Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get to Work Expansion Pack

Comments

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    GTW is a lot of fun, but I found that the novelty wore off after a while. The best thing about the pack for me was the new content, and being given the option to have aliens.
    simoleanj wrote: »
    PolluxSims wrote: »
    PolluxSims wrote: »
    There was a "leak" on when console EPs will release (you can see the dates here,) but there's been no confirmation this list is correct, so I wouldn't 100% believe it. But if they are true, GTW won't come out until the summer.

I have GTW on the computer though and overall I think it's a good pack.

Thank you. Which pack do you like better, GTW or Dine Out? I like the Dine Out pack. I'm looking forward to make a vet with C&D and a Police Officer with GTW.

I never had Dine Out, so I can't compare them. I have to say for GTW, I think police officer was the best of the three careers to play with. Plus don't forget you can make your own stores with GTW as well! I started one once before, never finished it lol.

What kind of stores? What exactly do you do with the Police Officer Career? In S3, your character just disappeared into the police station for several hours. I'm guessing this EP actually lets you work the career? Do you get the ability to create jail cells, etc?

Any store you like if you can build.
    You get a fully fledged bakery
    Photo shop
    Clothing shop

You can sell things in buil/buy/CAS

Books
    Food

The more packs you have the more types of things you can sel

Police career
    Complete roles

Gather evidence at place of crime
    Take pictures for evidence
    Take mug shot
    Fingerprints
    Lock them in a cell
    Interview them good/bad cop
    Work doing more tasks in the police station.

Yes to cells

And you can sell paintings your sim paints and items crafted with the woodworking bench in retail stores too.

Yes painting to. Anything in the game you can make/cook/grow/fish/collect.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    simoleanjsimoleanj Posts: 87 Member
    GTW and CL have the most issues, Like the Police, and Hospital have so many issues with the tasks and Retail is Unplayable because the Employees just talk and then no one buys anything. I do like the build items from the pack.

Never had issues such as these myself, the careers run great and the retail tho poor works fine for me to.
    The only problems I had was never able to get abducted by aliens or male sims pregnant.

Sounds like you had quite a few issues.

Why some of us get issues and others don't.

Tho I find ambitions a much fuller pack. I think they did a great job with get to work. A lot better than the dreaded city living.

I've enjoyed City Living. I had hoped they would include apartment buildings in S3, but they didn't. I'm glad they finally included them in S4. I love my apartment, and I also enjoy taking my Sims around the city, to the different festivals.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    GTW and CL have the most issues, Like the Police, and Hospital have so many issues with the tasks and Retail is Unplayable because the Employees just talk and then no one buys anything. I do like the build items from the pack.

Never had issues such as these myself, the careers run great and the retail tho poor works fine for me to.
    The only problems I had was never able to get abducted by aliens or male sims pregnant.

Tho I find ambitions a much fuller pack. I think they did a great job with get to work. A lot better than the dreaded city living.

I've enjoyed City Living. I had hoped they would include apartment buildings in S3, but they didn't. I'm glad they finally included them in S4. I love my apartment, and I also enjoy taking my Sims around the city, to the different festivals.

That's good if you like it.
    You could build apartments in TS3, just not as well as TS2.

You have full use of build mode in any world in the sims 3.

With city living

Limited number of lots
    No full build/buy mode.
    And no apartment building.
    Post edited by marcel21 on

• Options
    Johnvincent1229Johnvincent1229 Posts: 24 Member
    they should add the Get to together game pack and the gallery
  • Options

With city living

Limited number of lots
    No full build/buy mode.

It does puzzle me why they went backwards in what you are allowed to do in S4. You can't edit the worlds, or even lot sizes. It's not open world like S3, and you can't even customize the color of objects and clothing.

The absence of these things seems like a digression to me. I really miss the open world, and the color wheel, the most.
  • Options
    SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    What bugs me the most is that I cannot edit outside restricted areas in apartments. There's been a gutair sitting in the hallway of my Sims apartment forever.
    Since I can't edit outside of the apartment I can't get rid of it Baha!!

[
  • Options
    Sipop wrote: »
    What bugs me the most is that I cannot edit outside restricted areas in apartments. There's been a gutair sitting in the hallway of my Sims apartment forever.

That would bug me. You can't click on it and have your sim play it? Then while they're playing it, have them either set it down in your apartment, or talk to someone in your apartment. Maybe that will bring it inside where you can destroy it for eternity. :smiley:
  • Options
    @simoleanj Nope I tried click it, and my Sims won't play it because it doesn't belong to them. I'm not even sure who's Sims it belongs to but my guess is some Sims that visited. I wish I could destroy it, or chuck it out the window! :D
    [
  • Options
    @simoleanj Nope I tried click it, and my Sims won't play it because it doesn't belong to them. I'm not even sure who's Sims it belongs to but my guess is some Sims that visited. I wish I could destroy it, or chuck it out the window! :D

I'd have to move.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

I am suprized they did not add it first.
    The groups feature alone in get together and the world (town) seems to be one of the best new features this game had.
    I do hope they bring some form of gallery. I mean you kind of have part of it with the option to save towns and household in our saves of lots,rooms, sims.
    They know that creating and sharing is a big part of this series.

• Options

With city living

Limited number of lots
    No full build/buy mode.

It does puzzle me why they went backwards in what you are allowed to do in S4. You can't edit the worlds, or even lot sizes. It's not open world like S3, and you can't even customize the color of objects and clothing.

The absence of these things seems like a digression to me. I really miss the open world, and the color wheel, the most.

I know what you mean. And they are still going backwards with expansions.
    I miss create a style and the open world to , especially when building. Its just so restricted and limited now.

• Options
    edited February 2018

Agree

The amount of times I've seen a plate of spoiled food on the street I can't move or just the option to add/change those spaces.

Tired of looking at these boring spots with not much in them.

At this point it does seem unlikely that will change :(

• Options

The groups feature alone in get together and the world (town) seems to be one of the best new features this game had.
    I do hope they bring some form of gallery. I mean you kind of have part of it with the option to save towns and household in our saves of lots,rooms, sims.

At the very least, I would love to see them release lots for sale on the Playstation Store, and whatever market place Xbox has. I am not talented at designing houses, so without a gallery I am very limited on what I have. I would pay .99 for a nice house and lot download.
  • Options

Agree

The amount of times I've seen a plate of spoiled food on the street I can't move or just the option to add/change those spaces.

Speaking of spoiled food. Somehow plates got into the wall square in the apartment and it's spoiled. And of course it's considered restricted area.
    [
  • Options

Agree

Speaking of spoiled food. Somehow plates got into the wall square in the apartment and it's spoiled. And of course it's considered restricted area.

Yes it become a problem in all my apartment building public spaces. Really annoying.
    If only we could edit these spaces.

We could really do with an option to move the plate of spoiled food.

• Options
    edited February 2018

At the very least, I would love to see them release lots for sale on the Playstation Store, and whatever market place Xbox has. I am not talented at designing houses, so without a gallery I am very limited on what I have. I would pay .99 for a nice house and lot download.

Well I did like the buy a world or community venue from the sims 3 store.
    Would love to see it again.

They sort of do it with the bowling venue. When it comes to console.

If your not a builder the more lots and venues are going to be needed for some of us.
    I can build but don't like to in every time I start a new game.

I just go to the main page that shows what packs you have. Will add the bowling pack when it comes.

I've built only 5 lots since getting the game and two of this are makeovers from EA's prebuilt.
    Anyway the more the better. As I need more buildings to fill the 8 empty lots in newcress

A diner
    Fancy restaurant
    3 homes built by me
    2 makeover homes

Still have 8 to fill

Would like to fill them with NEW type's of venues instead of boring bars and gyms.
    Please EA gallery and new types of venues please.

Would welcome lots and towns packs for console.

I see you have a problem. Plus I miss being able to download a lot from a friend, commenting about it and using it on a free lot.

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

With city living

Limited number of lots
    No full build/buy mode.

Yes for me it can be looked at as a step back and something I would not be proud of even if it is to make the game manageable because it like having a half full glass and never able to enjoy an full glass.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    DougyDougy Posts: 47 Member

If your not a builder the more lots and venues are going to be needed for some of us.

I just go to the main page that shows what packs you have. Will add the bowling pack when it comes.

I've built only 5 lots since getting the game and two of this are makeovers from EA's prebuilt.
    Anyway the more the better. As I need more buildings to fill the 8 empty lots in newcress

A diner
    Fancy restaurant
    3 homes built by me
    2 makeover homes

Still have 8 to fill

Would like to fill them with NEW type's of venues instead of boring bars and gyms.

I see you have a problem. Plus I miss being able to download a lot from a friend, commenting about it and using it on a free lot.

[/quote]

I hear ya . Having more community lots and the gallery ta boot would really spice things up a bit and make the game a bit more livelier rather than going to the same old places seeing the same old boring people doing the same old boring thing lol

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Dougy wrote: »

A diner
    Fancy restaurant
    3 homes built by me
    2 makeover homes

Still have 8 to fill

I hear ya . Having more community lots and the gallery ta boot would really spice things up a bit and make the game a bit more livelier rather than going to the same old places seeing the same old boring people doing the same old boring thing lol

[/quote]

agreed
    I really hope they do figure this gallery issue out. not everybody likes to build or create sims. sharing is such a big part of this game on PC/MAC
    Because for the first time ever we finally got a PC version on PlayStation and xbox.
    having to option to share each others stuff on console would make building awesome for the first time on console too, as I am sure some of us remember how dull building was on console on pretty much every console game, well castaway was good tho.

the only game you sims could build with his/her hand or build in a group.
    love a castaway pack

• Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Not too long to go now!! Woop woop excited to get get to work on console I love that ep So much!
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Sipop wrote: »

Testing cheats enabled, and then delete object?
  • Options
    EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Sipop wrote: »

Testing cheats enabled, and then delete object?

It still says you can't move it
  • Options
    Not too long to go now!! Woop woop excited to get get to work on console I love that ep So much!

I just saw the official announcement and trailer. Only 12 days to go! I'm very excited about this EP.
  • Options
    lizisprocrastinatinglizisprocrastinating Posts: 125 Member
    I'm looking forward to the aliens
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    So glad this has been officially announced by the sims now. I was getting worried. Woohoo!!