Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game suddenly fails to start.

A few hours ago, out of nowhere, I opened the game. Well, I tried. Origin runs, and the game comes up on the dock, but after a few minutes it hangs and stalls, and if I wait long enough, the game cancels and disappears from the dock. I've tried removing new cc, and it's still doing this. Anyone know what I can do? I've been trying for hours to get it to work. So frustrating :( Thank you for your time
wr7jm5.png&quot

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Have you tried repairing the game?
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • jkelkerjkelker Posts: 1 New Member
    Same for me. Have tried repairing and also completely reinstalling. When I open the game, resolution changes, then black screen for a few seconds, then back to normal screen (Finder) with Sims 4 not responding.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Need more specifics about both of your Macs. And have you checked your Mods to insure that they are up to date as well?
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • PixellariousPixellarious Posts: 5 New Member
    Same here, except that it happens with all my Origin games : The Sims 4, The Sims 3 and SimCity and even my Steam games : Cities Skylines.

I've been playing The Sims 4 on my iMac 27" late 2015 for two years. My computer is up to date (updated to High Sierra back in September 2017). My game ran perfectly fine on high settings with approximatively 12GB of CC. Three days ago the game just refused to launch, the icon appears but it states that the game is unresponsive.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Have you all disabled Origin in-game to see if that helps?
    apple-signature.png
    Hello! So I finally got all the games to start (I don't know how) and all of them run like before except for TS4! I have a brand new Sims 4 folder, no cc and origin disabled in game (I did that after reading your comment) and it lags like crazy! It takes up to 5 minutes to load (which happened when I had 12GB of cc but now I have none) and it lags in game as well! The Buy/Build mode goes unresponsive for a few minutes whenever I switch categories and the game camera is lagging as well. I am currently running the game on windowed mode with low settings so it makes it even worst since before it could run on high settings, full screen mode and retina display! I'm thinking about resetting the whole computer or going back to El Capitan (the original OS the computer came with), does it seem too drastic?
    If everything else on your Mac is running well then it’s the game, not your machine. Do you have antivirus running? If so quit it and try again. If you have apps set to launch at login, quit them (Spotify, Mail etc.). If you restart your Mac then immediately play without doing anything else after logging in, is it still slow?
    apple-signature.png
  • copygirl29copygirl29 Posts: 68 Member
    I'm having the same issue. I just get a black screen and then it crashes. I fear my mistake was not removing the mods when I did the update, but I've repaired the game, removed mods, restarted origin etc and it hasn't helped. I've never had to remove mods when downloading an update before and I didn't read the patch notes because I found out about the update through Origin. I'm on the newest Macbook Pro with High Sierra. Has anyone worked out how to fix this?
    copygirl29 wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue. I just get a black screen and then it crashes. I fear my mistake was not removing the mods when I did the update, but I've repaired the game, removed mods, restarted origin etc and it hasn't helped. I've never had to remove mods when downloading an update before and I didn't read the patch notes because I found out about the update through Origin. I'm on the newest Macbook Pro with High Sierra. Has anyone worked out how to fix this?

Have you tried of of the suggestions in this thread?

apple-signature.png
    I restarted my computer and launched the game straight away and it went unresponsive for 15 minutes. I also tried running it from another session in case there's something running in the background that I'm not aware of, but same thing happens... What amazes me is that there was no Origin or TS4 updates in between when my game worked and when it stopped working!
  • justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    Thank you for all of your help. Turns out it was caused by bad cc I added. Forgot to check the new ones. CC has been causing me a lot of frustration lately. Mainly, when I put down a bed or sofa, it disappears. Then, some don't even work and I get a prompt saying script failed.
    wr7jm5.png&quot

Thank you for all of your help. Turns out it was caused by bad cc I added. Forgot to check the new ones. CC has been causing me a lot of frustration lately. Mainly, when I put down a bed or sofa, it disappears. Then, some don't even work and I get a prompt saying script failed.

Sounds like CC that isn't compatible with the latest patch and CC that may only be recolours so they need the original object in game to be placed.

apple-signature.png
  • meowmugmeowmug Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I'm having this same issue, but with a new install of Sims 4. So no CC, no mods, nothing like that. Every time I launch the game, it stalls, and then goes to "Application Not Responding."
  • Jo2uke_kunJo2uke_kun Posts: 10 New Member
    Hey everyone! I really don't know what to do. I'm posting here, too, hoping someone might know a solution!

For the past couple of hours, I've tried to get Sims 4 to work on my Macbook Pro (Early 2011). I've been playing so much Sims 2 back in the day and only a little Sims 3, since I got it back through Origin, which I had downloaded to my Macbook Pro. I finally decided to try out Sims 4 and downloaded it. The download went smoothly, but the moment I clicked Play, the Sims 4 icon was just bouncing on the bottom line for a while and then it went completely away. I can't even open the game at all. It just sent me back to Origin with the 'Play' for me to click on. I've tried again and again and even tried moving the Sims 4 from the MacOS folder to the trash can and Download again as some people said might work, but it still just bounces on the bottom line and then disappears, never letting me inside the game.

Can anyone help me?

Macbook Pro, 13-inch, Early 2011

Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 4GB

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

OS X 10.9.5

I'm not sure about running antivirus. Not what I'm aware of!

I did try to repair my game in Origin, and it took some minutes, but afterwards it was like nothing had changed. Still just a bouncing icon and then nothing.

I don't have any CC/Mods yet.
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > @Jo2uke_kun run the Origin reset tool

Thanks for the response! I just ran the Origin reset tool. When I downloaded and opened Origin again, it asked me to update Sims 4, so I'm trying that at the moment! I'll return with news of how trying to start the game up again went.
    @BluebellFlora

I tried pressing play just now again, and it minimized the Origin window. The Sims 4 icon bounced on the line but then disappeared and Origin popped up again with the 'Play' button, unfortunately...
    @Jo2uke_kun

Ok. Can you update the OS to Yosemite or higher? That may help as you are running an outdated version. Can you also check how much space you have left on your hard drive? Click on the Apple in the menu bar then About This Mac
    apple-signature.png
    @BluebellFlora

I'll try to update to Yosemite. I'm just a bit careful, since last time I tried updating, it almost ruined my computer, since it is quite old.
    About the space, I have about 183GB free out of 319GB
    @BluebellFlora

I'm not sure if going to High Sierra would overwhelm it. Do you think it would? I can't really figure out, where to find the next OS update steps in between what I have now and High Sierra, if that makes sense!
    @BluebellFlora

It worked! It took soo long downloading High Sierra on it, but once I had it, Sims 4 loaded and I could actually play it! I hope everything won't disappear by the next time I play, but thank you so much for your help!
    Jo2uke_kun wrote: »
    @BluebellFlora

It worked! It took soo long downloading High Sierra on it, but once I had it, Sims 4 loaded and I could actually play it! I hope everything won't disappear by the next time I play, but thank you so much for your help!

Yay! :)

apple-signature.png
  • IchIchiNaruIchIchiNaru Posts: 2 New Member
    Ok so I am having the same issues as others on here. I'd been playing Sims 4 on high resolution with no glitching or lag ever since the game was released. For some reason, one day in December of last year I opened the game and it was super slow. I stopped playing for about a month because I was busy and now, coming back to it, the game won't even load. This is really frustrating. I've spent the entire day trying to solve this issue and nothing is working. I've repaired my game many times and that did nothing. I removed my files and started the game again to see if it was a corrupted file...nothing. I uninstalled Sims 4 and Origin, restarted my Mac and I still only get the "not responding" message. I've got the latest updates for everything in game and on my mac and I do not believe I have any anti virus downloaded. The only thing I've downloaded since this problem started was Clean My Mac...and I barely had anything on my mac to begin with. I don't know what else to do, please help.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

Processor: 2.2 Ghz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3

Startup Disk: Macintosh HD

Graphics: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
  • IchIchiNaruIchIchiNaru Posts: 2 New Member
    I want to add that my game did finally load, it took forever! But now it takes a bit for the game to lead. There's a black screen for about a minute before the game opens...everything runs fine now but is the loading issue something to worry about?
  • sgordon19sgordon19 Posts: 7 New Member
    I'm having the same issue that previous people have described. I've tried re downloading Origin, repairing the game, updating it, and I don't have any Mods or CC. Everytime I click on the game, the screen goes black, then the Sims quits and it says that the application is not responding and I have to force quit.
    Mac:
    MacOs High Sierra 10.13.3
    Processor: 1.3 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB