The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cats and Dogs: Issues with breeding

123457...Next

Comments

• calil_spencercalil_spencer Posts: 6 New Member
    Anyway guess there's no real fix for this bug?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,569 Member
    Anyway guess there's no real fix for this bug?

Hello
    You may need to create a new pet in cas and see if the issue also occurs with the new pet.
    > @rosemow said:
    > calil_spencer wrote: »
    >
    > Anyway guess there's no real fix for this bug?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > You may need to create a new pet in cas and see if the issue also occurs with the new pet.

Yeah I was thinking of doing that. I'll try it out and let you know how it goes.
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > You may need to create a new pet in cas and see if the issue also occurs with the new pet.

It worked. :)
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello

It worked. :)

That is good :)
  • ThreelittlestarsThreelittlestars Posts: 1 New Member
    To enable the pets to breed (Cats or dogs) you need to become companions and then the option "Encourage (pets name) to breed with..." will come up. You then choose which pet you would like your pet to breed with and then you need to wait to see if your female pet is pregnant. I hope this helped! :)
  • noona_statusnoona_status Posts: 3 New Member
    I currently have this issue. Our dog will not mate 2 of the dogs I've encouraged her to breed with even though she mated with one earlier in my game. My sim gets the sad moodlet for dog rejecting the breeding action. Someone mentioned it is a bug from visiting the vet which actually does make sense because in an older game she successfully bred with another dog but after the vet visit she rejects that command.
    I currently have this issue. Our dog will not mate 2 of the dogs I've encouraged her to breed with even though she mated with one earlier in my game. My sim gets the sad moodlet for dog rejecting the breeding action. Someone mentioned it is a bug from visiting the vet which actually does make sense because in an older game she successfully bred with another dog but after the vet visit she rejects that command.

Hello
    Some simmers are finding that pets that are from different households will not mate. This AHQ EA thread refers to the issue. It may be the cause of your issue also.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Pets-wont-interact/m-p/6486536#M54794
  • RoxessRoxess Posts: 1 New Member
    Guys I think I found the solution it worked with me. Spay and neuter them and then unspay and un neuter them
    Roxess wrote: »
    Guys I think I found the solution it worked with me. Spay and neuter them and then unspay and un neuter them

Hello
    It is helpful to kmow the workaround that helped you in your game. It was kind of you to post what you have found works :)
  • Felicia_QueensFelicia_Queens Posts: 69 Member
    I had the OPPOSITE problem. My spayed cat somehow gave birth to two kittens. I did NOT want them, hence getting her spayed. Of course they are super cute, and I will place them in another sim home, but this bug is...odd. And I know someone asked if a cat can be pregnant before spaying, but this just isn't possible from what I've seen. I took her to get spayed the first time when she was already pregnant, and the option didn't even exist to have her spayed. Brought her back after giving birth and got her spayed then. Her portrait under relationships even includes spayed as one of her traits, so I know she is. A fix for this bug would be nice. In the meantime, maybe a CC creator can make a fix for it. It doesn't seem to be possible with MCCommander.
    I had the OPPOSITE problem. My spayed cat somehow gave birth to two kittens. I did NOT want them, hence getting her spayed. Of course they are super cute, and I will place them in another sim home, but this bug is...odd. And I know someone asked if a cat can be pregnant before spaying, but this just isn't possible from what I've seen. I took her to get spayed the first time when she was already pregnant, and the option didn't even exist to have her spayed. Brought her back after giving birth and got her spayed then. Her portrait under relationships even includes spayed as one of her traits, so I know she is. A fix for this bug would be nice. In the meantime, maybe a CC creator can make a fix for it. It doesn't seem to be possible with MCCommander.

Hello
    It is helpful for the developers that you posted feedback on the AHQ EA thread about this issue. I will post the link here for other simmers who also may have had this issue occur in their game
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Spayed-cat-gone-into-labor/m-p/6695000#M59991
  • HyunHeeHyunHee Posts: 390 Member
    I was playing around with the Degalto household and I wanted Blue to mate. I notice there were two males dogs in the area so I added them to the house via cheats. I had Blue mate with Jim (Irish Wolfhound) and Jerry (a Keeshond). A few days later blah blah She gave birth to three pups all have the same father (Jerry). I put the pups in a different household and then I made her mate again with the same two males (to see if Jim turns out to be the father this time and I always made her mate with Jim first). She gave birth to twins, all having Jerry as their father again.

Since Jim wasn't fixed I thought maybe he had fertility issues or something. I tried one more time and she gave birth to two pups. I name them Oreo and Bronx Biscuit. When I check their family tree, Oreo's father was Jerry and Bronx's father was Jim. What an interesting glitch. xD

2vc864m.jpg

• feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I am having the same problem. when I first installed it, I had no problems, they would even mate with a stray if both dogs were at least acquainted. now they wont even leave the house to introduce themselves to a stray. So I add the opposite sex in, I always play with a female in the house first. so I bring in a dog. I get the option to mate with, and they do the heart thing, when she is in season, but no puppies. and no kittens.
  • Kiara_kittenKiara_kitten Posts: 52 Member
    > @rustyguitar said:
    > Just got cats and dogs and I dont seem to get the option to "encourage to mate with". I have two dogs, male and female both unrelated and not fixed. Built all relationships to max and I dont have any script mods.
    >
    > Anyone else having trouble?

What i have recently found, is that when i look on the dogs, a dog (or cat, duh)that they know has to be relatively close. Also, the option to "encourage to mate.." shows up in the friendly section.

Hope this is helpful.
    (i didn't really check the date or anything, so, i don't know if you solved it, but i was having the same problem up until a while ago, so...)
    Anyway.
    Goobai
  • Sims4boss_101Sims4boss_101 Posts: 1 New Member
    So apparently if your dogs are a mix of anything like lets just say the male is a Yorkshire terrier and the female is a Golden Retriever, they can't mate due to the breed of the male. The have to be a solid breed, not a mix for either male or female.