Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Out of curiosity, would you buy a new computer just to play The Sims?

167891012...Next

Comments

• KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    Yes
    Thinking about the given question I suddenly realise that my only reason for a new PC has always been The Sims. :D

As a kid I begged my parents for a new PC when The Sims 2 was released - and as fulltime working adult I bought a 1000 € PC just for The Sims 4. Might sound unreasonable but I agree with @Erpe : Things are different when you are older and earning more money than you spend on your everyday-life.

Now that I'm studying again, my income is much smaller and that's why I wouldn't be able to buy a new PC just for fun. So I can understand both sides - and honestly, I really miss the money.
  • 2tcn2tcn Posts: 58 Member
    No
    Short answer: no.
    Long answer: Chances are, if my PC cannot handle Sims, I'd need to upgrade anyway. I would not buy a new PC for The Sims alone, but if the majority of my games are unplayable due to my hardware then yeah, I'd probably think it's time to upgrade.
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited February 2018
    I dont like other games. Lol. I actually hate the majority of video games :)

And yes, I have played them. Sims is the only video game I like anymore. I played life is strange this week and while I do enjoy the two main characters relationship, I just do not enjoy the vast majority of games that some of you might be playing other than the sims. I dont like shooters either. Or games like GTA. 99 percent of video games do not appeal to me. After watching "The last of us" , I would hate to play that one either. I enjoy watching other play them online, but thats about it <3

So the one video game that I do actually like, Sims, will get my full attention and dedication. I spent almost two grand on a laptop and I would do it again in a heartbeat <3
  • DaemonPawsDaemonPaws Posts: 192 Member
    Yes
    I keep my computer regularly updated anyway, so if I needed a new component to play Sims, it would be no big deal for me. I love Sims, but I play tons of other games, too, so it has just become the nature of the beast to me.
    Origin - DaemonPaws
  • jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I made my current gaming PC so I could play sims 3 with no problems. Definitely don't regret it
    6Y6GB8R.png