Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What size home do you prefer?

Comments

• catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Large
    Glitterbu wrote: »
    @catitude5 Just out of curiosity, do you ever use smaller houses for anything or are you someone who only enjoys the larger ones?

Pretty much I like the larger lots, I like more room around it to make other things. The small lots are wall to wall house, can't do anything with the outdoors. My major characters own the larger lots, while the tiny ones go to the background characters. I like 30x40 and over.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Large
    I usually prefer medium but chose large because my current family is on a 40x30 lot because I have a large garden, pool, and outdoor entertaining space. The actual house is probably closer to 30x20.

That's what I'm saying, the house itself doesn't have to be super big.
  • BootiesrusBootiesrus Posts: 11 New Member
    Small
    I prefer tiny for building, since I fell in love with Japanese micro apartments xD but I guess for practicality's(gameplay) sake I prefer medium builds!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Medium
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GlitterbuGlitterbu Posts: 58 Member
    Medium
    Bootiesrus wrote: »
    I prefer tiny for building, since I fell in love with Japanese micro apartments xD but I guess for practicality's(gameplay) sake I prefer medium builds!

Oh that's cool guess it gives you a challenge trying to fit everything into a small space
    s7fTQtj.jpg
  • jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    Medium
    I like medium houses, I like having space but not so much space I can't fill everything. Medium houses are nice for families. I make a few small houses for my friend who adores tiny spaces but personally I don't do small houses much.
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    Small
    I hate how it takes my sims 3 days to walk from one side of a big house to another. So I like playing small, nicely decorated spaces.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    Medium
    I always start out with a standard 3/2 but I usually end up adding a basement for hobbies.
  • TakımSimTakımSim Posts: 5 New Member
    Small
    I like to keep my house as small as possible so I don't spend all my time in the house like I do IRL, lol. I occasionally add that "outdoor lover" trait so I make them go out often. I wish I had places to visit like in the game where I live in real world.
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    Large
    In Sims 4 I prefer larger homes so I don't have to go through waiting screens often. I tend to just put everything there is to do in my home. On Sims 3 however I prefer small to medium homes so that I'm encouraged to go out on the town more often if I want to do something.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • CellardwellerCellardweller Posts: 92 Member
    Small
    I prefer small homes because I can't keep track of my Sims with sprawling layouts, especially those with more than one floor. I also like a good, logical foot traffic flow and furniture layout. Like having the refrigerator, a counter top, then stove for prep so cooking is done with fluidity.
  • unicornsimmer123unicornsimmer123 Posts: 3 New Member
    Large
    i think large because it means it is less likely to glitch your sims in the furniture
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Medium
    Medium is a good size for me. It takes longer for sims to get around in larger homes and smaller homes tend to be outgrown rather quickly due to my play style. I do enjoy the challenge of filling up large homes and fitting stuff into small homes, though.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Medium
    I have several big families, but find the large lots to be almost too big, the 30 x 40 lots seem to work best for me, though it seems like you can do a lot more on the small lots in this game then you could in 3.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • spookyHTMLspookyHTML Posts: 14 New Member
    Medium
    I'm horrific at building to begin with, so that always makes me start off building smaller homes. I always end up expanding though because I'm a big legacy/generations gamer but I end up getting frustrated at the time it takes for a sim to travel from one place to another in a large house.
  • Angel98366Angel98366 Posts: 57 Member
    Medium
    I like small to medium.. typically 3 bedroom
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Medium
    I like a lot of bedrooms and bathrooms but I prefer my house to be medium in size. A few of my rich sims have large house and sometimes it is painful just having them get around the house..LOL
  • SimsoKaitSimsoKait Posts: 19 Member
    Large
    I love building huge homes, to be honest. My favorite projects are the ones where I can express my creativity in hugeeee amounts. It may take a lot of time, but it is so much fun to create a house (typically 5-6 bedrooms) that has so many rooms each with a new color scheme/personality!
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Large
    I voted Large, but Medium or Large are fine for me. I tend to play large families so I need at least a medium size and either expand or move to a larger lot. I'm a horrible builder but I build them based around who I'm playing at the time or I take one I've already made and change it around/adapt it for a new family.
  • laazygnomelaazygnome Posts: 255 Member
    Medium
    Medium sized houses are just right and you can't really go wrong with them.
  • DevinaleDevinale Posts: 209 Member
    Medium
    I'm not sure if my house currently counts as large or medium, I have a large family(6 sims, soon to be 7 or 8) though so it's 2 bathrooms and 4 bedrooms xD
    But I wouldn't say the house is that large, because hey it could have been bigger it has 3 floors with the basement.
    it's on a 20x30 lot.
    I usually just start out with a premade home and then add on rooms as the family expand, and then I just remove it all and build a new house.
    Sometimes I also move out, but I never really got enough money it seemed to afford the house I wanted so this time I just made a new house.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Small
    I like a smallish to medium house on a medium sized lot. I usually need extra space for gardens or science stuff. I really don't like them heavily landscaped because my sims have gardens or rocketships or outdoor painting clubs ect.
    egTcBMc.png
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Small
    Small to medium for me as well. I do enjoy playing on very large lots occasionally (such as my Croft Manor, which costs over 600,000!), but my normal families have more than enough space on 30x30 (or even smaller) lots. More often than not I just don't know what to do with all that space.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Medium
    I would love larger homes but my laptop just can't handle them half the time. But I do love me a nice cozy house that isn't cramped.
  • ysa88ysa88 Posts: 260 Member
    Medium
    Medium. Same irl. I would like a medium sized home on a large piece of land ideally (I can dream from my 1br apartment).
    simblr

ea id: ysa_88