am in the game and then left, Vlad Never showed his face at my sim's lot ever again. Almost every new file I make I get greeted by him on the phone or lilith shows up knocking on my door but stands there. Other than the whole Hiss and growling event Vlad did outside my sim's house that never meant or even acknowledge that vampires live in their game. I have not seen or witness a break in....

Other than public venues, which was indeed annoying that I couldn't leave until the vampire finds their victim which I rarely saw. Expect for that one time where was Lilith hunting in on Travis scott... Then canceling her attack on him just mingle with him and then proceed to make out with him. I am glad that there are talks of trying to re-vamping the nerf. Other than the pre-mades and the world itself, the whole theme of the element of surprise/danger is what got me to buy vampires and jungle adventures. I am not the type who is super big on super natural themes.

But, honestly? I hope you guys do not consider nerfing stuff in jungle adventures or any other stuff/game/expansion pack that comes with the hint of a near death experience/dangerous and unexpected. Especially if it is literally slapped in the consumers face."You get what you paid for", comes into mind. While I will admit there are somethings that could be possibly needs a bit of tweaking but not huge nerf to where it is none existent. (and I will not go into details about that because it is an entirely different topic on it's own).

I also agree with someone mentioning about if we could have some online store where players can buy cosmetics and furniture from the said gamepack rather than being forced to buy the gamepack but just want only want it for it's CAS or furniture.... But at the same time stuff packs probably will not have a meaning anymore if that were to happen. So,

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BHv51HO.gif
    Alive - Episode 2: Friends |watch it on| Youtube | Forum | Twitter
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    Guess what? I'm an plum.

Nothing has been changed on this feature. Vampire events remain untouched. This was much ado about nothing. The functionality of the break-in w/ bite is the same as it has been since we launched.

I was confused. We were investigating some tuning changes to this event that would have turned it off, BUT WE DID NOT ACTUALLY SUBMIT ANY CHANGES to the current Live build.

And guess what else? We're not going to change it based on the fury contained in this thread. Your vamp break-ins will continue unabated. Any bugs we solve will be done without adjusting this event.

So like I said, I'm an plum. Sorry to cause panic.

I am so sorry but I am laughing so hard right now I have actual tears on my face.

Thank you for everything, @SimGuruNinja :) Your willingness to engage and consider solutions in general is deeply appreciated.

• SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru

I'm so bummed. Such a lame move on my part.

LOCKING THIS THREAD but feel free to comment on the similar thread I just created.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top