Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's a world "type" we don't have yet?

Comments

• Kenneth4484Kenneth4484 Posts: 39 Member
    > @cosmiccc said:
    > I don't think we've had a post apocalyptic setting, but maybe that wouldn't really fit into the sims?

If you want a post apocalyptic world you could rebuild oasis springs, thats what I've done with it.
  • zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    It's been said before I think (here or elsewhere) that Brindleton Bay is based on/inspired by Connecticut. As far as other world types I'd like to see: either a tropical or alpine holiday spot. Switzerland is so beautiful covered in snow, so it would be a good type to consider for a Seasons pack. I'd also really love to see a world based on a region in Africa. Even if it's just a British Colonial-inspired world with a few safari elements.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    zubrowkas wrote: »
    It's been said before I think (here or elsewhere) that Brindleton Bay is based on/inspired by Connecticut. As far as other world types I'd like to see: either a tropical or alpine holiday spot. Switzerland is so beautiful covered in snow, so it would be a good type to consider for a Seasons pack. I'd also really love to see a world based on a region in Africa. Even if it's just a British Colonial-inspired world with a few safari elements.

actually BB is based on New England
    6adMCGP.gif
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    A retirement community for the elderly.
  • simuellesimuelle Posts: 100 Member
    I'd love to see some foreign inspired worlds like Little Italy, Chinatown, Little Tokyo, or K-town? We kind of have that with City Living, but I'd like to see a whole world dedicated to a specific culture or something.
    tumblr; punchella origin id; liujiaxie
    NNePthn.png
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    If we ever get a tropical world I would like to see one inspired by some carribean islands like Jamaica. It could be a mix taking inspiration from multiple countries and putting it together. I would love to see some new harvestables like mangoes, sugarcanes, coconuts, cashews, cocoa, plums etc. These were candy to me as a child lol. And I would also love to see beaches that are swimmable and hotels and resorts too.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • DorketteUniverseDorketteUniverse Posts: 30 Member
    A beach town sounds nice. Also, a Futuristic town where the Alien sims live.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    fairy tell world
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SimonDarkensSimonDarkens Posts: 43 Member
    Some sort of sci-fi upper atmosphere world? The whole town is located above the clouds and other than the lakes there is no ocean. If you reach the edge of the island you can look down the clouds below.

I actually want a very polluted industrial world, where the sky is yellow.
    B)

I will be back.
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    I would love another world with apartment type homes. Perhaps town houses? Oooh, maybe a tropical beach world with condos?
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    First thing that came to mind for me was somewhere like Sunlit Tides or Isla Paradiso.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • BaltiBalti Posts: 34 Member
    I'd like something with a London type look, one with Paris/Vienna/Brussels/Montreal/Quebec type vibe and maybe Italian theme for livable neighborhoods.. Maybe a Prairie ranch type one/rural farm Midwestern one.. I'd like one that has native american north eastern US style with totem poles and lodges.. Maybe even something more Maine like than Brindleton bay... Or perhaps one that's inspired by California around LA and has loads of beaches and cliff sides and hills overlooking the beach and ocean which would have a lovely sunset on one side and downtown city with lots of lights in the nighttime on the other side..
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    simfreaks wrote: »
    I would like some slum environment too. Sloppy grungy looking clothing for my lazy, downtrodden sims. I have sort of managed to create a sloppy environment with a little bit of ingenuity, but the clothing is all too nice and the furnishings are mostly all too nice for this guy. He needs some rickety furniture that looks like he picked it up from the dump pile. Sofas with bad springs and scratched up coffee tables. I also wish the dishes would just pile up around him, maybe a stack of cans to pile against his wall, or wouldn't it be fun to just let him grab a can from the fridge and stack it there himself, as he doesn't mind the slop around him. Bottle cap collections, or maybe he just pounds them into the wall when he's finished with his Barley Ale. Pizza boxes and take out containers to fill his slovenly home. He's the type of guy that would spill something and just throw a towel on top of it rather than clean it up. Rusty plumbing fixtures, piles of clothes that he can change from and skip the washing. Tattered and torn, cut-offs and sloppy food stained shirts with stains under the armpits, worn out shoes with holes. This guy needs a bad mullet and probably should look as though he shaved with an old razor five days ago. His furniture doesn't match, there are stains on the walls and carpet and he's just a complete mess. You get the idea...

I like the sound of this. I already made a couple of lots in neighborhoods in my game that function as parks for homeless people but adding this to it would be awesome. I also want to make trashy sims with mullets & 🐸🐸🐸🐸 'staches working dead end jobs.
    Mels123 wrote: »
    1. A mountainous, forest-y town with water views and transitional or modern homes. Similar to the west coast of the US/Seattle. This would give us the perfect environment to build modern homes while also incorporating the outdoorsy and fitness objects included in stuff packs. Hiking trails, etc. but also the beautiful mountain and water views we’ve seen in other worlds that are so beautiful.
    2. A Paris or Venice-inspired town. Windenberg is German-inspired, but other places in Europe are so different and amazing!
    3. Australian-inspired/tropical. We’ve seen this before in all the other games, so it’s not as exciting to me as the other options. I threw it in because I’ve seen it other places, but a city like Venice would be a thousand times cooler and would still have water and other tropical aspects.

I would love a Seattle/Pacific Northwest style city. They could incorporate that into a pack or patch that adds wolves/werewolves/Sasquach into The Sims 4.

I would also love a European style city. I do like the idea of Paris but also we could get a Athens or Istanbul style city. Also would love Viking age architecture so I can make Mead halls for sims.
  • CellardwellerCellardweller Posts: 92 Member
    I would like a world that allows you to make real duplexes and apartment buildings for more than one family - like the old Apartment Life had. San Myshuno just doesn't do it for me.
  • giveit2megiveit2me Posts: 37 Member
    What's type of world we have now?
    main worlds:
    North American/North American/Empty/North American/North American/North American/North American/North American
    vacation worlds:
    North American/South American

and people want even more american worlds, still not enough (. .?)???!
  • giveit2megiveit2me Posts: 37 Member
    And if answer for question, then:
    historical/mountain/forest/winter-autumn-spring/rain-snow

- Japanese world with forest and mountains, in autumn or spring.
    - Several European worlds, historical, mountains, autumn-winter.
    Ideal for me will be: UK, Netherlands, Iceland, Switzerland, Denmark, Norway, Austria.

I really want more historical Japanese and European building/design options in game.
    Those destinations can add a lot of new kind of work and hobby in game.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    We have yet to receive a truly modern world, even in newcrest the surrounding decorative homes are pretty much the same suburban homes we see in willow creek, I would love to see a real modern world filled with modern homes, modern sites, etc, could possibly come on some sort of fame pack.
  • CarolinaCanCarolinaCan Posts: 116 Member
    under the bridge homeless people life
  • goddessvenusgoddessvenus Posts: 3 New Member
    Ranch! Id love for sims to add an expansion that offers farms that our sims could live/run!
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    A remix of Radiator Springs and Strangetown would be really cool :)

1000?cb=20110521082254
  • LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    Brindleton wrote: »
    A remix of Radiator Springs and Strangetown would be really cool :)

1000?cb=20110521082254

If they ever do cars (not a high priority on my list) and it doesn't come with a world like this they have failed..
    I would still love to have this world tho :love:
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    If we ever get a tropical world I would like to see one inspired by some carribean islands like Jamaica. It could be a mix taking inspiration from multiple countries and putting it together. I would love to see some new harvestables like mangoes, sugarcanes, coconuts, cashews, cocoa, plums etc. These were candy to me as a child lol. And I would also love to see beaches that are swimmable and hotels and resorts too.

Oh, yes. IIRC, so far, the tropical worlds that we've seen in the series have been Polynesian based. Caribbean would be a nice change of pace.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • emilybush8185emilybush8185 Posts: 38 Member
    Mountain type terrain. I can see some lots high, with views over the valley. Old mines to explore, patch in hiking/backpacking as a sport where the sims has to have a tent and whatever in their inventory to qualify for the activity. I don't know, the sims does a good job at blending things and creating an overall theme.
  • EmmaRosewellEmmaRosewell Posts: 2 New Member
    Maybe more campground like homes like Cabins and woodsy areas?
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    A futuristic style would be cool w/a more industrial area in the town and in other parts could have buildings as well as roads that hover above the earth which still offer a lot of green or nature-like scenery.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self