Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GIFT OF CREATION GAME *UPDATE!!*

Comments

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Jude525 wrote: »
    LOL, as I was updating my post.....

:lol:
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    Ok, found an interesting tutorial of both the built in frieze option and using CFE. Not only is it very informative, but the examples the guy shows are really beautiful. YouTube vid is here.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    LOL, as I was updating my post.....

I rarely look at my stuff from the ceiling perspective, so not sure it would stop me, but good to know. Especially if it's something I'll be creating for someone else.

It doesn't really matter to me if I'm just playing, but when you're filming a story it stinks. Cornelia at the bottom of the stairs looking up at Agnes, who is at the top of the stairs with trees behind her. :tongue:
    Ok, found an interesting tutorial of both the built in frieze option and using CFE. Not only is it very informative, but the examples the guy shows are really beautiful. YouTube vid is here.

That looks interesting! I am in the middle of a complete reinstall of my store content...yet again. Been needing to install my store content on my laptop, which has the Steam edition of TS3, so my old backups don't work. Anyway, looks like a good vid and will watch it when I'm done with the reinstall.
  • missroxormissroxor Posts: 392 Member
    edited February 2018
    Creator’s Username: missroxor

Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site:
    https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=missroxor

Item Title: Crater Sanctuary

Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item : @Jude525 - Item no 1.

Exchange, Simfileshare.net or Mediafire Link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9192489

Description: Designed to fit in with the brightly coloured and oddly shaped houses that dwell within the crater in Lunar Lakes, this 3 bed, 2 bath home is suitable for up to four adults and two kids. (designed to fit in the empty 20x20 lot in the crater in LL)

Details: There are three different areas of Lunar Lakes which each have their own aesthetic. I went with the crater area where the houses are more “normal” in that upper floors are supported by lower floors and they have gardens with harvestables in. However, they’re full of colour and pattern and a lot of the rooms are odd shapes.

There's not a ton of skill items in this house but I've included bookshelves, a tv, a telescope and a street-art bag. Oh and there's a harvestable garden. The kids room is more appropriate for two girls and the spare room could be for a teenage boy or two adults. Given that there's plants in almost every room and the harvestable garden, a green fingered sim might like this house. That plus the telescope makes this the ideal home for a scientist with an established family :)

Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? No

Do you have CC in your game folder? Yes but only package files, not sims3pack.

Pictures or link to original post where pictures are shared: https://photos.app.goo.gl/tjgEu86kM3xwxEEO2

2v8pws7.jpg

Plan Views
    10zd66p.jpg
    oh4x9v.jpg

Exterior Views
    2m4dklt.jpg
    zk5tlx.jpg

Interior Views
    15dkmk8.jpgLiving Room
    15i24ih.jpgDining Room
    30mpwzb.jpgKitchen
    33y4cc9.jpgBreakfast Nook
    1jki7s.jpgShower Room
    23vkpid.jpgMaaster Bedroom

I just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration. This is not my usual style at all but I had fun with it and instead of using my go-to favourite objects, I used a lot of objects that I didn't even know existed and I've been playing since day 1 :#:D
    Post edited by missroxor on
    @missroxor Welcome to the Gift of Creation game! It's so nice to have a new contestant! Your rank is showing as 'member' so not sure why your links aren't working. Weird.
  • missroxormissroxor Posts: 392 Member
    Now that it's not stupid o'clock I can apparently think well enough to fix my links :D It still won't let me do the type where you change the link text but at least there's a working link! And the images were because I forgot to re-size them (it's been a while since I uploaded here! lol).
  • MerelhynMerelhyn Posts: 370 Member
    @missroxor wow that's beautiful! I love how it all come together despite (or thanks to?) the oddly shaped rooms.
    @missroxor That is really original! Love all the interesting shapes and colors. Nice job. Got your entry posted.
    @missroxor That is great! Another wonderfully original house to play with. I realized as I was looking through it that it would only be fair if I met my own challenge as well this month, so I'll have to get on that this week and see what I come up with. I'm looking forward to using items that I don't usually use as well.
    aka Jude

My Studio

I think even the crickets are busy elsewhere.....
    aka Jude

My Studio

I think even the crickets are busy elsewhere.....

:lol:

Are you working on your LL build? I haven't had time, maybe next month.

And where is @funkeeferret? WE MISS YOU. :)
    I spent today finishing a Photoshop project for Jennifer (@wittanthony1) that was months overdue. Hopefully she likes what I finally got to her. And doesn't mind the horrific delay. Sorry Jennifer. So, on to LL.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    @Jude525 I'm totally not working on a surprise entry because miraculously my game seems to work again, I was just wondering, did you have a budget in mind for a mid-sized building? And if so, would 120k be too much? Just wondering... o:)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • KiearaPhoenixKiearaPhoenix Posts: 212 Member
    Ah thanks everyone! ^_^
    @AlphaFen ; You are most welcome! Dunno if the woodland creatures clean for you buuut I'm sure you can charm Prince Charming into doing it ~_^
    @missroxor ; Oh wow soooo gorgeous! Love the shape and how eclectic yet futuristic it is.
    @Jude525 ooo it has been forever since I've opened up photoshop or somesuch, can't wait to see what the project is.
    @SjappielovePaul ; Yay! Glad you got your game to work again, can't wait to see what you come up with.

Sorry been a bit busy buuuut I should be putting my last submission today in a bit.
    And when the contest is over, I have a few more tiny starters cottage style ~
    edited February 2018
    Creator’s Username: Kiearaphoenix
    Creator Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site:
    Kiearaphoenix Wishlist
    Item Title: Houseship of Hope and the Quintael Family
    Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item:
    @Jude525's #1. Small to mid-size futuristic homes (2 bedroom) for Lunar Landings.
    Exchange Link:
    Linky
    Description:
    My first try at a home with a family...
    Ms. Quintael lost her husband on the trip to colonize Lunar Lakes. Together they wanted to start a big family at the new destination. Now a single mother, she continues to raise their human-hybrid son hoping to somehow extend her family and carry on her husband's dreams. Is he lost in space someday to return? Perhaps he is lost and dead, never to return? The family owns a small dog.

As for the home, I tried to keep it mostly like the main area of Lunar Lakes with pillars. The house was designed to appear as if it's a repurposed spaceship. Like after reaching the destination it was gutted and turned into a home, yet still look as if at any moment it could scuttle away into space again. Even though the exchange says it needs allll those packs, I am sure I only used base game, pets and into the future packs >_>;
    Details:
    2 Bdrm, 2 1/2 Baths, Outdoor pool.
    1st Floor: Enterance
    2nd Floor: Open area of Kitchen/Dining, Livingroom, 1 Bathroom, Study
    3rd Floor: Nursery/kids room, 1 Bdroom, 1 1/2 Bathroom, tiny tiny excersize rm
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? None
    Do you have CC in your game folder? Yes
    Pictures or link to original post where pictures are shared:
    a5391ca20e32950457c11da178df4fb5.png

Overviews & other pics
    Kitchen
    f9010ab991ae5a488622a65fdda40c0d.png
    LvgArea1
    8ae7176759ceac38fafb8f243eda1780.jpg
    LvgArea2
    c1dc3c4c9d53bd3cdaf13e37b3adc011.jpg
    Bedroom
    597d3ab913673fb1c794290741d504e4.jpg
    Nursery/Kids Bdrm
    434aed10d22e3a66e37be13dc5c9aa93.jpg
    1st Floor
    2f374a50b9b90ee3ce4623cb49bc637c.jpg
    2nd Floor
    b004a244796489991f319572a03c5edf.jpg
    3rd Floor
    5f1b91473552a5fe72b5303550d1f544.jpg
    Post edited by KiearaPhoenix on
    @Jude525 She'll like it. You're very creative. James Spader is awesome. Sometimes it's eerie how much he looks like him!

Woo hoo! Sj's gonna sneak one in. :) (Do you ever wonder why EA picked that particular term for ..... woo hoo?)

@KiearaPhoenix How, just how. Amazing.
    Wait just a minute, @KiearaPhoenix IS THAT POOL IN THE SHAPE OF A LLAMA?????!!!!!
    @Zeegee nope but now that you said that, I can't unsee it lol
  • MerelhynMerelhyn Posts: 370 Member
    @KiearaPhoenix I love what you did with the rugs in the living area.
    edited February 2018
    Creator’s Username: SjappielovePaul
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site: Dunno yet :)
    Item Title: Jude's Luau
    Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item: @Jude525 - 2. Mid-size home for Isla Paradiso and Sunlit Tides.
    Exchange, Simfileshare.net or Mediafire Link:
    Jude's Luau
    Description:
    This is the best house you can have if you live on a tropical island. No kidding. As soon as the summer begins you can spend all your time outdoors, but the second winter shows itself this home offers a comfy and cozy place to be. See for your self, and stay chill, peace out.
    Details:
    - Outdoor cooking area (yes, sounds fancy, but I didn't add the stove, so it's just a fridge and a barbeque);
    - Outdoor relaxing area;
    - Swimming pool and outdoor shower;
    - Carport for two cars (the ones on the pictures are not included because CC from Fresh Prince);
    - A little piece of gardening ground reserved on the back of the house;
    - Downstairs; Kitchen, dining room, living room, toilet;
    - Upstairs: 1 Master bedroom, 1 (intended) teen bedroom, 1 bedroom for a kid and a full bathroom (we do need a full one);
    - A terrace, can only be reached through the master bedroom, but hey, it's there;
    - Should be about 105.000 simdollars.

I hope you like the house, I was a bit worried about the colours I used, in some areas it might be too grey and in others too colourful... I also tried my best to make it eclectic, but somehow I just end up making things match each other. I really hope it does give the eclectic vibe despite my non-expertise in this field ;)

Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? No
    Do you have CC in your game folder? Yes, but trusted names.
    Pictures:
    JTHLnC4.jpg

Outdoor:
    QEoMood.jpg

4Ej5tKJ.jpg

UpiSTf8.jpg

cjpCLi8.jpg

Downstairs:
    KTdKz7z.jpg

7vk99uR.jpg

Upstairs:
    - Master Bedroom + terrace:
    eXnadNF.jpg

2FNPxYt.jpg

- (Intended) Teen Bedroom:
    gIgZlHq.jpg

HGuph74.jpg

- Bedroom for a kid:
    8eIQsP3.jpg

- Other:
    HTslLlX.jpg

7XN4KRW.jpg
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
    @SjappielovePaul That is lovely! Such a nice island vibe! Got your entry posted. :smiley:
    edited February 2018
    @SjappielovePaul no, there is no budget for my houses. They are not starters, although they are not necessarily mansions either, given their sizes. But amenities can push the price up and that's no problem. My Sims can earn their way up into them.

@KiearaPhoenix What can I say? I love it. The oranges and yellows of the main floor are great. The concept of living in the ship that got them there is very Lost in Space. (Are you old enough to remember Lost in Space?) I've had ITF turned off for so long, I'd forgotten we had a version of 3D chess.

@SjappielovePaul oh, I guess you didn't wait on the answer to that question :D It's great. Mis-matched chairs always go a long way to make things casual in my book. I love the yellow-washed picnic table. And I'm going to have to try to play at an angle with ceilings more to appreciate the work you put in for them. I do try, but it is just so much easier to just play top, or near that. Sometimes I don't even appreciate my Sims' facial actions because I'm too busy flying through their days. Trying to work on that as well. I almost missed out on the "inner beauty" effect, but I'd read to be on the look out.

I can't believe how spoiled I've been this month! And if I don't manage it before the 28th, I will be posting a couple builds within my requested themes soon to carry my own share of the load.

As for the PS project, it really was no great shakes, I just kept putting it off. It was just some treasure chests in various stages of being open/closed empty/full and in a variety of colors. Nothing much to look at, but important to a game she is building.

4Qgu7Hp.gif?2

It would have been much easier in a drawing app. But I don't have a drawing app, so I muddled through it with PS. The wrong tool for the job, so it took longer than it had to. Especially since I have virtually no experience using shapes in PS and essentially drew most of it line by line, except I somehow managed to draw a circle and cut it in half for the end of the cover. Then skewed the hec7 out of it to get the angle right. I mean, seriously, I think I used the skew tool about 10 times to get the angle just right when I moved the lid from opened to closed. And, now that I look at it, the angle is all wrong when it is open. But, it's done now, except maybe some tweaking if need be after she tries placing them. Lordy I hope the covers don't need to be edited. *grin*

EDIT: and it was a while ago, but I have no idea how I managed to create the locks. I may have lifted them off of some clip art on the web. Cuz I REALLY doubt I drew that.
    aka Jude

My Studio

I was so happy with my game finally working, I didn't dare waiting to post xD I'm glad the budget is no issue! Also, I must admit, I barely look at ceilings myself ;) they're just fancy in pictures. I did intentionaly hide the kiddie bedroom ceiling, there's a little sort of surprise left (or enhance the picture haha, there's a small part of the ceiling on it, but hey the angle was just right!) it might be bit much though, so I would understand if you prefer something slightly easier on the eye.
    pkJ66Kv.png
    edited February 2018
    @SjappielovePaul what do you use to change the preview pics for your Exchange post? I've heard of there being something before, but never followed through on getting it.

As for the kid's ceiling, it'll have to wait a bit, as will a couple other builds. Apparently the content in Showtime is popular. But, I don't currently have it installed. The pack selector I use can't turn it off if it is installed, so I've just had it off my system for a long time. It's about time to put it back on though. Since I'll be playing the adult children from my legacy family I'll be needing it for Giancarlo's music career. It will be Michaela, who is the child of my Simself and an alien abduction, who will be moving to Lunar Lakes. And I think Giulio may end up in either Isla Paradiso, Sunlit Tides, or a custom replacement for Isla from the web that will have the features without the lag.

And, by a bit, I mean tomorrow. The install disc is in my bedroom two flights up and my butt is settled in to this recliner very comfortably after a busy day. So I think tonight's project is a reinstall of Sims 4 to see if the alleged City Living bug fixes will finally kick in for me.

And maybe a quick web search for TS4 mods to fix my two pet peeves with the game. They'll put books down on the floor constantly. Never into their inventory and never on to a table or other surface. And they are constantly leaving the kitchen to wash dishes in another room! Sometimes up a flight of stairs! It just kills me. I finally installed a lavette on the first floor of one apartment to make the process quicker. Oh, and they leave their tablets laying around as well. Even out in the hallway of the apartment. Probably because in 4 it is considered part of the same lot. Ugh, I keep trying to like this game, but it keeps fighting me all the way.

The tablet thing annoys the same way as the dragons in 3. They put them down and then you have to search the lot so that they can use them again. I can't tell you how often I misplace my dragon in 3.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top