Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Patch!

Comments

• klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    Maybe I’m going crazy, but has anyone else noticed new dialogue in their game since the patch? I’ve heard both male and female adult sims saying sentences I’ve never heard before. The Simlish words themselves are familiar, but they seem to be in a completely different sentence arrangement and tone. I could just be imagining things, but I can’t recall ever hearing those snippets of dialogue until after installing the patch. If they are new, I’m very pleasantly surprised. It’s nice to hear new phrases and sentences after hearing the same ones for so long now. :smile:
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I've been preparing for the Jungle Adventures GP, and "Needs No One" sounds like a perfect addition for my Lara Croft! Now I don't have to make her a loner to be able to do what she does, because that trait also makes sims uncomfortable when they're around others for too long, which may be true for introverts like me, but not for her. With this new reward trait I can now create sims that don't need company, but aren't bothered by it either, which I think is great.

As for the other traits, well... Unless I set out to create a magical non-vampire sim that never gets hungry, tired, or dirty for some reason, I'm probably not going to use them. That's a bit of realism I prefer like to keep in my game, but I'm not complaining - the more options, the better, even if I don't need them myself. Can't say much about the other things that were fixed or added either, I wasn't really affected by them most of the time.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    kalaksed wrote: »
    not nearly as important as the rest, but just finished up an incognito party with 3 hosts and 15 guests. saw two new costumes, 'prisoner' (from get to work) and 'bear' (from outdoor retreat). both were doubled up (and had 5 cheerleaders), so hopefully more and i was just unlucky with the costume rolls

...also, the only reason the household got a gold rating was the fact that both parents had already completed the party animal aspiration (still working on it for the three teens, who were the hosts). got both '3 sims drink at one time' and '3 sims play games at one time' and even with 5 sims drinking various mixology drinks and 10 sims playing games (4 don't wake the llama, 4 cards, 2 chess), neither of those got marked as anyone participating in them

Drat. The party bug is back. That is, when multiple sims try to do something at a party "At the same time", (Have 3 sims listen to the stereo/dance/play game at the same time, etc.) the party goal does not fulfill. Confirmed that it's broken again in my game. This bug was around for a while and finally got fixed a patch or two ago, but it's back. Why oh why can't they just squash these bugs for good?

The most annoying thing in the world to me is when a bug is fixed and then re-broken. One step forward, two steps back.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    edited February 2018
    Here I have new bugs at UI
    at simbiology character value meters cant be seen as s look square
    Also see as blank square the buuttons genealogy and stastics

PD: I always re-enable modos and CC to no broke my save
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Hopefully it won't break MC command center.

Haven't you heard? Everything does. That's what happens with mods that are anything other than a chair reskin.

Also, EA has no obligation to make sure their games run with mods. It's one of the things I'll stick up for them on.

That toddler bed is cute though. And free. The best of both worlds!

Of course, tents being in OR but not JA is without a doubt a sneaky move from the Devs to encourage the buying of OR. Most people own OR but it's still pretty low and probably means they'll be pulling similar moves in the future.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • midnitetechmidnitetech Posts: 283 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »

You probably have the More Columns and/or UI Cheats Extension mods? They're both broken and awaiting an update, so remove them from your mods folder for now.
  • midnitetechmidnitetech Posts: 283 Member
    More Columns in CAS has just been updated!
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    edited February 2018
    leo3487 wrote: »

You probably have the More Columns and/or UI Cheats Extension mods? They're both broken and awaiting an update, so remove them from your mods folder for now.

I have both (more colums in the 3 colums flavor)
    I will try temove one or both
    For UI Cheats at leas I still can cheat the needs
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    My Sim kid just saw a monster under the bed even though she has the night light... Gah... did they break it? I don't have any mods...
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    What are the missing things from CAS? When will EA release emergency patch? I'm not updating to get more bugs
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    What are the missing things from CAS? When will EA release emergency patch? I'm not updating to get more bugs

One pair of pants, and one hat.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I've been preparing for the Jungle Adventures GP, and "Needs No One" sounds like a perfect addition for my Lara Croft! Now I don't have to make her a loner to be able to do what she does, because that trait also makes sims uncomfortable when they're around others for too long, which may be true for introverts like me, but not for her. With this new reward trait I can now create sims that don't need company, but aren't bothered by it either, which I think is great.

As for the other traits, well... Unless I set out to create a magical non-vampire sim that never gets hungry, tired, or dirty for some reason, I'm probably not going to use them. That's a bit of realism I prefer like to keep in my game, but I'm not complaining - the more options, the better, even if I don't need them myself. Can't say much about the other things that were fixed or added either, I wasn't really affected by them most of the time.

Like creating a god?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    graventhe wrote: »

One pair of pants, and one hat.

And at least one of those pair of pants you got from having bought a game pack, specifically Parenthood. I think the hat is BG. Now imagine each and every Sim in your games who has these missing items now suddenly no longer has them. Will you take the time to put them all back on them when they're back? I know I wouldn't. Not touching any of my games, modded or otherwise, and not buying anything from them until I at least get the missing content returned. I can generally live with the other bugs more or less, but I draw a line at content I paid for being taken away from me by a game patch of all things. It's the principle of the matter.
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Hopefully it won't break MC command center.

Haven't you heard? Everything does. That's what happens with mods that are anything other than a chair reskin.

Also, EA has no obligation to make sure their games run with mods. It's one of the things I'll stick up for them on.

That toddler bed is cute though. And free. The best of both worlds!

Of course, tents being in OR but not JA is without a doubt a sneaky move from the Devs to encourage the buying of OR. Most people own OR but it's still pretty low and probably means they'll be pulling similar moves in the future.

*slinks off to gurgle gruel* :no_mouth:
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    I was told "new traits" and then discovered it was new reward traits. A part of me thought "cool" cause they've been neglecting that system so hard, so it's nice to see they remembered it's alive.

....This though...? Man, talk about disappointing. The traits sound ridiculously overpowered, ridiculously boring and also like a "balance issue" (can't think of a better word) in the sense that some of these are direct benefits of being a vampire. A Vampire comes with strengths and weaknesses though, whereas these....? These are just "grats, you're amazing now!" and actively defeat huge portions of the gameplay. I like the concept of trading sun vulnerability for no need for bladder or energy* (*theoretically), but I hate magic insta-win buttons that just completely remove one of the little "challenges" of the game.

Here's to hoping they get more creative with future reward traits.

Why not give one that makes your Sim build negative relationships faster via mean interactions?
    Why not give one that reduces bills and increases promotion rate based on your enemy count as a way of motivating people to make enemies and do an "evil" playthrough with an evil sim?
    Why not get a reward trait that reduces the time it takes to compose a song while double music royalties as a method of balancing music out with painting and writing? (since it makes waaaaaaaay less money)
    Why not make a reuseable reward trait that deletes your career history, thus allowing you to go back and change your path choice in exchange for losing all rewards up until that point?

I just feel like sometimes this game is completely lacking in creativity or trying to find ways to support new playstyles via the resources provided, and these "new" reward traits are a great example of that. Heck, they're not even new. They just took existing traits that once reduced a need's depletion by 50% and cranked it up to 11. Heck (again), some of them even DID exist in the form of vampire powers...Are we just copy-pasting features here...?

I agree the traits are boring or like cheats but I think they did it cuz a lot of people were complaining that the never weary one isn't doing what it sounds like. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I'm happy about the trait that will make sims never need to socialize. That is the most annoying need ever.

I wish the made that in TS1 and TS2 so I didn't have to make like 300 Virgos. LOL.
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I'm happy about the trait that will make sims never need to socialize. That is the most annoying need ever.

I wish the made that in TS1 and TS2 so I didn't have to make like 300 Virgos. LOL.

My problem with TS1 was that relationships and needs decayed too fast. You want to be a superstar, magician, and go on a date downtown? Too bad! You've neglected 1000 friends whom you haven't spoken to since 6 hours ago. You'll need them to get ahead in Studio Town.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    One thing I absolutely do not miss from Sims 2 in Sims 4 is the need to make a million friends for promotions. It's bad enough having to make the friends to begin with (and it's harder in Sims 2 to make friends as well) but to have maintain them while battling relationship decay and staying on top of the needs and trying to maintain a normal life was just so much not fun. I love Sims 2 and there is so much about it I would love having in Sims 4 including most of the more challenging aspects about it but the whole needing friends thing is DEFINITELY not one of them.
    ~ ~ ~
    3KNPen wrote: »
    One thing I absolutely do not miss from Sims 2 in Sims 4 is the need to make a million friends for promotions. It's bad enough having to make the friends to begin with (and it's harder in Sims 2 to make friends as well) but to have maintain them while battling relationship decay and staying on top of the needs and trying to maintain a normal life was just so much not fun. I love Sims 2 and there is so much about it I would love having in Sims 4 including most of the more challenging aspects about it but the whole needing friends thing is DEFINITELY not one of them.

SAME. It never made sense to me that you needed to make friends to get promoted, even when I was a kid playing TS2.

"Look, Phil, you've been doing a great job and all, but we can't have a friendless loser overseeing highly technical lab work"
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    Although at least some perks in later expansion packs helped battle relationship decay, like the BFF system and 3-way calling (both from FreeTime, probably as a way to give your sims more free time lol)

I extracted the Parenthood pants and bowler hat as overrides as a workaround until they're restored. I checked, and the game acknowledges the override for sims already wearing those things. You can download them here: https://ufile.io/5pvfg

@paradiseplanet

icmnfrsh wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »

My problem with TS1 was that relationships and needs decayed too fast. You want to be a superstar, magician, and go on a date downtown? Too bad! You've neglected 1000 friends whom you haven't spoken to since 6 hours ago. You'll need them to get ahead in Studio Town.

Yeah, I agree. And it doesn't help that traveling and going back to the home lot will make you go back in time with terrible needs. XD
    FwDXXd5.gif
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I extracted the Parenthood pants and bowler hat as overrides as a workaround until they're restored. I checked, and the game acknowledges the override for sims already wearing those things. You can download them here: https://ufile.io/5pvfg

@paradiseplanet

Thanks! I can have at least some peace of mind now.
    Same here. I didn't want to go through the trouble of putting them back on when they're restored.

• Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »

I wouldn't mind, if going to school/work improved their relationship with their co-workers. And if people actually INTERACTED during parties instead of going to the gaming rig or the microscope or the computer, gosh.

I mean, you know, like it happens with normal people in real life. It's my main issue with Sims 4... shouldn't be that hard to make friends and meet people.