Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, it's been a month since Laundry Day release...

Comments

• the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    I bought Laundry Day, but haven't really played around with the laundry aspect much...
    I haven't really been hooked on the sims recently, I've played with it a bit and I do enjoy it though
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    I bought Laundry Day and yes, I still find enjoyment in doing laundry!
    I enjoy it in general. Some of my households use the laundry feature, some don't. I do wish there was more variety in the machines. I haven't checked around to see if there's any cc versions yet though; if not I'm sure some will pop up eventually.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    @pepperjax1230

I said i was waiting for an ACTUAL eco-living pack that was promised. A majority the stuff pack has NOTHING to do with eco-living, and that is just how i view it. Unfortunately, since the devs are from the silicon valley, i highly doubt they will ever go the eco-living route as I see it while living in the Midwest in fly-over country.
    We weren't promised an eco friendly pack is my point.. It's a laundry pack like everyone wanted minus me because I hate doing laundry in the sims. But I have the pack for the clothes and furniture.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited February 2018
    I bought it but only because I want the clothing and decor. I dont actually want to do laundry at all. I own all of the games content and I will always buy all of the stuff that comes out for sims 4.
  • BooV7227BooV7227 Posts: 282 Member
    edited February 2018
    Other (please explain)
    I haven't bough it yet, may at some point, but seeing as stuff packs rarely go on sale it'll have to be when I finally talk myself into the third of it I'm interested in (build/buy), or when it's in a game pack bundle with another stuff and game pack I do want.
    tCTe03l.png
  • ElectrikdollElectrikdoll Posts: 66 Member
    I didn't buy Laundry Day and wouldn't buy it due to no interest in laundry/missed the mark on eco-living theme
    I generally have no interest in stuff packs for 10 dollars. And since I don't have most of them, laundry day isn't on the top of my list to buy atm. I was super happy when the expansion packs went half off and maybe one day I can catch some of the stuff packs on sale, we shall see. lol
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I bought Laundry Day and no, doing laundry has become such a bore now...
    That's money I'll never get back, as they say.
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I bought Laundry Day, but haven't really played around with the laundry aspect much...
    I wasn't interested in the laundry theme, but bought it because it bothers me if my Sims Collection is incomplete. I have built a laundry room in a lot of my builds, but have only ran a couple loads of laundry. I did have one of my sims upgrade their washer and dryer, but it's pretty "meh" to me in terms of gameplay. :/
  • batmanspiderman1batmanspiderman1 Posts: 8 New Member
    Personally, with eco being chosen, it made sense putting the outdoor laundry but the indoor laundry, not that much. It would've been cool to have things like canning and living without any electricity.
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited February 2018
    I didn't buy Laundry Day and wouldn't buy it due to no interest in laundry/missed the mark on eco-living theme
    I was gifted the pack. While some of the furniture gets used, the main gameplay feature "laundry" was tried only once before the objects being promptly deleted. I am waiting for the actual eco-living type pack that was promised. The CAS items are not the good and too chic looking to me too.
    Its a laundry pack with ways to do eco friendly things it isn't entirely eco friendly. I just think they went overboard on the moodlets for the laundry because they tend to put my sims in extreme danger of dying.
    I've decided the company that makes laundry detergent in the Sims has someone trying to ruin their reputation, he's probably from a competing company or really cares about the environment and wants everyone to wash by hand. This guy throws laughing gas into the detergent, and after the first couple of incidents Sims now all fear becoming too entertained by their clean cloths.

The fact that Sims started dieng doing laundry greatly amused me, I was genuinely laughing about it. Although I know it would frustrate me as well, there is something bizarrely amusing about a guy laughing so hard at his clean undies that he just drops dead.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Would have gotten more use out of more garden stuff like canning and a composter.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited February 2018
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    I was gifted the pack. While some of the furniture gets used, the main gameplay feature "laundry" was tried only once before the objects being promptly deleted. I am waiting for the actual eco-living type pack that was promised. The CAS items are not the good and too chic looking to me too.
    Its a laundry pack with ways to do eco friendly things it isn't entirely eco friendly. I just think they went overboard on the moodlets for the laundry because they tend to put my sims in extreme danger of dying.
    I've decided the company that makes laundry detergent in the Sims has someone trying to ruin their reputation, he's probably from a competing company or really cares about the environment and wants everyone to wash by hand. This guy throws laughing gas into the detergent, and after the first couple of incidents Sims now all fear becoming too entertained by their clean cloths.

The fact that Sims started dieng doing laundry greatly amused me, I was genuinely laughing about it. Although I know it would frustrate me as well, there is something bizarrely amusing about a guy laughing so hard at his clean undies that he just drops dead.
    That doesn't amuse me when I want my sims to be alive. Its a matter of how you play and I don't want my sims wearing clothes after they are washed and dying that isn't how I play.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • TimelordSnowyTimelordSnowy Posts: 41 Member
    I didn't buy Laundry Day but I still would love to purchase so I can have laundry!
    Im like...4 years behind on all things sims 4..But I do want to eventually own any and all the packs for sims 4. This one is def on my list of things I want to get soon though because I *loved* Laundry in sims 3 and I really want it here.
    Please Ping if responding to something I say. I wont see otherwise thank you :)
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    I didn't buy Laundry Day but I still would love to purchase so I can have laundry!
    Ill elaborate.
    I didn't buy the pack, and feel indifferent about getting it. Maybe ill get it on sale, maybe ill just be bored one day... But I definitely wouldn't "love" to get it, but perhaps :)
  • InfinitexSimsInfinitexSims Posts: 239 Member
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    Ill elaborate.
    I didn't buy the pack, and feel indifferent about getting it. Maybe ill get it on sale, maybe ill just be bored one day... But I definitely wouldn't "love" to get it, but perhaps :)

I dont think stuff packs go on sale.
    chimera-evil-gif-teen-wolf-Favim.com-3963872.gif
    Theo♥
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Other (please explain)
    @InfinitexSims

I have gotten a majority of my stuff packs for $5 or less, so they do have the rare sale that includes stuff packs. I got most of stuff packs in 2016 though.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    @InfinitexSims

I have gotten a majority of my stuff packs for $5 or less, so they do have the rare sale that includes stuff packs. I got most of stuff packs in 2016 though.

2016 undoubtedly was a great year for stuff packs in my opinion.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    My sim does laundry once a week. Just like I do in real life. :) The kids are currently staying with their father so I haven't had a chance to introduce them to the joys of laundry. I did forget to have her do laundry one week and every time she entered the bathroom she'd get a dirty surroundings moodlet and it took a while for me figure out that it was the laundry basket. There was a green cloud emanating from it.
  • MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    Other (please explain)
    I bought it the other day, but I'm waiting on my new computer to be delivered to play it.
  • littleconnor12simlittleconnor12sim Posts: 12 New Member
    > @pepperjax1230 said:
    > NorthDakotaGamer wrote: »
    >
    > I was gifted the pack. While some of the furniture gets used, the main gameplay feature "laundry" was tried only once before the objects being promptly deleted. I am waiting for the actual eco-living type pack that was promised. The CAS items are not the good and too chic looking to me too.
    >
    >
    >
    > Its a laundry pack with ways to do eco friendly things it isn't entirely eco friendly. I just think they went overboard on the moodlets for the laundry because they tend to put my sims in extreme danger of dying.

atleast you didnt have you entire household die because of the Laundry pack
  • wakeuprosiwakeuprosi Posts: 41 Member
    I love it! My favorite stuff pack by far!
    B)
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member

That doesn't amuse me when I want my sims to be alive. Its a matter of how you play and I don't want my sims wearing clothes after they are washed and dying that isn't how I play.

It would annoy me too, I just found it funny to read about. :) I maybe should have stressed this part more

• ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Other (please explain)
    It wasn't a concept that I sought out. I voted for other things though I did vote for some of the CAS/BB. I decided to get it because I did like those CAS/BB items, I liked the hipster rustic theme and I am ultimately a realism player. Even as a realism player, I wasn't pushing for laundry but I decided to get the pack and so I am using it.

I've surprised myself by adding laundry to nearly all of my houses ... except on vacation ... no one is doing laundry on vacation in my game. It has meant that I've added some basements or put laundry in the bathrooms or in little nooks. Every house has a different set up and a different laundry routine. Some sims do laundry for the entire house while in other households, everyone does their own. I have not used the clothesline or washtub, admittedly because I don't have any sims who are that dedicated to doing laundry. Maybe I'll get a household wanting a clothesline and washtub at some point, but they'd probably try it and then buy the machines. In a few cases, adding laundry and a finished basement has added space to some houses because I wouldn't have been motivated to do that otherwise.

Eh, I think it is what it is. It's not my favorite concept but I am definitely using the pack. It is better than the TS3 version which was annoying; it's less intrusive. My sims just have some laundry in the game that they do with varying frequency depending on how much time they have. If they are at home on a slow day or evening? They might run some laundry in the background. Some of them run laundry overnight and then get it out in the morning.The CAS and BB items have shown up in my various households. I'll admit that it is fun to see several of my sims in nice outfits that I voted for. The fluffy top, the hippie dress, the pants and the men's clothes were all things I wanted as well as some of the decor.

I'd like to see other more exciting concepts in the game, but the jungle pack shows that we may see more like that. They can go adventuring and then they can come home to a pile of laundry, if a player wants. It's not a central focus of my game but it is there in the background for most of my sims.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • mir0163mir0163 Posts: 2 New Member
    I really, REALLY want to be able to empty a laundry basket into a character's inventory. I'm doing laundry day with city living and have a laundromat for them to use, since the apartments are prebuilt things and I didn't want to mess around with making room. Besides, part of being in the big city is going down the street to do laundry. For slobs, who throw clothes on the floor this isn't a problem, but once someone puts clothes in the hamper, I can't get them out to wash them. I know they didn't create a laundromat, but wanted people to be able to simulate them. So how do we simulate having a laundromat without a way to get the laundry out of the building? Anyone found a simple way around this?
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited February 2018
    @mir0163 I haven't tried to do laundry off-lot yet in a laundromat situation, but I'm guessing this might work. Have your Sim click on the hamper to 'wash clothes' or 'put clothes in washer' or 'do laundry', can't remember exactly what it says. After they put the clothes in the washer, don't start the washer. Click on the washer and I believe there is an option to 'put clothes in inventory' from the machine, probably washtub too.

Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe I've seen that option available for your Sims.

Anyway, I haven't used the actual laundry aspect of this pack lately because of the way too strong playful moodlet Sims get from 'warm & dry' clothes. I saw in another thread Devs know about it though, so hopefully a fix will come soon.

The animation they get no matter the condition of the clothes they're wearing is rather annoying too. Why would they pick at/brush off themselves and say, "Bah," with a disgusted look on their faces over clean/pristine and/or warm and dry clothes? It's not really that big of a deal, I've come to ignore it, mostly. But I still wonder why there isn't a different animation for each laundered state.

For instance, for pristine, maybe they could adjust a collar, smooth down a skirt and look proud/confident or something. If the clothes are damp or used I could see the other animation working though. Just a thought...

In the meanwhile, I do still enjoy this pack for the CAS items and the BB objects. Incidentally, I did vote for 'Off the Grid' and wish that had won, but desptie that, I like this pack. :)