Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nanny doesn't care?

2...Next

Comments

• Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    @Uzone27 that is the saddest, most beautiful nanny story ever!!

My latest Nanny services three of the families in my master save.
    She's every bit as loyal and dedicated as he was...(If not a bit more eccentric)
    She's due to kick the bucket any time now.
    She'll be missed as well.
  • cloudkittysimmercloudkittysimmer Posts: 6 New Member
    My nannies are always super helpful, feeding the baby and potty training the toddler. But also, every time I get one, they're sometimes in weird moods. I've actually had one destroy my dollhouse. (fired him on the spot) When I came home and fired it, it called wanting to come to my house. It doesn't help all of my nannies are always sketchy old men. :)
  • MadGodMadGod Posts: 59 Member
    I used a Nanny once... She ignored my child, started cooking, stopped cooking, and thus set the kitchen on fire. She then demanded I pay her! I'm never hiring one again.
  • jessthesimmerjessthesimmer Posts: 15 Member
    For those of you who don't have City Living, or haven't watched City Living gameplay, your sim(s) can go into their neighborhood like outside and back to their apartment without a loading screen. I hired a nanny for my toddler and he took my toddler outside of the apartment building, sat her down, and left her and went back in the apartment.
  • Lynne50Lynne50 Posts: 1 New Member
    I seem to only have the option of two different nannies (I fire one, the other one can be hired, and vice versa). Both of them ignore the babies, and I have lost two babies to social services WHILE THE NANNY WAS ON DUTY. This didn't used to be a problem, but now it's huge.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Daycare all the way in my households. When I first got the game I hired one (she is still alive in my game AND the only nanny) but she NEVER stayed the whole time my Sims were at work. My Sims were both in the Gaming career and I guess their workday ended after 4 o'clock or so but she always left before either of the parents came home and the kid was sent to daycare in the interrim. But always took her payment.

I did hire her on occasion in the city for Zoe and her live-in alien boyfriend. Mostly when the boyfriend just wanted to go outside onto the intersection to socialize (but wanted to keep the kid upstairs) but the price of the nanny wasn't worth it with only one parent working.
  • WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    I've never had problems since I installed the better nanny mod by littlemssam. Here is the link: http://littlemssam.de/better_nanny/

Also check out the rest of her site! I use TONs of her mods. They are so helpful. :)
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • rpgmom29rpgmom29 Posts: 122 Member
    My sims have a nanny, a butler, and a maid. They have two toddlers. The nanny stands in front of the butler's bed and talks to the bed all day. The sign for simoleons keeps coming up. When my sim got home from work, one of the toddlers was near starving to death. I fired the nanny and got a new one, and the new nanny talks to the bed as well. I tried selling the bed and buying a different bed, but nothing changed.
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    My nanny was spraying under child's bed and talked to bed most of the day. Then she left while my sims were out. This was the worst experience I ever had with nannies. Her traits are family oriented, good and neat.
    I need an option to have live in nanny. I remember years ago nanny left only once I dismiss her, so I had 2 nannies in the house for days.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    I'm not a huge fan of the nannies in this iteration. They develop an obsessive attachment to the family they work for and start asking the child or teen Sims over to their place to hang out. Say, what? If you have room in your household, you could consider creating your own live-in Nanny via CAS. I used to do that in Sims2. That way, you can control them, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/