Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Other Vacation Worlds

I'd ideally like to see at least 4-5 different vacation spots before Sims 4 ends. We've got Granite Falls, and the jungle world (can't remember name atm).

I think it would be cool to have a water park/amusement park world. This world would rent out hotel rooms, similar to apartments but on a night basis rather than weekly. I have plenty of fond memories of waterparks, and while I'm not really one for rollercoasters/crazy rides, I'd love for our sims to be able to do that. Maybe we could even buy day passes to the park so we could go for the afternoon.

Another one I'd like is a ski resort. Ideally this would be included with seasons, but I doubt it. It would require snow, so without seasons I guess it'd be artificial?? Maybe a snow machine could be exclusive with it. Because skiing requires snow, and so would other activities I imagine would come with it, this world probably wouldn't work too well without seasons.

Another idea is if seasons was also installed, the prices of all vacation spots would change. For example winter would call for a price increase in our jungle world, because sims are wanting to get away from the cold. But Granite Falls prices would go down because who wants to camp in sub zero temperatures?

What other places do you want to see? I imagine tropical will get a lot of mentions, I see it quite a lot. :)

Comments

• AdanethAdaneth Posts: 45 Member
    I like the idea with the waterpark and the hotel rooms. They could function similar to apartments!

One vacation spot I would really like to see is a Venice inspired one - with canals instead of streets where Sims can do romantic gondola rides and with carneval masks they can purchase or collect. Another one would be a rural Japan inspired one, where Sims can stay in ryokans and sleep on futons, eat traditional snacks like mochi and gaze in amazement at cherry blossoms. There could also be a shrine they could visit and maybe we could see a return of martial arts? :) Everything would go with beautiful buy/build items (including koi ponds, tatami mats, a hot spring? doubt the last one because of the hot tub from perfect patio stuff) and traditional inspired clothes and hairstyles with flowers :)
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Adaneth wrote: »
    I like the idea with the waterpark and the hotel rooms. They could function similar to apartments!

One vacation spot I would really like to see is a Venice inspired one - with canals instead of streets where Sims can do romantic gondola rides and with carneval masks they can purchase or collect. Another one would be a rural Japan inspired one, where Sims can stay in ryokans and sleep on futons, eat traditional snacks like mochi and gaze in amazement at cherry blossoms. There could also be a shrine they could visit and maybe we could see a return of martial arts? :) Everything would go with beautiful buy/build items (including koi ponds, tatami mats, a hot spring? doubt the last one because of the hot tub from perfect patio stuff) and traditional inspired clothes and hairstyles with flowers :)

Ooh I love those ideas, especially the Venice one! I've always wanted to go to Italy. The idea of a hot spring would be cool for a Japanese world. Mochi would be good too, I had it once when I was younger, it's so yummy.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Like the Waterpark/Amusement Park Idea plus A Tropical Beach location is needed were sims can swim in the ocean and have beach activities.

Also a Honeymoon Destination World is needed with romantic inns.
  • nayruslove7nayruslove7 Posts: 108 Member
    I need a tropical destination/resort type world. I would like for there to be hotels and a special honeymoon suite!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I need a tropical destination/resort type world. I would like for there to be hotels and a special honeymoon suite!

When JA drops, take your newlyweds to the jungle for a little treasure hunting (weddings can be expensive) and when he gets cursed, she can take the treasures, meet Tarsim of the jungle and live happily ever after in his jungle tree house.
  • nayruslove7nayruslove7 Posts: 108 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

When JA drops, take your newlyweds to the jungle for a little treasure hunting (weddings can be expensive) and when he gets cursed, she can take the treasures, meet Tarsim of the jungle and live happily ever after in his jungle tree house.

Hahaha great idea
  • Minty1992Minty1992 Posts: 616 Member
    I like the water park idea. I think it would be good to have something similar to Disneyland, as in, the fact that sims 4 worlds are split into neighbourhoods and Disneyland is similarly split into different areas, I'm not saying it has to be the exact same as Disneyland but I just think an big amusement park with a resort would be fun, you could have a water park/marine neighbourhood, an amusement park neighbourhood, and a resort/golf course neighbourhood, it would also be family friendly with mascots like the freezer bunny, I just feel that Granite Falls and the jungle adventure are aimed at older sims, I don't really see any of my child sims wanting to visit them but I think they would be excited for a something like this.

Also I would love for a beachside resort or sandy get away, with the ability to swim in the ocean and maybe bring back sailing boats and row boats from sims 3. You could add in swimming with dolphins and shark cages, be able to build sandcastles, make hammocks, collect seashells. And like Go to work where you can own a clothes shop, you should be able to buy and run a resort or B&B.

I also think a safari world would be a lot of fun. Of course they would have to make vechiles so you could tour the area. It would be good to have animals as well - zebras, lions, giraffes, elephants, even if they were NPC and not playable, this would make the vet job introduced in pets more exciting if you had a chance to look after these animals as well. Maybe also the option to start a safari lot or zoo in your home neighbourhood.

I Just think looking back on the previous games and what options we had (Sims 1 Vacations – Winter Wonderland, National Park, Sunset Beach. Sims 2 Bon Voyage - Tropical Island, Mountain Campsite, Far East. Sims 3 World Adventures - Shang Simila, Champs Les Sims and Al Simhara, Sims 3 Island Paradise. Sims 3 Store - Monte Vista, Sunlit Tides) it just seems that we haven't been given much of an option from EA so far.
    cropped-title-screen-1.png
    My Disney Legacy!

• Minty1992Minty1992 Posts: 616 Member
    Also in a seaside vaction they could bring back the wave machine from the sims 3 store and our sims could go surfing.
    cropped-title-screen-1.png
    My Disney Legacy!

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I still really want to see a cruise ship holiday.
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    I would love to see some sort of fun fair with a Ferris Wheel, rollercoaster and booth games. A ski/snow resort would be wicked to have! They could go ice skating and skiing, put toddlers in sleighs and pull them along...we could build Santa's Grotto!!!! Even a nice tropical beach resort would be nice and the sims could go swim in the sea!
    What would be cool would be after a sim gets married a little pop-up shows asking if you would like to take your sims on a honeymoon they could go to these places!!!
  • aria34556aria34556 Posts: 26 Member
    I vote Risa the pleasure planet.
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    Ditto!
  • BaltiBalti Posts: 34 Member
    This is what I have posted in a few other threads regarding destination packs:

"Other than a Werewolf GP similar to the vampire one we got and one with Witches (+ carnivals, astrology, fortune tellers & curses),
    Seasons EP, University EP, some kind of hotel managing tropical & alpine pack with snorkling and diving/skiing and snowboarding,
    and maybe even a UK inspired GP/EP centered around modern Royalty, I just want loads of destination worlds for travelling and adventuring sims.

I'd absolutely LOOOVE a Tibet/Nepal Adventure destination world with snowy mountains..
    Exotic temples with monks and snow storms that keep you inside ( unless you want to die by getting stuck in snow or something or maybe stumble upon the rare Yeti ) and you could spend your time learning Kung Fu or meditating :D
    I'd 100% prefer this over a regular China/Japan/Korea/Mongolia/Thailand vacation or whatever.. This is the one I want the most more than any other destination pack <3

Also I'd really really like to have a UAE/Istanbul Middle Eastern Arabian inspired one.. With desert adventures on camels, camping under the starts in bedouin tents, belly dancing and spice/perfume/carpet markets etc and some exotic architecture! Maybe you could stumble upon magic lamps and genies if you were lucky.

I'd also really like to have back the Egyptian Adventure destination.. I never played Sims 3 and I love Egypt. Pyramid exploration, tombs, curses and archaeology!!

Ooooh and I'd definitely love a Venice destination focused on culture and like ballet/opera/theater/renaissance art and perhaps with it's own masquerade festival or ball :D Maybe they could include a historian/merchant career or perhaps opera-singing/ballet-dancing/acting/sculpturing/perfumery skills. Or tailoring and luxurious fabric shops. Hmm.. Or antique auctions! Lot's of possibilities.

I also wouldn't mind a tropical volcanic tiki island destination maybe inspired by Hawaii or something with beaches and natives that worship the volcano god, but I'm not as interested in this as the other ones now that we have Jungle Adventure and it would be somewhat similar world.

Maybe an Australian outback adventure world could have some potential with exotic and dangerous animals and maybe a career as a zoologist or poison/reptile collector. At least the nature would be a bit different..

Another post also gave me the idea of a Prairie type destination with maybe a horse ranch and cowboys and some native american indian aesthetics or influences.. hmm.. definitely could be cool with some north american wildlife too.. And I don't know if it would fit in with the prairie/cowboy theme, but I really want totem poles!!"
  • ChicherinoChicherino Posts: 118 Member
    edited March 2018
    EA_Lanna: Merged thread in here as it fits in nicely with this:
    I think it would be cool to have a water park/amusement park world. This world would rent out hotel rooms, similar to apartments but on a night basis rather than weekly. I have plenty of fond memories of waterparks, and while I'm not really one for rollercoasters/crazy rides, I'd love for our sims to be able to do that. Maybe we could even buy day passes to the park so we could go for the afternoon.

In the Sims 1 Makin' Magic expansion pack, we had a world (back then known as a "sub-neighborhood") called Magic Town. It was basically this giant amusement park with different themed rides, as well as carnival games for your Sims to enjoy! And, as the name implied, you could learn magic tricks and spells!
    Now, wouldn't it be cool if we had something like that in TS4? :smiley:

I just want to give my own two cents as to how they could be done.

So, here are a few ideas:
    • In our Amusement Park world, perhaps each individual lot can have its own ride, while in between are all the food stalls, gift shops and whatnot
    • Certain rides can make Sims sick, depending on their traits, emotions, and hunger bar. Perhaps said rides could cause bladder failures as well!
    • Energized Sims do better at carnival games, as well as gain athletic skill from certain ones (mechanical bull riding, anyone?)
    • The Amusement Park would be a destination world in which you could stay at campgrounds, and possibly resorts that work similarly to City Living's apartments.

And that's what I've got so far. If anyone else has ideas, I'd love to hear them!
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on