Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Build Mode] EP03 City Living: Restore the building

2...Next

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited February 2018
    Humans that made EIGHT texture/exterior mistakes and have yet to fix these MINOR issues after a YEAR has passed. What are the odds :open_mouth: ? Nah, let's just forgive. They might forget about this mistake and not just make a priority patch fix over a SMALL thing that is really IRRITATING to the eye. Are you still gonna let expansion pack dev team pass on this :) After all, they are humans that should be forgiven with many inperfections that they could just not give a flipping plump in redeeming themselves.

It's only a matter of priority.
    Aesthetic issue is less important than gameplay issues.

Note:

City Living EP -> Toddler Patch -> Vampires GP -> Parenthood GP -> Cats & Dogs EP

New packs, new gameplay issues, QA team is very busy.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited February 2018
    It would be pretty unreasonable to just skip it, consider how it would take LITTLE time to change these SMALL aesthetical issues. It doesn't seem like it would take an hour to add just a few wallpaper and a chair within mere seconds.
    Post edited by DragonCat159 on
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Any time I read about how it's nonsense that we can't change the apartment exteriors or whatever, I can't help but think, have you ever lived in an apartment? Because good luck on even getting to change the paint or wallpaper inside, let alone changing the exterior, lol. And forget about changing things like toilets or fridges or stoves on a whim. :D

That said, there should be a 'restore default exterior' button in build mode, for those times when the wallpapers or whatever mess up. Just so it auto-restores any errors that might crop up.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited February 2018
    Any time I read about how it's nonsense that we can't change the apartment exteriors or whatever, I can't help but think, have you ever lived in an apartment? Because good luck on even getting to change the paint or wallpaper inside, let alone changing the exterior, lol. And forget about changing things like toilets or fridges or stoves on a whim. :D

That said, there should be a 'restore default exterior' button in build mode, for those times when the wallpapers or whatever mess up. Just so it auto-restores any errors that might crop up.

Have you ever lived in an apartment? Did it have a drywall exterior? My guess would be no.

It’s actually not uncommon for people to repaint their apartments. Most landlords have predetermined fees that are subtracted from your deposit at the end of your residence if you choose to do so. I have never seen an apartment with wallpaper, the upkeep on that would be outrageous.

Is it ridiculous that we can’t change the fixtures in a real world apartment? Well, no it’s not because you are renting that space and it’s on the owner to fix any and all issues that pop up - that includes replacing, or repairing broken appliances, sinks, showers, toilets, windows, doors/knobs, utility’s (air, water heaters).

Is it ridiculous that we can’t edit the exterior of a building in a video game? Yes, the game isn’t the real world, so you can’t use the real world to justify bad choices made for the game.