Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I've been in the process (when time allowed) of rebuilding Collinwood on a normal lot. I had the family on a beach lot which is proper for that house, but I got tired of everyone going to watch the waves, or sand castles etc. I was just about done with decorating the new house when I realized I have added so much stuff to the new lot, and so many walls and objects etc. I can hardly scroll it. ROFL...I guess I need to remove some stuff so I can add eight Sims to the lot because if I add them to it as it stands now, I won't be able to play it. lol :o
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    @JULES1111 wrote:
    @Simsophonique great pics.

Thank you @JULES1111 I am happy you like my interiors.

I know everybody is vanilla game here but myself I simply can't be vanilla. I simply adore decorating with cc with this game when I got the feeling to do !
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @Surreal Nice! Sounds like you have a good game started.

@Cinebar Holy cow! I have had a lot full of stuff before (clutter-aholic) I have never had that issue! I can only imagine how much stuff you must have put on that lot! :o

@Simsophonique I agree, I love decorating CC. Especially clutter and paintings!
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    Surreal wrote: »
    Just a little while ago, Sandra gave birth to a baby girl named Alicia. Strangely, she wasn't able to tell if Alicia was tired or hungry or anything and so had to try feeding, putting in crib, etc. She found this very annoying. (Babies aren't selectable - don't show need bars? That isn't cool...)

If you have Free Time installed you can learn parenting from reading a book. It'll give you a new action to check on the baby, who'll get a thought bubble showing their most urgent need.

Babies are much easier than in Sims 1 though: just feed them regularly and play and cuddle with them is enough to make sure the only cries you'll hear are from dirty diapers. :)

Ah. Thank you - I had seen the book in the bookshelf but had no idea what it did.

@JULES1111 - thanks. It's... interesting. lol
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Awww.... Nina married Don and they moved to a nice little cottage in Pleasantview. They are expecting their first child.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    I've spent some time building new lots, and I recreated the Oozma Kappa house from Monsters University lol. Only made the exterior for now. It would look much more accurate if I remake it in the Sims 4, but this result is also kinda cute.

640?cb=20140522154552

3emErOr.jpg
    @garapoes Nice. Hope everything works out between them.

@Brindleton Cool! It looks pretty darn close!
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    @JULES1111 : Cluttering is always a challenge to pick up especially when you got a ton of them.

@Brindleton : beautiful house you're talented.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    Last weekend I remembered a forgotten college student Robby in my bin so got him moved into an extremely expensive but classy penthouse. I decided to create a spouse for him so Sabrina moved in. They spent just about all of their money furnishing their apartment. They do have expensive taste!

They quickly became a couple, got engaged and married.

Robby had a lifetime wish of being a Prestidigitator so he got a job in the entertainment industry. Sabrina had a secret desire to be a witch so she started hanging out at night clubs until she met the good witch. Eventually they became good friends and Sabrina is now studying the ways of the light in her secret room in the apartment!

I’m the meantime, they welcomed their first child Gordon into the family. It’s a good thing Robby is almost at the top of his career. They need the cash for that $6k a week rent!
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    I've been localizing my crashing issue. I think it's from a lot I scrambled up using the lot adjuster improperly.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    I was doing my annual file clear-out, and I believe I accidentally deleted the game. ouch.
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I'm sitting here compressorizing my CC. Because I got past 7GB of content and the game started crashing. It was a long weekend of clearing out my unused downloads. Now I'm eager to play.
    @Rhiannon58 HA! Sabrina the witch. :D Was that just a coincidence?

@Scribal_Goddess Sorry about your crashing. Hope you get it figured out.

@theFella :o Oh no. How do you accidently do that?

@Mstybl95 Really? It started crashing at 7 GB? That is crazy. I know of people that have 3x that amount.
  • theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    edited February 2018
    @JULES1111 I was highlighting a couple of folders above the EA Games folder in program files to delete, and the highlight box thing covered the EA Games folder, and I did not realise until I presses the permanently delete button. the Documents/EA Games Sims 2 folder was spared, so I grabbed my saves then deleted that too. I got some installing to do.
    Post edited by theFella on
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited February 2018
    Hi :mrgreen:

I would love a little help...
    I just finished writing a terrible chapter 1 of an Apocalypse- way too long for Uni (130 some pictures but not much in the story category)- and would love to know if it works for others. I've never used Google presentation (I don't want to transfer them unless I have to). :)

This should link it

Does it show... does it allow you to edit (it shouldn't)... is it presentable. Not going to ask if you like it or if you read it all or if it's too long (it is). :lol::blush:

Thanks! :cookie:
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »

@Mstybl95 Really? It started crashing at 7 GB? That is crazy. I know of people that have 3x that amount.

I used to have way more than that, but since that Microsoft update for the video cards, it has been crashing nonstop! I finally whittled down my downloads to around 6.8 GB and it was working fine...then I went on a small downloading spree and it started crashing again. So around 7 GB is where it's at. Makes me so sad.
  • BimleSimBimleSim Posts: 2,979 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »

I just finished writing a terrible chapter 1 of an Apocalypse- way too long for Uni (130 some pictures but not much in the story category)- and would love to know if it works for others. I've never used Google presentation (I don't want to transfer them unless I have to). :)

This should link it

Does it show... does it allow you to edit (it shouldn't)... is it presentable. Not going to ask if you like it or if you read it all or if it's too long (it is). :lol::blush:

I can open and read the presentation. If I choose "open editor" I go into the editor in a "view-only" mode, meaning it seems like I can't edit it either. So it seems like it is working fine :)
    Awesome~ Thanks so much, @BimleSim :cookie::mrgreen:
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,719 Member
    Just played Sims 2 again after almost a month. :o:)
    And I encountered Bigfoot for the first time! :smiley: Now if I can get him to the point of moving him in... What if the Travellers become the "Addams family" of Veronaville? :3

I could share pictures tomorrow.
    Banner.png

This should link it

Works fine Rflong! I read the whole thing, it wasn't that long! It had me laughing though, you are good at story telling! :D:joy:

@Mstybl95 Oh man that stinks. Lousy Windows. I don't normally have that much, I just hate scrolling through the catalog to find everything! :D

@M13Vulpecula Yay! Glad you got to meet Bigfoot! Hopefully you can get him to move in. That is something I have never managed to do yet.

• EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited February 2018
    Can't find the Sims 2 Legacy thread so I'm just gonna post here lol I am starting a new Legacy challenge and had a complete brain fart on the rules of townies marrying playable Uni students. I created a YA in Uni. and she developed a relationship with a YA male who started calling her within hours of her moving onto the lot (the blue 15 room, 2 floor custom dorm). Is he a Townie? He doesn't live on any of the dorms in the game. Do they have to be engaged before she leaves college? Is she allowed to marry him after she leaves college and moves into her house?
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I found the answer to my question but now the problem I am having is that the Sim is not moving in with my founder while she's still in college. I found the Uni rules for the Challenge and they say Townies can move in after the Founder graduates. I wonder if this is happening because there's an update to the game I can't install for some reason and I am not losing my progress for one update. I will see what happens later today.
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,719 Member
    edited February 2018
    JULES1111 wrote: »

This should link it

Works fine Rflong! I read the whole thing, it wasn't that long! It had me laughing though, you are good at story telling! :D:joy:

@Mstybl95 Oh man that stinks. Lousy Windows. I don't normally have that much, I just hate scrolling through the catalog to find everything! :D

@M13Vulpecula Yay! Glad you got to meet Bigfoot! Hopefully you can get him to move in. That is something I have never managed to do yet.

Yay, thanks. :) I locked a want for Tina Traveller to get him in. Too bad his full name is 'Dorian Bigfoot', doesn't really fit in with the T.T. theme. (ps. I play in Dutch, so they're named Reiziger in my game. Guess that makes a T.R. theme instead. Or I could rename them all)

As promised, here are the pictures:

msnapshot_c6a34339_e7a1ee7b.jpg

snapshot_c6a34339_47a1efa8.jpg

snapshot_c6a34339_c7a1ee15.jpg

No good closeups, but he's got the same face as Goopy Gilscarbo. Missing Link perhaps? :D
    Banner.png
    Thanks! @JULES1111 ~You're so sweet. :cookie:
  • KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    Little bit of context: I have a sim called Morgana who is an evil witch and she runs Gothier Green Lawns. The twist is that she charges around $1000 per hour for the 'privilege' of even just visiting. She lives in a redone House of Fallen Trees. Her children are almost ready to go to university and I'm deciding on what path in life they should take.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top