Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

❀ Beach City =]

Comments

• HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited January 2017
    Thanks for letting me know. I love the train and the train station so much! I hope the train is still in the build version or I might have to just start bulldozing lots (which I hate to do), just to reduce the amount of stuff going on. My PC can handle it OK but based on experience I think it will eventually deteriorate with too many sims in the world. Besides I'm wanting to play a much smaller 'hood with fewer sims in it.

I would like to make my own world but I've opened CAW a few times and I just lose patience to learn how to do everything there is to do. :blush:
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • RenateDRenateD Posts: 34 Member
    Hi Rflong7,
    Still think this world is the best! B)
    Could you please tell me which items and/or lots are added to the save file?
    Apparently I am missing something...
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    @RenateD wrote: »
    Hi Rflong7,
    Still think this world is the best! B)
    Could you please tell me which items and/or lots are added to the save file?
    Apparently I am missing something...

Hi! :mrgreen:

Aw... I wish I remembered. :(
    Maybe it's the people and their outfits? I don't think I put the Sweet Treats in the Save... I'm so sorry. :(

Oh, don't worry about it! It is just the perfectionist in me that wants everything in your world as you designed it! :mrgreen:
    I'll enjoy your world anyway. Thanks for answering so quickly! <3
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    That reminds me that I need to add this world to my game. I bookmarked this long ago and keep forgetting. I may even use this for my next generation. Thanks for posting @RenateD. :)
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    That reminds me that I need to add this world to my game. I bookmarked this long ago and keep forgetting. I may even use this for my next generation. Thanks for posting @RenateD. :)

Lol, you're welcome!
    You shouldn't miss out on this world. It is the best sims 3 world for me. I have bought so many premium items, that I almost forget to use them, so I love it that all of them are already placed in this world. :)
    @Rflong7 I think I found one! :mrgreen:
    It looks like you added the Boardwalk and the Roller Coaster..! Am I right? :)
    Any other lots you can think of maybe? Hoping this might trigger your memory ;)
    (extra in the save file) - the exchange says which items I need for the Beach City download, so it is just the extra's in the save file I am wondering about.
    Edit:
    Do you know if you added anything of these venues?:
    Last Venue of Amore
    World of Wonder Carousel Collection
    The Now & Then Century Manor
    Deliciously Indulgent Bakery
    Prism Art Studio
    The Boardwalk

These are the ones I don't have and I would consider getting, since they add gameplay as well. :smiley:
    RenateD wrote: »
    Edit:
    Last Venue of Amore
    Prism Art Studio
    The Boardwalk

These are the ones I don't have and I would consider getting, since they add gameplay as well. :smiley:

I very much enjoy most of those. I don't know much about the carousel collection, but I've used the rest of them. I especially like the last three and have used them in my stories. :)
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    Edit:
    Last Venue of Amore
    Prism Art Studio
    The Boardwalk

I very much enjoy most of those. I don't know much about the carousel collection, but I've used the rest of them. I especially like the last three and have used them in my stories. :)

Ok, sorry, my bad maybe. I actually meant asking Rflong7 :)
    I wonder if these sets are used in Beach City.
    But it's nice to know you like them ;)
    Edit:
    Last Venue of Amore
    Prism Art Studio
    The Boardwalk

Ok, sorry, my bad maybe. I actually meant asking Rflong7 :)
    I wonder if these sets are used in Beach City.
    But it's nice to know you like them ;)

Oh, I knew you meant Rflong, but you mentioned possibly getting some of them. I thought I'd share which ones I liked most, in case you did decide to get some. :) It's my own fault for speaking out of turn. :)
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I know I finished the world before all the Sets were out so it doesn't have them all. It does have the Boardwalk- someone made the lot for it and it's linked on the 2nd post. There is room to add more of the Store... :)

Oh no, it is sort of good to know the world doesn't have these. Prevents me from using too much money :mrgreen:
    Maybe I will add some of them. The boardwalk looks tempting ;)

Oh, I knew you meant Rflong, but you mentioned possibly getting some of them. I thought I'd share which ones I liked most, in case you did decide to get some. :) It's my own fault for speaking out of turn. :)

Oh no, no problem at all. Just like Rflong said :)
    I didn't get that you knew I meant Rflong, but now I totally understand. And I absolutely do appreciate your opinion! I am in doubt about the Carousel, the Bakery and the Boardwalk and maybe the Prism Art Studio :#

Oh no, no problem at all. Just like Rflong said :)
    I didn't get that you knew I meant Rflong, but now I totally understand. And I absolutely do appreciate your opinion! I am in doubt about the Carousel, the Bakery and the Boardwalk and maybe the Prism Art Studio :#

I like the Prism Studio because it adds more jewelry to wear. The bakery adds another career or two, which I like, too.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    I like the Prism Studio because it adds more jewelry to wear. The bakery adds another career or two, which I like, too.

Oh, now you make me doubt. When I check the gameplay, moodlets and the manual, it is clear that the bakery and the art studio add so much more to the game. But then I should get the Bohemian Garden as well :sweat_smile:
  • stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    Gonna get this world once I have all the store content :)
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • ladybarefeetladybarefeet Posts: 35 Member
    edited February 2018
    I am very sad about this world. IT IS AMAZING and I tried so hard to play in it but sims are constantly stuck, all over town, like 10 at a time, same ones getting stuck every 5 minutes or so. They also SWIM clear across the ocean to go to work. Cant get them to take a boat.
    Even installing subways on the island did not help, they still swim.
    All of these stuck sims cause the game to lag even with Overwatch... it resets them but they just get stuck again.

What can be done so that I can enjoy that brilliant world? I was trying to get help on the Nraas webpage but even they couldnt help me fix all the routing issues. It crashes and us unplayable, this is even without custom content, just mods that work fine in any other world... I will follow this thread in case you upload a version that is playable. You are a fantastic creator, this world, when playable will beat all the worlds that have ever been created for this game.
    Post edited by ladybarefeet on
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited February 2018
    I am very sad about this world. IT IS AMAZING and I tried so hard to play in it but sims are constantly stuck, all over town, like 10 at a time, same ones getting stuck every 5 minutes or so. They also SWIM clear across the ocean to go to work. Cant get them to take a boat.
    Even installing subways on the island did not help, they still swim.
    All of these stuck sims cause the game to lag even with Overwatch... it resets them but they just get stuck again.

What can be done so that I can enjoy that brilliant world? I was trying to get help on the Nraas webpage but even they couldnt help me fix all the routing issues. It crashes and us unplayable, this is even without custom content, just mods that work fine in any other world... I will follow this thread in case you upload a version that is playable. You are a fantastic creator, this world, when playable will beat all the worlds that have ever been created for this game.

Hi =]

I'm So sorry you're having problems. I have no idea why your Sims want to swim instead of taking a boat taxi or their own boats. That's never happened to me.

I don't know what Sims are getting Stuck. I don't know where. And I've never had more than a few get stuck- which will happen in any world.

Do you have all the Expansions? Do you have all the Store Stuff used in this world? Is your computer optimized to run TS3 and a huge world.

Without more information on where and who - player Sims or NPCs or Townies- are getting stuck, I can't help.

NRaas site can't help you with a world they didn't make. They can help with their wonderful mods. =]
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Rflong - I still play this world when I play Sims 3 - and I don't have these issues. I have a feeling that simmers people are getting stuck in areas where they are missing content the world has in it - and that is why they get stuck. As we both know I own the whole store and all packs - and why I am not having any issues in this world.

Just thought I should mention that it plays beautifully as always if you have all the content it was built with.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

I really need to play in this world. I'm not sure I ever have. It's in my game (I think, or at least it used to be). I'm going to play it tonight, if I can. I'd love to take Cid Severus to a new home and have him explore. :) At least he won't run into his alter ego, Cid the Fairy. ;) I think I have all store content, so I'll let you know if I have issues, but I'm sure it'll run well.

40230306492_c94b9a56e9_h.jpg
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    @Writin_Reg Hi and Thanks! :mrgreen:
    I know it does have some routing issues- with so much water in a huge world, but I don't know why their Sim isn't using the water taxis. It sounds so strange.

@lovesstorms Hi :mrgreen: Lol! Love the pictures of seeing heir alter ego. :lol:
    There will always be some problems in all the world... or maybe just my large worlds. :blush:
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Rflong7 -I've got a new game started in the empty version of Beach City and am still setting the town up.
    Here's a few pictures of the town below.
    Beach City Exploration.
    Here's chossing my town to start a new game in.
    26425535399_0c66f8ae41_c.jpg
    It looks like the town center and one of the lot nearby is to get city hall built on it and I'll be using rabbit hole rugs again.
    24349693668_291fbda8a1_c.jpg
    It looks like a rural district ie here.
    37491625174_f97e49be3b_c.jpg
    This town would require awsomemod to be installed just to disable automated school assignments as it's a very large town and students in far flung areas would have routing fails trying to just get to school.
    37491621594_b7c2c19725_c.jpg
    It looks like I'll be building a lot of the rabbit hole shells and using the rugs here.I'll have to settle and build the town up slowly over the generations.I would advise awsomemod to disable the automated school assignments as those can make a royal mess of the world's routing if it's only got one school rabbit hole location.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Hi :)

The link doesn't; link anymore because it's from the old forums

A. Little Chickie Boat not placed-Solution Here *fixed in Save :(
    @06Bon06 wrote: »
    Hi :)

The link doesn't; link anymore because it's from the old forums

A. Little Chickie Boat not placed-Solution Here *fixed in Save :(

Hi :mrgreen:

It's the save file that has it fixed. I really should fix it but it's so hard to get it resetup and exported, I just gave up and fixed it there. :(

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lbjz0w8e0z1f8i2/Beach_City_Save.zip

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top