Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• Options
    gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    @BryonyRae thank you for that information, but here is the weird thing.... 3 of my old builds (2 to 3 years old) that previously did not have original by "name" now do. I won't bother you more on this as I now you are busy testing the new patch.
  • Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited February 2018
    Nectere wrote: »
    sawdust wrote: »
    Another handy thing would be to store herbal plants in the fridge so my Sim doesn't have to fill up his inventory with plants I don't want in the fertilizer list.

I stash those in the handy chests located under storage misc - "The Ornate Beauty" and "Buyer Beware" and since there is no animation associated, you can easily size them down and stash them anywhere. (you only need one that I am aware of, no idea what the limit is)

So do I but when you want to make a remedy you have to remove them to your inventory. If they were in the fridge my Sim could just cook like he does meals.

And speaking of those storage chests ... it would be nice if they had a "take all" action @BryonyRae
  • Options
    Moon_Simmer92Moon_Simmer92 Posts: 29 Member
    Up to 6 floors at least. I need to create the trailer stacks from Ready Player One.
    My Favourite Sims Games:1. The Sims 42. The Sims 3 (PC)3. The Sims Medieval4. The Sims 2
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    We have two identical agave plants now in the catalog, one with the jungle icon "Agave" and one without "Agave Plant". The Jungle Adventure one has two swatches, one of which is identical to the base game "Agave Plant"

iUw0xLh.png

The "Small Agave" is a duplicate of "The Oslo Succulent" and the "Ground Fern" is a duplicate of the "Small Forest Fern" - both are just slightly different shades of green.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    Stephzor93Stephzor93 Posts: 10 New Member
    Thanks @BryonyRae, I ended up just going with a half wall, looks alright. Another question now though, when I place stairs next to a wall any exterior trim I had placed disappears, I've read that it's a bug. Are there any work arounds for that? Will it be fixed?

Thanks! :)
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    @Stephzor93 yep, that's a bug we're tracking here (please click "Me Too" if you haven't already). The only work around is to place your stairs at least one tile away from a section of exterior wall or to place wall décor on the exterior that may disguise the problem (such as wall ivy). I certainly hope it will be fixed!
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    @Nectere there is actually a color variation between all versions of the plants. It's difficult to see outdoors though; try placing both plants indoors under the same lighting with each palette option, and you will see it. The devs do duplicate objects and apply new colors to them for new packs, so it's not a bug.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    Some fixes/changes for us in today's (3/8/18) patch:
    • You can now "Set Front Door" on elevated entries (2nd story and up).
    • "Save As" should no longer overwrite files / change save names.
    • Bars can now be found in the Creative sort under Activities and Skills
    • The Run Run Runnerway table will now properly change color as you choose different swatches.
    • Sims can now load clothes into their washer and dryer even if there is a shelf above the object.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    The "Round Selvadoradian Dining Table" suffers the same fate as the Laundry Day "Dinner's On! by Cockery Kitchen" where sims are unable to clean up plates from the table while seated.

Also I am getting some bleed through of shadows from objects on a flat roof being projected into a room below - I checked and the ceiling and floor is both there. There are no gaps anywhere.
    Initially the slats are half in half out, I have pushed them out to just touch the wall instead of the snapping - they still have shadows from above so I have no idea.
    68TIcfb.pngCSJTvEM.png
    qWOzK6o.png
    Post edited by Nectere on
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    edited March 2018
    Hey all just wanted to let you know that with the this patch EA unlocked 3 Walls and 4 Floors. You can see them all in a room that I shared a while back here: Hidden Walls and Floors
  • Options
    EllocaitEllocait Posts: 6 New Member
    One of my favorite things about the sims is building homes and decorating them. But one of the biggest bummers is the wallpaper selection, they're all so dated and I feel like the same patterns have just been recycled from previous sims generations. My question is, why haven't the developers tried to update their home interior game? Why isn't there a wider selection of more current types of wallpaper? Like West Elm inspired kind of patterns? There's just not enough variety (for me at least) of good wallpapers and paints to choose from to decorate a home. I usually paint all of my walls white because I don't like a majority of the options given and fill the walls with decorations and plants to make the rooms look more colorful.

AND THE WINDOWS. My goodness it's real difficult to find matching MODERN looking windows. I wish there were more windows that were along the style of the Bonjour Soleil Arch window in Get To Work. I love that window specifically but there is absolutely no other window to match it. I agree with being able to put more than one window on a wall segment too or make windows that can span multiple floors like in the sims 3. I'm okay with most of the window options in game but it would be nice if there were some more options that were up to speed with current trends....because as a millennial I like to design homes I love that I've seen online or on tv and live vicariously through my sims homes since I can't afford one in the real market LOL. LIFE OF A STARVING ARTIST.
  • Options
    Are bees supposed to swarm inside a dwelling?
    maivLQE.png
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    @Nectere added the table to the thread for the Laundry stuff table. The devs were tweeting about it on Twitter, so I let them know about it there as well. As for the shadows you're seeing, could you either give me information/screen shots of the structure of the build or upload a test version of it? I put together a quick structure in my game but did not see that effect. However, I have no idea if my structure resembles yours at this point. I doubt that bees should swarm inside. There is a thread for issues with birds flying in apartments, and I wonder if your issue is similar. If you read the thread, and it's the same sort of behavior/conditions, I would suggest that you post about this there. If it seems quite different, a new thread is probably in order.
  • Options
    Ah, that's good news @Kementari! Thank you for letting us know. :)
  • Options
    @Ellocait I can empathize! I really miss the CAST system from TS3 for this very reason; we had more pattern options than we knew what to do with! As for modern windows, it's true that there aren't many curved/rounded options right now, and we can only hope for more styles to be added in the future. However, overall, I do think there are a lot of good options for modern windows in the game.
  • Options
    mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    Not sure if this is mentioned but I desperately need auto roofs, please be kind to those of us who barely get by when building homes lol. I found a blueprint that was perfect for my legacy family, a one floor house. I built it! Can't believe it! :D Then I got to the roof and I'm like "now what" :D Well.... guess it's going to be a flat roof house :p
  • Options
    @mommy19959699 check out this tutorial I did. It might help in case you never get auto rooves.
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    > @mommy19959699 said:
    > Not sure if this is mentioned but I desperately need auto roofs, please be kind to those of us who barely get by when building homes lol. I found a blueprint that was perfect for my legacy family, a one floor house. I built it! Can't believe it! :D Then I got to the roof and I'm like "now what" :D Well.... guess it's going to be a flat roof house :p

I bet if you put your house one the Gallery with the heading Roof Please or Roof Me and explicitly gave re-upload permission for roof edit only, builders would likely be more than happy to oblige and you would have a lot of roofs to choose from. de-construct and reconstruct them and then you will understand how they were made. (six to 20 roofs depending on the build is not uncommon) I build my rooms and interior space first most of the time unless I've already done a grid pattern so its completely normal for me to get to the end of a build and think, hmm this will be interesting to roof!
  • Options
    > @mommy19959699 said:
    > Not sure if this is mentioned but I desperately need auto roofs, please be kind to those of us who barely get by when building homes lol. I found a blueprint that was perfect for my legacy family, a one floor house. I built it! Can't believe it! :D Then I got to the roof and I'm like "now what" :D Well.... guess it's going to be a flat roof house :p

I bet if you put your house one the Gallery with the heading Roof Please or Roof Me and explicitly gave re-upload permission for roof edit only, builders would likely be more than happy to oblige and you would have a lot of roofs to choose from. de-construct and reconstruct them and then you will understand how they were made. (six to 20 roofs depending on the build is not uncommon) I build my rooms and interior space first most of the time unless I've already done a grid pattern so its completely normal for me to get to the end of a build and think, hmm this will be interesting to roof!

That's a good idea. Idk I might, thanks for the suggestion :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @mommy19959699 check out this tutorial I did. It might help in case you never get auto rooves.

Okay, will do, thanks :-)

Edit: Bookmarking it and giving it a try, nice and simple tutorial ♥
  • Options

Hope it helps. As @JojoMOMSTER said, I'd be happy to help put a roof on for you. :)
  • Options

Hope it helps. As @JojoMOMSTER said, I'd be happy to help put a roof on for you. :)

Oh I really do appreciate that :-) but I think this is something I really need to learn and your tutorial will help tons. The outcome on this house wasn't too bad but I definitely need to practice lol. Thank you both.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    @Nectere added the table to the thread for the Laundry stuff table. The devs were tweeting about it on Twitter, so I let them know about it there as well. As for the shadows you're seeing, could you either give me information/screen shots of the structure of the build or upload a test version of it? I put together a quick structure in my game but did not see that effect. However, I have no idea if my structure resembles yours at this point. I doubt that bees should swarm inside. There is a thread for issues with birds flying in apartments, and I wonder if your issue is similar. If you read the thread, and it's the same sort of behavior/conditions, I would suggest that you post about this there. If it seems quite different, a new thread is probably in order.

The birds issue seems like their spawn points are available to launch on/in buildable lots. The bees are an event, so far he has gotten both bees and spiders inside the dwelling. There are also no lot traits set. (that would spawn bugs) So, I have no idea really it may be working as intended. I'll see if I can find out on twitter.

The dwelling with the shadow issues is on the Gallery under the name Jungle Glamping and was placed at the trailhead. During both sunrise and sunset the shadows can be seen cast on the slats (which are under the roof) prominently. Its as if the roof/ceiling isnt there or the slats think they are a floor - but it still doesnt reason why they are getting shadows when they are well under the roof. To be clear, this is inside looking out.
    XUHXEVE.png
    Post edited by Nectere on
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    One more thing, there is a wallpaper called Newspaper01SGLow Placeholder Name - its the first one on wallpapers
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    Nectere wrote: »
    One more thing, there is a wallpaper called Newspaper01SGLow Placeholder Name - its the first one on wallpapers

It's from the new sims 4 app I think.