Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bald townie sims in my game?!

KeoriKeori Posts: 1,024 Member
so when i installed get together i went to to delete all my CC to start over fresh. after i installed get together i found some of the townies where showing up bald! i tried to fix them when i put the testing cheats true on and click them to edit them in CAS but when i get out of CAS there still bald! So then i went into every household in every town to fix the sims family i made that i gave cc hair to and fixed them from not being bald! Then i went into my sims library folder an deleted the sim that where showing up bald there after i had removed them from the town! after i deleted them there i noticed that the sims i deleted that i created and moved to the library where now showing up as townies but they where not bald.Then i exited out of my game and repaired every game i own of the sims 4 but that still didn't do the trick! should i uninstall every game of the sims 4 and reinstall ? please help a frustrated simmer!

p.s if i click on the sims 4 game an click uninstall i get a pop up saying that all games add ons will be complete removed! if i do that how do i reinstall them if they get complete removed form origin! ???

Comments

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    i wouldnt reinstall for this issue
  • KeoriKeori Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited December 2015
    Thats not much help ......i want to be able to play my game. if you cant help me with my issue please dont post if you cant help me ....
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    the unfortunately the game doesnt swap out cc hair for base and you would need to replace the hair for all outfits for each sim. so either change out hair for all clothing options for each or if its too much work consider moving the sims you play to the library and starting a new game

i personally dont try not to use CC on townies only ones i play with to avoid such headache sorry :(
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited December 2015
    Keori wrote: »
    Thats not much help ......i want to be able to play my game. if you cant help me with my issue please dont post if you cant help me ....

Actually a reinstall through Origin would solve this issue. So ceejay402 was trying to be helpful. The process of reinstalling does not remove your current game files so after the process everything would basically be 'tidied up and sorted out' and is usually bug free for some time allowing you to play happily.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Uninstalling your game also won't remove your packs from origin- it will just uninstall them from your computer.
  • The Great Loli SummonerThe Great Loli Summoner Posts: 325 Member
    edited December 2015
    Strange...Did you start a new game after you got rid of all your CC hairs? because if you started a new game with no CC hair in the mods file this shouldn't be happening.
    Lol this reminds me of that time I had this CC hair, it was this edge master hair for female and like almost every townie had them so I just ended up removing the CC hair :P looked so stupid on old fat ladies.
  • KolikokolitkaKolikokolitka Posts: 178 Member
    Oh my god help me please. I was so annoyed that like every other townie in my game is bald and I gave them hairs. I do have CC but some of them I gave Maxis hair (and clothes). But time to time... their bald... and naked... again. I want to cry. What can I do to stop my townies getting bald and naked (naked = basic underwear)? Please help.
    EA ID: Simkiim (you can find all my Maxis-only builds on Gallery)
    My build previews on this site HERE.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @Kolikokolitka you necro posted, so your question won't be answered. This thread will be closed soon.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Oh my god help me please. I was so annoyed that like every other townie in my game is bald and I gave them hairs. I do have CC but some of them I gave Maxis hair (and clothes). But time to time... their bald... and naked... again. I want to cry. What can I do to stop my townies getting bald and naked (naked = basic underwear)? Please help.

Often with a new patch, CC is turned off until you reenable. Don't save the game in this state. Check for CC updates, reenable CC, and then restart the game.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

Often with a new patch, CC is turned off until you reenable. Don't save the game in this state. Check for CC updates, reenable CC, and then restart the game.

It happens even without a patch or update (and I always check if my mods are on /and restart/ before entering the save). One by one my townie Sims are getting bald and naked :/.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited February 2018
    Does this only happen in one save or multiple ones? Have you checked all your mods to see if they're the most up-to-date they can be? This definitely sounds like a mods/cc conflict somewhere.
    ~ ~ ~
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Does this only happen in one save or multiple ones? Have you checked all your mods to see if they're the most up-to-date they can be? This definitely sounds like a mods/cc conflict somewhere.

I have only one save so I don't know. I suspect MCCC can cause the problem but that is only my guess. I should have all mods up to date (after every patch release I control if the mods/cc are broken or not).
  • Herb405Herb405 Posts: 13 New Member
    Theres a bald 'Hairs' option in Create a sim / CAS.
    Whether I've saved or not, the game is using the bald Hairs option to create townies with bald heads. The bald head option was never there that I can remember in the early days when I first got the game.
    It looks like an isolated glitch which needs a fix.. We shouldn't have to stop or change our entire game saves because of one error that is constantly happening or being generated automatically by the game...