Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Multiple issues with newly set up store account

So, I think I'll dive right in:

I recently set up a full store account (with the help of EA as I'd had trouble registering my game). Another user on this forum searched up my username on TheSims3.com, and came up with no results. Sending him a friend request was the only way the two of us could access each others' pages.

Later on, he also gifted me several items, but I received no notifications whatsoever. My gifts list (the gift box in the top right) showed up totally empty. When I told him about this, he provided me the links to the items he'd gifted me, and that was the only way I could download them.

And last but not least, there's this.
zaNF8x1.png

Any help on this issue would be much appreciated, thank you in advance :>

Comments

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    I can't help with your last issue but I can tell you how to look up other members on the old TS3 site. I first go to the "My Page" wall and then I will go up to where the web address is : https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/lisasc360 and then I will click on it until just my name is highlighted in blue. I will then type in the member's name that I'm looking for and hit enter and it should take you to their page.... :)

I should also say that when someone gifts you directly from your wishlist, it doesn't work all of the time. So what my friend did when she tried to gift me something is that she went to the product page and then she clicked on "Gift this item" which then takes you to the "Gift an item" page. From there, you can type in the member's name that you're trying to gift and hit submit.

This has been really wonky... :)

Hope this helps... :)
  • cocococo Posts: 2,722 Member
    I never receive notifications when I've been gifted. If you go into Store, My Store Account and then Purchase History it will show who sent it, and you can download it from there too.

Not sure what's going on in the picture. As you have already guessed, the site has some issues. On your page, under My Games and My Stuff Packs is everything registered correctly?
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    @coco and @lisasc360 Thanks for your input :) Browsing around these forums, I've seen that I'm not the only one having issues with gifting, and I'm relieved to see that but hope EA fixes it up soon :/

I'm pretty sure everything's been registered correctly (I even got my free Simpoints), so I don't think there's much of an issue with that. What I'm most concerned about at the moment is that I'm not being notified when others send me gifts, and that I can find other members on the site but they can't find me.