Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bring Sims 1 to Origin please???

I know this is silly to ask but please please please please bring the Sims 1 game to Origin it has been 18 years since we started to play it and I well miss it so much I have all of the disks of the Sims 1 and I can install it just fine but to play it my computer is like Nope not going to happen I just really miss playing Sims 1 the game that got me hooked on the whole Sims series Can we please try to get it on Origin in the future so non Simmer who have never played the game play with a true Classic then go to Sims 2 3 and 4 to see what made us true Simmers? This is my Only wish right now is that we bring the Sims 1 back from Grim's hands and the shadows and bring life to a game that everyone that started out with has great memories of playing. When I got the Sims 1 base game I played for 33+ hours and I killed off Bob on accident and I was ready to give up the game but I didn't I stayed with it and I'm still going to stay with my Sims no matter what they have my heart. Thank you Sims team and EA for making a Great Series with the Sims!!! <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Comments

• TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I'd pay like $20 or something for a Sims 1 Complete Edition for sure!
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Even though I can still play the sims 1 complete collection on my pc, I wouldn’t mind having it digitally.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Even though I can still play the sims 1 complete collection on my pc, I wouldn’t mind having it digitally.

It would be nice if it was updated to 1080p 16:9 tho

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

I agree there. But the graphics are part of their charm.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I don’t think they will because they’d be bogged down with reports of this or that not working. And besides why offer us an old game for free/cheap when they can continue to push the new stuff for premium price? Doesn’t make sense from a financial standpoint.
  • fusco215fusco215 Posts: 1 New Member
    I miss Sims 1. Sims 1 & 2 were for fun for me than Sims 3 &4.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I don’t think they will because they’d be bogged down with reports of this or that not working. And besides why offer us an old game for free/cheap when they can continue to push the new stuff for premium price? Doesn’t make sense from a financial standpoint.

They can do what they did with Sims 2. They offered it but it's with the notice that the game is no longer being supported and if/when there are problems you can try contacting CS but you're probably going to be on your own in fixing it. It's only a matter of time before Sims 3 also becomes unsupported so there's no reason they can't offer Sims 1 with a warning that it's going to remain unupdated and unsported going forward so it's a play/buy at your own "risk" type of deal.
    ~ ~ ~
  • spookyHTMLspookyHTML Posts: 14 New Member
    I would love this.
  • catman30cacatman30ca Posts: 23 Member
    So I had decided after coming across old lets play videos on YouTube that I wanted to revisit the original sims and sims 2. I have all the discs up to 4 which I only have the first disc and the rest are digital. I enjoy playing 3 and 4 and I am glad that with origin I don't need to insert a disc so I can play when I'm away from home. So on my desktop I have the quick play icons for all of the sims 2/3/4 and couldn't find 1. In my programs "now I run windows 10" well what I found was makin magic but under it it said unavailable. Now it also says this for the base game of 2 and a couple other expansions for 2. The rest say electronic arts underneath. So I uninstalled makin magic and then was able to reinstall them all but I cant find them now and when I try to play a box pops up saying log in as administrator to play or something to this effect which I thought I was as I'm the only one on my computer. I also see in apps/programs that it says that unavailable thing under the title for 1 of the sims stories pack along with my zoo tycoon and rollercoaster tycoon 2 game. Now I know they aren't maxis or ea games. It was just something I noticed. I haven't yet tried to play 2 or some of the other games just curious. Also beside the programs in the control panel they all have dates of Jan 16 2018 beside all but my sims 4 game and the makin magic which I just reinstalled today and has todays date. I haven't played these titles in over a year maybe 2.
  • NinjaWarriorNinjaWarrior Posts: 2 New Member
    Yeah, I have to admit I would love to get the sims 1 on origin, still got my original copy to this day.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    Sadly I think my current laptop wouldn't be able to handle the old graphics. Or the game wouldn't play properly on my laptop.

My Sims 1 games all went the same way... I'd use the klapaucius cheat to get oodles of money and build giant houses with the most expensive furnishings and they all looked very similar :D :D I only ever had the base game though, I came to Sims 1 on PC comparatively late, and could never find all the expansions. I did manage to get Unleashed once, from a second-hand shop, but there was no install code :'(
  • 4thStreet4thStreet Posts: 69 Member
    Yeah, you actually have to get a no CD crack in order to play Sims 1. I still have my origi al Sims 1 and my wife has her original Sims 1 Complete Collection.

It would be pretty awesome if EA would do a free Sims 1 Complete Collection on the 20 year anniversary of Sims 1 realease.
    Take care of yourself, and each other!
  • MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
    i doubt it would be worth it for them to add sims 1 to Origin cause nobody would want to pay for it, it would just end up being like the sims 2 ultimate collection fiasco where everyone wants to bog down Origin customer support with requests to get the game free. i think they have enough of that to deal with for that game, which is probably why you dont even find the sims 2 UC got removed from Origin.
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    sims 1 complete collection I have but it will not play on my windows 10 at all...
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Even if they dont have it on origin a lot of companies offer a way to download old software without a CD rom drive as long as you have a serial number. I have both Microsoft office and photoshop on my new pc by doing this. I don't see why they can't do something similar and put up a website with the installation files (even if all the expansions are seperate) with a disclaimer that it might not work on modern PCs and they won't offer support.
  • nolurknolurk Posts: 249 Member

There's actually a thriving market out there of companies offering old games--some of them decades old! Likewise, there's a company out there that legally sells digital versions (along with gaming manuals and other goodies included as part of the purchase) of a number of really old games (along with some newer ones) and work with the rights owners/publishers of those games to get them out there as they know there's a market out there for them and a number of players either nostalgic for them or who may prefer them for various reasons (or some who are just curious about them as they may be too young to have known about those games when they were first released). They also release them with the most up-to-date patches or sometimes bundle them with an emulator (for example, anything that would need to run off MS-DOS would fall under that category) and in a way that they should run on modern day systems.

Even if you check out Steam, they have a number of really old titles (or collections of them) that can be purchased including classics such as Pac-Man (which had not only been one of the most successful arcade games of all time, but became a huge part of pop culture in the 1980s due to its success--it was a phenomenon that was unlike anything anyone had ever seen before or really since (not even the Mario Bros could compare to it)).

Also, for certain defunct platforms out there, there was an emulator release where the programmer was able to obtain the rights to set up a repository old games that ran on those platforms for players to download and run/install through it on a modern-day Windows system through the emulator.

A number of companies out there have come to recognize that those old games still carry a great deal of value among players or would be players--some of whom, again, were not even born when those games were released. Some companies have also come to realize as well that there are also a number of similar games that have been released due to the demand for those old games and the recognition that there's both interest in them and potentially some money to possibly be made if they release it (even if it's through a third-party website).

While the graphics may seem simpler compared to most titles out there now, that's not necessarily a bad thing just as there's a great deal to be said for the actual game play for many of those old games--something that a number of people greatly appreciate along with just how re-playable many of those games are. It can sometimes be a case of where sometimes keeping it simple can be best--and where it may be preferred.
  • LillyPutian0LillyPutian0 Posts: 103 Member
    I would so get behind this. I have all the disks (not the complete collection) on my old computer and still play. Having a digital version would be so much more convenient going forward! Also, it would be nice not to have to fight between securom and my anti-virus. Think how many people who know nothing of the origin of Sims could try out the best game ever!
  • nolurknolurk Posts: 249 Member
    I would so get behind this. I have all the disks (not the complete collection) on my old computer and still play. Having a digital version would be so much more convenient going forward! Also, it would be nice not to have to fight between securom and my anti-virus. Think how many people who know nothing of the origin of Sims could try out the best game ever!

Sims1 didn't have Securom (nor did any of its expansion packs or bundled packs). That particular copy protection program didn't get introduced into the series until one of the later packs for Sims2.

Although, I agree with you that having a digital copy would be so much easier for those of us wanting to play it again (I have my disks, but after two moves, they're not that easy to get to if I were wanting to reinstall. Plus, there's the issue of changes to hardware and operating systems alike).

• krishtinikakrishtinika Posts: 1 New Member
    I'd really love this happens and I would happily pay for it. I have the original game and exp packs, but some of the exp packs don't work, they are scratched because I've played too much :'( . I still play from time to time but I have to download some pirate and ready to play torrent. so yes, a digital copy of the whole collection would be awesome, so I don't have to waste time looking for pirate downloads, make it work etc
  • PhantomShadowsPhantomShadows Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes please! Pretty, please?! With a Sim on top? I'm trying to get my Sims original game working on my WIn 10 - it hasn't got the update people say that keeps blocking it but it whines about admin permission when I am admin O.o' tried all the compatibility options now I'm clueless! It works on my Win 7 laptop though I want it on my Win 10 as all my Sims games are on it!
  • knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member

Then you know nothing about gamers, from a financial standpoint.

CYAN just completed a kickstarter for all of their old games, for just $247,000. They raked in over $2.8 million immediately.

All old games.

EA would be smart to revisit what started The Sims fanbase in the first place - and it would payoff for them, in the end.
  • knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member
    edited June 2018
    jackjack_k wrote: »

I agree there. But the graphics are part of their charm.

The graphics and movements of the sims 1 does make it feel like you are playing with a dollhouse (in a good way).
  • Juniorzeny7Juniorzeny7 Posts: 15 Member
    > @DanaKScullyFBl said:
    > I know this is silly to ask but please please please please bring the Sims 1 game to Origin it has been 18 years since we started to play it and I well miss it so much I have all of the disks of the Sims 1 and I can install it just fine but to play it my computer is like Nope not going to happen I just really miss playing Sims 1 the game that got me hooked on the whole Sims series Can we please try to get it on Origin in the future so non Simmer who have never played the game play with a true Classic then go to Sims 2 3 and 4 to see what made us true Simmers? This is my Only wish right now is that we bring the Sims 1 back from Grim's hands and the shadows and bring life to a game that everyone that started out with has great memories of playing. When I got the Sims 1 base game I played for 33+ hours and I killed off Bob on accident and I was ready to give up the game but I didn't I stayed with it and I'm still going to stay with my Sims no matter what they have my heart. Thank you Sims team and EA for making a Great Series with the Sims!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I agree with you, is necessary bring The sims 1, for Origin.
  • TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    This would be pure heaven for me, I'd love to be able to play the original sims again (darn Windows 10), such happy memories. I've been playing sims games now for 15 years, I started with The Sims Deluxe edition while recovering from a transplant op back in 2003; and here I am, a grown man still playing with (electronic) dolls houses. Though unlikely it's not beyond possibility; I noticed the other day that Origin has the original Populous for download, I used to play that back in the 90's, so if that can be in there...well who knows. :)
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • musiclover13191musiclover13191 Posts: 82 Member
    I would love if they brought the original Sims Complete Collection to Origin! I had about 1gb of custom content downloaded that followed me through 4 computer upgrades but somehow got lost during the 5th one :( But I still love playing the game from time to time and I have so many happy memories of the game.
    Hogwarts House: Hufflepuff | Ilvermorny House: Pukwudgie | Patronus: Hedgehog