Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best Pc / Laptop to play the sims 4 with best grahpics?

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    CMeki wrote: »
    @phoebebebe13 (even though they do not work for me)

Yes, I know (I read DxDiags in different languages every day, the language is just a minor thing, I know), but if she can't post a link as a new member that does not really help. Also, getting support in your first language can be a lot easier, especially if you're not very tech savvy. :)
    I am a helper at AHQ (just like you are one here) and help many simmers every day with their tech issues over there, mostly at the English boards though, because fewer people post at the Swedish one. But IF she is Swedish, and IF she would prefer support in Swedish, I just wanted to tell her that she can get the same quality of support in Swedish. No matter how good you are at reading tech specs you cannot give her that :)
    Yeah sure if WiggleyTuff is swedish, they can, but we still do not allow other languages on here so she'd still be forced to change to the Swedish version of the forum :) Where WigglyTuff is >very< welcome to come by from time to time! :smiley:

@CMeki Nice to meet you. You can post a link on here as a new member but you have to put breaks in the links. We will then fix the broken link for them. People are always welcome to go on the Swedish board should they want to. :) I was just letting the other poster and you know we can read a link to a computer in another language should they post a link to the computer they are interested in buying. Many people come in this forum asking us to help them find computers to run this game. They will post a budget and we help them find a computer . We will sometimes take the computer requests in PM. This is where some people who speak Swedish can help in a PM. Some of them in here also know where to shop for computers where we may not. Sometimes we ask people out of country to post links to stores on line in their area to help them find a computer.
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    I can help, im from sweden myself and know where you should get your computer/laptop or parts at. No problem at all^^
  • SophiaBlissSophiaBliss Posts: 51 Member
    My apology for all the recent posts - I'm trying to get a new PC within the next 3 days so i'm trying to find the best one suitable for my needs as quickly as possible with that being said could someone tell me if this desktop will run on ultra settings on both TS4 & TS3 and if you'd personally buy it?

CyberPowerPC - Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7-Series
    2400 megahertz Ram Speed
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Graphics
    System Memory (RAM) 16 gigabytes
    3.4 gigahertz Processor Speed
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    I am in the UK,
    my laptop is 6rs old :( and its now giving me the bsod during gameplay :(
    https://pastebin.com/K1Qkqttp

I used to play on a HP desktop, prior to getting this laptop, so I am cosidering my options going forward,
    I would prefer another laptop, for its portability but if I can re use my old desktop or
    get a better spec in a desktop for better price then thats OK.

My husband would prefer I dont buy a new one, but I think this laptop has had its day gaming,
    he is not a gamer or tech savvy at all, so does not "get it"

From reading the forums, it seems a custom built laptop/desktop is the way forward not a high street buy!
    I am just confused as to the specs I should be asking/looking for, most links to gaming pc's here in the forums are outside the UK without shipping :(
    I only play sims 4 all help appreciatted.

Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

Liziann1 wrote: »
    I am in the UK,
    my laptop is 6rs old :( and its now giving me the bsod during gameplay :(
    https://pastebin.com/K1Qkqttp

I used to play on a HP desktop, prior to getting this laptop, so I am cosidering my options going forward,
    I would prefer another laptop, for its portability but if I can re use my old desktop or
    get a better spec in a desktop for better price then thats OK.

My husband would prefer I dont buy a new one, but I think this laptop has had its day gaming,
    he is not a gamer or tech savvy at all, so does not "get it"

From reading the forums, it seems a custom built laptop/desktop is the way forward not a high street buy!
    I am just confused as to the specs I should be asking/looking for, most links to gaming pc's here in the forums are outside the UK without shipping :(
    I only play sims 4 all help appreciatted.

@Liziann1 What is your budget? Custom will be more expensive if it's desktop or laptop. You can get pre-built somewhat custom desktops on amazon UK cheaper . If your going for desktop I suggest getting one with a custom case with good cooling and room for switching out or upgrading hardware. HP desktops do not have good cooling and they are hard to upgrade and or replace hardware.
    budget . .. hmm around £1000 give or take for the right specs
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    aka DizziSquirrel

@Liziann1 This is custom 1010 pounds .It's already customized. you would just put it i your cart and buy it. This link won't last long. Custom has to be done when your ready to buy http://cyberpowersystem.co.uk/saved/1351082
  • EdeliniEdelini Posts: 14 New Member
    Guess this is the best place for this question XD

I'm looking for a good quality gaming laptop to purchase in the future that will support high specs for sims 4 with the add-ons. I also need to it to support my other online games. I was told that MSI would be a good way to go but what I'm really wanted to know is what are the best specs that I need to be looking for in a laptop that can support multiple online games and sims 4? Also as of right now price doesn't matter since this purchase will be made in the future.
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Edelini wrote: »
    Guess this is the best place for this question XD

I'm looking for a good quality gaming laptop to purchase in the future that will support high specs for sims 4 with the add-ons. I also need to it to support my other online games. I was told that MSI would be a good way to go but what I'm really wanted to know is what are the best specs that I need to be looking for in a laptop that can support multiple online games and sims 4? Also as of right now price doesn't matter since this purchase will be made in the future.

Nobody can suggest anything now unless you are going to be buying soon as hardware changes all the time, What's current now might not even be available when you purchase. The only thing that can be set in stone as far as specs go is the ram.. 8-16GB.
    Cpu/Graphics cards are constantly changing, When would you be buying?
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

edited March 2018
    I have found this laptop - UK - I think it meets the specs detailed in ths thread,
    please can someone confirm, its on at under £1000 so really tempting!
    https://www.ebuyer.com/807069-asus-rog-strix-gl502vm-gaming-laptop-gl502vm-fy497t

I am comparing it with this one
    https://www.ebuyer.com/803892-msi-gl62m-7rex-gaming-laptop-9s7-16j962-1869

aka DizziSquirrel

• gabbyistomkimgabbyistomkim Posts: 21 Member
    Hi I am wondering if this PC will run the sims 4 on ultra.
    Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB HDD, GTX 1050ti
    edited March 2018
    I have found this laptop - UK - I think it meets the specs detailed in ths thread,
    https://www.ebuyer.com/807069-asus-rog-strix-gl502vm-gaming-laptop-gl502vm-fy497t

They will both run the game fine, Of course the Asus has the slightly better graphics card.
    Keep in mind you will need to install the game on the HDD and not the small SSD.
    The Asus also has Gsync, so i would choose that. (less stutter and more stable fps.)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

Hi I am wondering if this PC will run the sims 4 on ultra.
    Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB HDD, GTX 1050ti

Yes, will not have any issues running on high. What resolution is your monitor/tv?
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• gabbyistomkimgabbyistomkim Posts: 21 Member
    > @chesterbigbird said:
    > gabbyistomkim wrote: »
    >
    > Hi I am wondering if this PC will run the sims 4 on ultra.
    > Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB HDD, GTX 1050ti
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes, will not have any issues running on high. What resolution is your monitor/tv?

1080p and i want to play on ultra 60fps. I am worried the i7-4770 is not good enough, is the i7-4790 worth upgrading too?
    edited March 2018
    > @chesterbigbird said:
    > gabbyistomkim wrote: »
    >
    > Hi I am wondering if this PC will run the sims 4 on ultra.
    > Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB HDD, GTX 1050ti
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes, will not have any issues running on high. What resolution is your monitor/tv?

1080p and i want to play on ultra 60fps. I am worried the i7-4770 is not good enough, is the i7-4790 worth upgrading too?

The i7 4770 is a great cpu, the i7 4790 is overkill and no way worth the upgrade.
    Will play great at 1080p :)

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

They will both run the game fine, Of course the Asus has the slightly better graphics card.
    Keep in mind you will need to install the game on the HDD and not the small SSD.
    The Asus also has Gsync, so i would choose that. (less stutter and more stable fps.)

Thank you as money is tight, I am going to order the MSI, Thank you Very much for your input, I do appreciatte it @chesterbigbird
    aka DizziSquirrel

• jazzysimmerjazzysimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi All,

I don't know much about the technical side of computers so I am hoping you two can help since you seem to be very active in helping people find the perfect pc for simming. Soooo, if you can help me find a PC that could run on high/ultra settings. I would only be using it to play the Sims 4 and all of the expansions/stuff packs along with CC and mods. I also would like to record some gameplay. I am currently playing on my macbook and I have ran out of memory and would like to download the newest expansion and stuff packs which is why I am looking into purchasing a PC. This would be my first desktop so I would need to buy a monitor,speakers, keyboard,mouse, etc. Can you please help me find the right desktop in between 1000-1500 range ( if i need to i am willing to pay 2000) btw i am in the U.S
  • LilgamerLilgamer Posts: 17 New Member
    Hi. I am currently looking for a computer that could run sims 4 and was wondering if this one would work?? h.t.t.ps://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-battlebox-ultimate-desktop-intel-core-i7-8700k-32gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-240gb-ssd-3tb-hdd-white/6128527.p?skuId=6128527.

Thanks
    Hi All,

I don't know much about the technical side of computers so I am hoping you two can help since you seem to be very active in helping people find the perfect pc for simming. Soooo, if you can help me find a PC that could run on high/ultra settings. I would only be using it to play the Sims 4 and all of the expansions/stuff packs along with CC and mods. I also would like to record some gameplay. I am currently playing on my macbook and I have ran out of memory and would like to download the newest expansion and stuff packs which is why I am looking into purchasing a PC. This would be my first desktop so I would need to buy a monitor,speakers, keyboard,mouse, etc. Can you please help me find the right desktop in between 1000-1500 range ( if i need to i am willing to pay 2000) btw i am in the U.S

Hi :)
    This is a custom desktop will play the game on max settings without issue, comes with wifi/mouse/Keyboard/mouse pad.
    You can buy a monitor and speakers elsewhere
    http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1KFVAQ
    This is a custom link and currently some of the components are on sale (Easter sale) so the link may change and price/ and or parts may change within the next couple days.
    Monitor :
    https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-VE278H-1920x1080-Back-lit-Monitor/dp/B0099XBO5E/ref=sr_1_9?s=pc&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1522296434&amp;sr=1-9&amp;keywords=desktop+monitor&amp;refinements=p_n_size_browse-bin:3547807011
    Comes with built in speakers. (but they may be not so good or loud) If you want external speakers then these are fine
    https://www.amazon.com/Z200-Stereo-Sound-Multiple-Devices/dp/B00EZ9XKCM/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1522296511&sr=1-4&keywords=desktop+speakers&dpID=411AVZscfOL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
    The monitor is 27 inch.. so you may need smaller depending on what space your working with.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

Lilgamer wrote: »
    Hi. I am currently looking for a computer that could run sims 4 and was wondering if this one would work?? h.t.t.ps://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-battlebox-ultimate-desktop-intel-core-i7-8700k-32gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-240gb-ssd-3tb-hdd-white/6128527.p?skuId=6128527.

Thanks

Way Way overkill
    all you need is a i5 8400-8600K (AMD Ryzen 5 1400 and above)
    Nvidia GTX 1050ti - 1060
    16GB of ram
    SSD and HDD (SSD not a must have.)
    Do you play any other games?
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

I only play sims 4 and 3. So I should maybe look at something a little less overkill. I’ll see what I can find. Thx
    Would this work I know I would have to add more ram. h.t.t.ps://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-omen-by-hp-desktop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-1tb-hard-drive-brushed-aluminum/5759916.p?skuId=5759916

Lilgamer wrote: »
    Would this work I know I would have to add more ram. h.t.t.ps://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-omen-by-hp-desktop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-1tb-hard-drive-brushed-aluminum/5759916.p?skuId=5759916

No i wouldn't go with HP.
    Something like this would be better
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cybertronpc-clx-set-desktop-intel-core-i5-8600k-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-120gb-solid-state-drive-1tb-hard-drive-black-red/6143827.p?skuId=6143827
    Do you need to buy from Bestbuy? Because if you had a large enough budget you could get a custom with better non generic hardware.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Robinh4Robinh4 Posts: 282 Member
    My laptop couldn't handle Sims 3 (kept overheating, I only have 1.40GHz). My laptop's hard drive is failing and am looking for a new laptop (on a budget, like around $500) that I can play Sims 4 on or even Sims 3. I'm not tech savy. I'm not a massive gamer, mostly just Sims. My question is are these two any good for playing Sims?

-HP 2.7GHz AMD A12-9720P, 1TB HDD, 8GB DDR4. It has AMD Radeon R7 graphics
    OR:
    -HP 2.4GHz Intel Core i3-7100U, 1TB HDD, 6GB DDR4
    Robinh4 wrote: »
    My laptop couldn't handle Sims 3 (kept overheating, I only have 1.40GHz). My laptop's hard drive is failing and am looking for a new laptop (on a budget, like around $500) that I can play Sims 4 on or even Sims 3. I'm not tech savy. I'm not a massive gamer, mostly just Sims. My question is are these two any good for playing Sims?

-HP 2.7GHz AMD A12-9720P, 1TB HDD, 8GB DDR4. It has AMD Radeon R7 graphics
    OR:
    -HP 2.4GHz Intel Core i3-7100U, 1TB HDD, 6GB DDR4

None of these laptops meet requirements. If you want a laptop that will survive all the game add ons I suggest saving up. You need a budget of $800 USD and up for a laptop that meets requirements.