Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is such a shame!

I honestly find it crazy that 1 patch later, EA still hasn't fixed the dark skin tones! After 4 years, we get only 6 new skin tones that aren't ashy and actually represent dark skin sims, just to find out they have these weird 🐸🐸🐸🐸 squiggly lines on them, and they still haven't fixed them! Are you serious? Im honestly so disappointed because i was actually looking forward to finally having my sims have their skin fixed, but nope!
chimera-evil-gif-teen-wolf-Favim.com-3963872.gif
Theo♥

Comments

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    They seem to tend to fix things that have been broken for more than 3+ months(?) The yard sale table for instance has been broken since C&D I think. That was in November last year.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    Isn't it your graphics card? They show up fine for me without any lines.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    They seem to tend to fix things that have been broken for more than 3+ months(?) The yard sale table for instance has been broken since C&D I think. That was in November last year.

That's only 4 months or so. It can take a while; first they have to be able to duplicate the bug on their systems so they can track back in the code and figure out what's causing it before they can actually fix it. And if the cause is related to a different pack (for example C&D) they they have a lot more code to go through to solve the problem. Same thing happened in Sims 3 except it took longer to get official fixes because we got fewer patches so it was left to modders to get things working again.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • InfinitexSimsInfinitexSims Posts: 239 Member
    Toreshinbo wrote: »

No it's not me. There is green patches on the darker skins that came before the patch, and red lines on the darker skins that came with the newer patch. Look closer
    Theo♥
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member

No it's not me. There is green patches on the darker skins that came before the patch, and red lines on the darker skins that came with the newer patch. Look closer

ive definitely never seen any green on the darker tones.

ive definitely never seen any green on the darker tones.

I don't think I've seen any green either.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member

can you post a pic??
  • PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    Same here. I still haven't used them which has been disappointing because I was thrilled to get darker skin tones. Sigh.
  • KolikokolitkaKolikokolitka Posts: 178 Member
    I don't have any green/red lines. I actually LOVE the new skintones.
    EA ID: Simkiim (you can find all my Maxis-only builds on Gallery)
    My build previews on this site HERE.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited February 2018
    I tried putting my graphics on low and saw some barely noticeable patches on the sim's face. I don't think that's what you mean though, so please post a picture.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited February 2018
    Here is how it shows up on my system. My settings are on "High". I've posted two images.

The first image is one of the new darker skins where the marks are fairly obvious (to me, anyway). You could say there's a greenish patch between the eyes, plus a lighter patch on one cheek and some reddish marks:
    skintone-with-marks.png

The second is another darker skin that doesn't have noticeable marks as comparison.
    skintone-okay.png
  • WonderAisWonderAis Posts: 102 Member
    I've noticed the red looking patches in my game too. All we can do is hope they'll fix this soon.
  • SignySigny Posts: 20 Member
    My darker skin toned sims have splotchy faces as well. I think it's a problem that only appears with high end graphics cards, like the fine lines that appear around a sims mouth in CAS. I got around it by finding CC skin tones that I liked.
  • KolikokolitkaKolikokolitka Posts: 178 Member
    I looked at it again and I have these spots as well in the game. But I never noticed.
    EA ID: Simkiim (you can find all my Maxis-only builds on Gallery)
    My build previews on this site HERE.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited February 2018
    It sounds like some people using high end graphics cards are being a bit nit-picky. Even looking at the photos, I do not see what you say is so upsetting. All I notice is a bit of an undertone, but that same redish undertone is on all the skintone shades provided. I personally use a CC default replacement skin that has a purple/blueish undertone as that matches my very light skintone.
    It sounds like some people using high end graphics cards are being a bit nit-picky. Even looking at the photos, I do not see what you say is so upsetting. All I notice is a bit of an undertone, but that same redish undertone is on all the skintone shades provided. I personally use a CC default replacement skin that has a purple/blueish undertone as that matches my very light skintone.

I am not talking about the undertone. There is literally red and green splotches on darker/medium skintones.

Qufauh6.png

ziIJpMz.png

gzTD6Iq.png

DiEcc6T.png

NbZ5jk1.png

h3b16OJ.png

o7b2hGp.png

tAOeVab.png

These are the orginal skintones that came before the patch. The person up there has shown you one of the skintones that came with the new patch.
    Theo♥
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I haven't noticed but I will check this out later this evening. are you sure it isn't shading?? I see the green blotches on the pics above, but is it supposed to be shading?? and do you notice it while playing the sim??
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    It looks like you have cc skin overlay - could that be the problem?
    It looks like you have cc skin overlay - could that be the problem?

No
    Theo♥
    I haven't noticed but I will check this out later this evening. are you sure it isn't shading?? I see the green blotches on the pics above, but is it supposed to be shading?? and do you notice it while playing the sim??

Yes I notice it while playing the sim, and It's not supposed to be shading as i have not seen this in the earlier versions of the game.
    Theo♥
    Ok, well I can see you have a problem with green in your game, however it's not in mine at all. So clearly, at least concerning the green however it got there, it's not a universal problem.
  • unicornsimmer123unicornsimmer123 Posts: 3 New Member
    i don't get the green but sometimes i get red above the nose when i create and play with the sim it doesn't bother me much but it would look better if fixed :/
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    @InfinitexSims

What you still seeing is an undertone on the skin.
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    The skin with the green on it, looks like cc skin. The mouth area, is not how EA mouths look. And you do use cc, so hopefully you will figure it out soon! :)
    The skin with the green on it, looks like cc skin. The mouth area, is not how EA mouths look. And you do use cc, so hopefully you will figure it out soon! :)

It literally only changes the lips, and I took out all my cc to see if it fixes the problems. It doesn't. Nice try trying to blame it on me though!
    Theo♥