Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Instructions needed for idiot.

I can't work on my world any longer in EIG. It crashes.

So I'm advised to export the game and carry on from there.

HOW?????

First hurdle. No world picture. Gave up on that one and am using the nice "MY World" picture supplied by a helpful person several years ago. At this point I don't CARE if I have a nice pic. I just want to export the world. I don't do image manipulation, so people will have to use their imaginations.

Second hurdle. in CAW Found the top layer, at least I think so, because when I clicked I found the drop down box, entered a world name, entered a world description, stuck in the My World picture. Clicked okay.]

NADA

World not showing up. Nothing to export. Zero happening, except the processor of my pc making those "can't do it noises" where it huffs a bit and then winds down.

So I have name, description and picture, no error messages, but it won't show up in saved worlds and there is nothing to export.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Hawkflight1066Hawkflight1066 Posts: 245 Member
    Found a helpful video, suddenly realised that you can't rename your world at the point where you fill in the description, renamed world first, saved, filled in description, added My World picture, successfully exported. Now to find out how to get into it and work on it.
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    Glad you got it exported! if you haven't gotten it yet, just move your world to the "downloads" folder, double click, and let the launcher install it. Then it should be there for selecting ^^.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited February 2018
    Hi :)

CAW will crash the more CC/Store you have installed in combination with how many Built lots you have in the world.

A lot of CC/Store content in the beginning when there are empty or mostly empty lots- no problem. EIG works great... So many say, "I don't have a problem with EIG and I have lots of Store stuff in stall." Well, it builds up. Plus, A lot of Store stuff is relative. I had all the Store worlds and all the sets plus... took me months to figure out a way to add my build lots in Beach City. I wanted it all in that world (the last 2 venue sets hadn't been released at the time).

Only install what you really want to use. Not the whole set but if there are only a few pieces, just install those pieces. :)

You should be able to add the description and the world name at the same time. Adding the World Name is not the same as renaming the save, by the way. It doesn't change that...
    The trick is- Save after you add the name/description. Noting changes if you don't save first.

It's Above the 'Global Layer' - that's the main layer which all the other layers are attached- and where the name/description/picture are added. :)

Use Gimp or even Windows Paint will work. The trick with paint- copy your picture onto a NEW paint and save as a .png. Using a .jpg and trying to make it a .png doesn't make it a png for a cover picture.
    I believe there are still tutorials... probably not and because of Photobuckets greed... in the CAW Faq.
    Post edited by Rflong7 on