Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - Build-n-Share - The Hawthorne Project XIV - Due 31 Jan 2022

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Congrats to @NHuband, the Unruh's are the next recipients of the Hawthorne Legacy!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Valuzza90Valuzza90 Posts: 208 Member
    edited March 2018
    @BuildnShare I wish to partecipate to the Hawthorne Project, is the phase V closed and the phase VI is open? It's the first time I try to participate.
    Post edited by Valuzza90 on
    Oh wow @Valuzza90 - I'm so sorry I didn't see this until now!! Of course, you can participate in the Hawthorne Project!! I've updated the front page for round VI! Look forward to seeing what you come up with!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member
    Oh, this looks like fun. Got one in mind, but I need to go remind myself what her traits and aspirations are.
    image.png
    Brilliant @TresaofPern - look forward to seeing her :smile:
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited May 2018
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    HAWTHORN PROJECT SIMS - PHASE VI
    Name: Ashleigh Tipton
    Traits: Genius, Geek, Outgoing
    M/F/TG: F
    Aspiration: Computer Whiz
    Occupation (Or Former Occupation): High School Student

Spouses Name: N/A
    M/F/TG: N/A
    Traits:
    Aspiration:
    Occupations (Or Former Occupation):

Child 1 Name: N/A
    Child 1 M/F/TG:
    Child 1 Traits:
    Child 1 Aspiration:

Child 2 Name: N/A
    Child 2 M/F/TG:
    Child 2 Traits:
    Child 2 Aspiration:

Child 3 Name:N/A
    Child 3 M/F/TG:
    Child 3 Traits:
    Child 3 Aspiration:

Please tell us a little bit about yourself, and your family if appropriate, and why you are applying to The Hawthorne Project.

Hi, my name is Ashleigh Tipton and I'm applying to the Hawthorne Project because I need to get out of my corrent living situation and on my own. I've been living with my relatives the Goths since my mother disappeared when I was a child. Uncle MOrtimer treated me like an obligation, Aunt Bella treats me like a maid and nanny. The kids don't listen to me and always getting into my stuff. I think Alex dilberately downloaded viruses onto my computer. In short, we don't get along at all. They hate that I died my hair purple and got a tattoo, and don't understand why my wardrobe is so colorful. I think they need to ligten up and embrace the rainbow. They're on me so much about my weight that for a while I developed an eating disorder. I'm just starting to get healthy again but I need to be away from them, in a space of my own. They want me gone too, but refuse to give me any money and I dno't have much of my own.

Tell us about your ideal home space: (You can use images if you wish)

I don't need anything fancy, just something as unlike the Goth house as possible, by which I mean comfortable and bright. Absolutely no red or black, please, I saw enough of those colors growing up. A garden would be nice, or at least some flowering plants indoors. i also need a place for my computer and somewhere to workout. Also a gaming console would be nice.

ZQaev6M.jpg
    Post edited by SimTresa on
    image.png
  • jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
    edited May 2018
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

The Evans Family
    YX3Z9wX.jpg

Name: Minnie Evans
    Traits: Cheerful, neat, family orientated
    Aspiration: big happy family
    Occupation (Or Former Occupation): none - stay-at-home-mom till her husband died

Spouses Name: Will, deceased

Child 1 Name: Emmet Evans
    Child 1 M/F/TG: M, teen
    Child 1 Traits: Loner, clumsy,
    Child 1 Aspiration: Friend of the world

Child 2 Name: Aidan Evans
    Child 2 M/F/TG: M, kid
    Child 2 Traits: Cheerful
    Child 2 Aspiration: Artistic Prodigy

Child 3 Name: Ivan Evans
    Child 3 M/F/TG: M, toddler
    Child 3 Traits: energetic
    Child 3 Aspiration: too young to have an aspiration

Please tell us a little bit about yourself, and your family if appropriate, and why you are applying to The Hawthorne Project.

Dear Sir or Madam,

we are the Evans family, well, what is left of the Evans family at least. We have been quite a normal family until my beloved husband and wonderful father of three boys died in our new swimming pool, a couple of days ago.
    I don't know where to begin. We have never been rich, you know. Will was a salesman. Not really successful but it was enough for a two bedroom rental with a large garden and for me to stay at home and take care of the kids. You have to know, we were very young when Emmet, our first son, was born, hardly out of highschool. I used to work in a café but with a little kid at home it wasn't easy and I had to quit. Then Aidan was born, our little sunshine and when he was finally old enough that I could earn some money myself, I found myself pregnant again. unplanned. But we are happy with Ivan. He is a wild kid, somehow untamed and he needs all my attention.
    After Will was recently promoted he got that voucher for a swimming pool from his company. So we talked to the landlord and he allowed us to put it in the backyard. Oh, the kids were so happy! Of cause we put a fence around it, so Ivan wouldn't fall in. That fence was Wills fate. One night he went in for some moonlit laps and when he finally wanted to get out, the gate got stuck and he drowned.

Now it is just us and apart from mourning my husband and trying to make ends meet, our landlord wants us out till the end of the month. I guess a single mom with three boys is not the ideal tennant. We have nowhere to go now. My parents are long dead and Wills parents were never happy that he married me. They thought he could have done better. We have no contact and they didn't even come to Wills funeral.
    E3Qbqrl.png
    Could you help us, please? We are kind of desperate right now.

Thank you so much for reading!
    Yours,
    the Evans Family
    Minnie, Emmet, Aidan and Ivan

Tell us about your ideal home space:
    We all don't mind a small space, but it has to be cozy and not too modern.

The boys all used to share a bedroom, but it is just not working anymore. Emmet has a bit of a hard time as a teenage boy. He is complicated and I wish I could give him a small room to close a door behind him.

Aidan and Ivan don't mind to share. They often play together and Aidan is a cute older brother.

I for myself don't ask for much. A small bedroom will do, but what I really love to have would be my own small bathroom. Sharing with three boys is not funny! Oh, and we enjoy playing card games together in the evening so we don't need a tv, but I always dreamed of a nice kitchen. Since I'm a decent cook I maybe can work as a caterer from home, until Ivan is old enough so that I can find a job.

A small garden would be the cherry on top to enjoy the outdoors, to harvest some vegetables, but please, absolutely no water features whatsoever! No pool, no fountains! It all reminds us too much of Will.

You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited May 2018
    CHALLENGE #94 - The Hawthorne Project VIII
    SIM CHALLENGE - #BNSPH6
    FORUM ID: SoulGal7
    ORIGIN ID: SoulGal7
    LEVEL: Established
    Link to Gallery: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D1E19C4E50B911E885F8589460A27704?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=SoulGal7&max=50&maxis=false

Name: Harvey Wallbanger
    Traits: Slob, Lazy, Goofball
    M/F/TG: M
    Aspiration: Serial Romantic
    Occupation (Or Former Occupation): Former apartment superintendent

Spouses Name: N/A
    M/F/TG:
    Traits:
    Aspiration:

Child 1 Name: N/A
    Child 1 M/F/TG:
    Child 1 Traits:
    Child 1 Aspiration:

No cc

Dear Hawthorne People,
    My name is Harvey Wallbanger and I used to work as an apartment superintendent in San Myshuno. Yah, I know, you think I was named after a drink, but that is not the case. My family has been in the apartment superintendent maintenance business for years, and the name "Wallbanger" is our trademark because we are always banging on the walls, fixing things with our hammers and fiddling with electrical things. I really didn't want to follow in my family's footsteps. I wanted to branch out, be a rebel, but when I found out you got a free furnished apartment, heck, I was in!

Life was good. Oh yah, in my younger years, I was known as quite the ladies man. In my blue tux, I was a head-turner. I still have that blue tux and wear it sometimes when I go out to some fancy, smancy restaurant, and I am still a head turner, although I often hear sims chuckling when I walk through the door. Youngins', they know nothing. Well, what I was trying to say was that the ladies loved me, but I never found that "someone special"..know what I mean. I kind of wanted to give all the gals a chance at me, you know. So, yes, I am still single and available. I know, hard to believe.

Well, everything was going great, I had worked for the Llamarcins apartment building for nearly 30 years. Yep, count them. 30 years at one job! Can you believe it? All the neighbors just loved me and were always bringing me things, like gourmet fruitcake, to thank me for rescuing their goldfish from the toilet, you know, normal things superintendents do. Well, then I get this letter the other day, that the Llamarcins apartment building was going to be sold to some highfalutin bigshot who is going to renovate all these old, historic apartments into modern, new condos. And, get this, they don't want me to be part of the "new" look. They said I was dated....more like stale dated.

So, here I am nearing retirement with no job, nowhere to live, no one to give me gourmet fruitcake and no furniture even. I have no idea what to do. I've tried to find a new job, but even though I have years of experience, they all want someone "younger", more hip and with-it and computer literate with their new fangled on-line security systems. So, I am writing to you, dear Hawthorne People for help.

Tell us about your ideal home space:
    You know I've been thinking that maybe down south in one of those "over 55" retirement communities would be ideal. You know what I mean...be in charge of a mobile home park. One level. I have had it with stairs and elevators. And decorate my outdoor space like I want with a plastic flamingo or 2. Yah, that's the ticket. There are always sims needing some help with something and I heard that there are a lot of lady sims living in these places just looking for a single, handy guy like me. Maybe it's time for me to settle down. Oh yah and those places have community centers right in the complex, too, with things like card games, and dances, and even bar-b-qs. Can't remember the last time I had a bar-b-q 'cause of the fire code, they weren't allowed in apartments. And movie nights under the stars...with an outdoor big screen tv...I can see it now...just like those drive-in movie theatres I used to love. Ahhh....that would be the life. Well, thanks for reading and I hope you can help me. Park benches are getting awfully hard to sleep on.

HARVEY_OUTSIDE.png
    Harvey - always ready to fix something wearing his trusty tool belt.

FIXING_THINGS.png
    Harvey's middle name is Sparky. I wonder how he got that...

HE_DIDNT_KNOW_WHAT_TO_DO.png
    The last look of Harvey in his apartment. He has nowhere to go.

LOOK_AT_THIS_FACE.png
    Look at this face. How can you say no?
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Name: Betty "Boop" Kane
    Traits: Dance Machine, Self-Assured, Music Lover, Muser
    Aspiration: Musical Genius
    Occupation (Or Former Occupation): Actress, Singer, Waitress

Spouses Name:
    M/F/TG:
    Traits:
    Aspiration:

Child 1 Name:
    Child 1 M/F/TG:
    Child 1 Traits:
    Child 1 Aspiration:

Child 2 Name:
    Child 2 M/F/TG:
    Child 2 Traits:
    Child 2 Aspiration:

Child 3 Name:
    Child 3 M/F/TG:
    Child 3 Traits:
    Child 3 Aspiration:

Further children please list below:

Dearest Hawthorne Project ~

I'm writing to you as a lady out of luck, on her last legs, looking for a hand up! You see, I know I've got what it takes to make it big, but, as I told a friend of mine several years ago, work's been kind of slow since cartoons went to color...and that's still true today! Now, there are all kinds of fancy effects and computers doing this and that...how's a gal supposed to keep up?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to work hard and embrace what life has to offer. When acting work went south, I spent some time singing, and when the guys decided they wanted girls who were "drawn that way" on the stage, I took up waitressing! I'll do whatever I need to do to work my way back to the top. I even took up a new, modern stage name (but my friends still call me Boop!) to help my career along!

The problem with working up, though, is that sometimes the bills are TOO FAR up. I had a cozy little cottage for most of my life, but progress came along, and eight lanes of shimmering cement later, I found myself headed to L.A. proper looking for a place to live. It wasn't long before I was priced out of everything there - my waitress job didn't even cover my electric bill! So, I took up the only thing I could afford, a shady-looking rental in a kind of scary town called Forgotten Hollow. Don't get me wrong, it has its charm! There's even a nice park in the center of town, and the commute for work isn't bad. However, there are some REALLY creepy folks who lurk about the streets I have to walk to get home from work, and more than once I've seen a sweet, young lady like myself passed out on the sidewalk. I've heard rumors someone is attacking them! It's almost more than my poor heart can bear, and even locking my doors and playing my violin to soothe myself aren't helping me feel safe at night. Even in the middle of the day, the atmosphere here can leave me feeling...well, forgotten.

Please help me re-establish myself in a cozy, SAFE home, away from such terrible things!

Yours truly,

~ Boop

I am not looking for anything over-the-top. I need to keep it reasonable so my entry-level wages can keep up with the bills until I get firmly established in the entertainment world again!

My beloved cottage was all in black and white, and that's truly what I feel most comfortable around still, so I think I'd like my bedroom to be that way. However, I want my visitors (and prospective employers!) to know that I'm willing to keep up with the times, so I think the outdoor areas should have some bright color, and maybe some bold, contemporary looks in the sitting and dining areas. I only need one bedroom and one bathroom, because goodness - I'm still a proper lady! But, perhaps a sweet little guest house near mine, with a small bedroom and bathroom, wouldn't be bad for the occasional overnight guest.

I've heard wonderful things about what your designers have done for sims in need in the past, so I'm leaving the rest up to you!
  • AmbiiUmmAmbiiUmm Posts: 1 New Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Name: Jaleesa Barrera
    Traits: Cheerful, Neat
    M/F/TG: Female
    Aspiration: Successful Lineage
    Occupation (Or Former Occupation): Fast Food Employee, Retail Employee, Manual Laborer, High School Student

Spouses Name:
    M/F/TG:
    Traits:
    Aspiration:

Child 1 Name: Adalyn Barrera
    Child 1 M/F/TG: Female
    Child 1 Traits: Creative
    Child 1 Aspiration: Artistic Prodigy

Child 2 Name: Rocco Barrera
    Child 2 M/F/TG: Male
    Child 2 Traits: Outgoing
    Child 2 Aspiration: Social Butterfly

Child 3 Name:
    Child 3 M/F/TG:
    Child 3 Traits:
    Child 3 Aspiration:

We are applying to the Hawthorne Project because our parents died in mysterious circumstances. The police accused Jaleesa of poisoning them with arsenic. They are currently on the run from the police in San Myshuno. They know who murdered them, but they police are currently being controlled by that person, so they can't tell the police. As you can see Jaleesa is currently working three jobs so she can pay the bills of their tiny house.

We want a house that is a little more comforable than the one they live in currently, but a little cheaper so that Jaleesa might be able to quit one of her jobs. They just need two bedrooms because the twins can share a room, though they might need their own rooms when they age up. Adalyn will want an easel when she ages up and maybe a kids art set. They don't need a computer but would like a little garden where they can grow vegetables they can sell.
    5nd1sli.png

We'll take a look at the entries and the next Hawthorne Project challenge will announce the next recipient!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited June 2018
    Phase VII is now open

3gHHX7s.png

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    HAWTHORN PROJECT SIMS - PHASE IV
    Name:
    Traits:
    M/F/TG:
    Aspiration:
    Occupation (Or Former Occupation):

Spouses Name:
    M/F/TG:
    Traits:
    Aspiration:

Child 1 Name:
    Child 1 M/F/TG:
    Child 1 Traits:
    Child 1 Aspiration:

Child 2 Name:
    Child 2 M/F/TG:
    Child 2 Traits:
    Child 2 Aspiration:

Child 3 Name:
    Child 3 M/F/TG:
    Child 3 Traits:
    Child 3 Aspiration:

Your Sims must be uploaded to the gallery and should include the following hashtag #BNSPH7

3gHHX7s.png
    The deadline for this challenge is 30th June 2018
    GArBA5W.jpg
    5nd1sli.png

No entries this time around?!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Phase VIII is now open

3gHHX7s.png

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Name:
    Traits:
    M/F/TG:
    Aspiration:

Spouses Name:
    M/F/TG:
    Traits:
    Aspiration:

Child 1 Name:
    Child 1 M/F/TG:
    Child 1 Traits:
    Child 1 Aspiration:

Child 2 Name:
    Child 2 M/F/TG:
    Child 2 Traits:
    Child 2 Aspiration:

Child 3 Name:
    Child 3 M/F/TG:
    Child 3 Traits:
    Child 3 Aspiration:

Your Sims must be uploaded to the gallery and should include the following hashtag #BNSPH8

3gHHX7s.png
    The deadline for this challenge is 31st July 2018
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited March 2019
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    HAWTHORN PROJECT SIMS - PHASE VIII
    Name: Thor DeWinter
    Traits: Ambitious, clumsy, loner
    M/F/TG:M
    Aspiration: The Curator
    Occupation (Or Former Occupation):Athlete

Spouses Name: Neva DeWinter
    Traits: Geek, Loves Outdoors, Family Oriented
    Aspiration: Family Oriented
    Occupations (Or Former Occupation):Gardener

Child 1 Name: Mazin
    Child 1 M/F/TG: M
    Child 1 Traits: Vegetarian, Clumsy
    Child 1 Aspiration: Successful Lineage

Child 2 Name: Gale
    Child 2 M/F/TG: F
    Child 2 Traits: Perfectionist, Dog Lover
    Child 2 Aspiration: Friend of the Animals

Child 3 Name: Ramiel
    Child 3 M/F/TG: M
    Child 3 Traits: Genius
    Child 3 Aspiration: Whiz Kid

Child 4 Name: Elysia
    Child 4 M/F/TG: F
    Child 4 Traits: Bookworm
    Child 4 Aspiration: Rambunctious Scamp

Child 5 Name: Storm
    Child 5 M/F/TG: M
    Child 5 Traits: Silly

Child 6 Name: Rain
    Child 6 M/F/TG: F
    Child 6 Traits: Clingy

Hello, Hawthorne Project,
    This is difficult for me, I'm not used to asking for help, but I need to in order to provide for my family. My name is Thor DeWinter. My wife, Neva, and I recently became the guardians of our six grandchildren after thier parents' deaths. We love having them over for visits, put our small two-bedroom apartment just wasn't meant to hold eight people comfortably. We can't even eat Harvestfest dinner at the table as a family. Our Winterfest tree will likely be in the dining room this year with the gifts in the living room.
    We would appreciate some help finding a larger place to live with room for everyone. Our neighbors are mostly older and childless, and don't appreciate the noise, so we would like to live in a more family-friendly area.

We don't ask for much, just a simple house with either an eat-in kitchen or a dining room large enough to sit eight people. Two or three bathrooms wold be nice so there's less of a wait, and at least three bedrooms. Five if possible, so Mazin and Gale can have their own space. Must have a yard big enough to play in and perhaps a small garden so Neva can dabble when she feels up to it and has the time.

Gallery link: DeWinter

Post edited by SimTresa on
    image.png
  • aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ I was wondering if I can use a Sim that is already in my Gallery,he is homeless, & really needs a place to live! @BuildnShare
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

Of course you can @aussiekarima - just get him to fill out the application form ;)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    5nd1sli.png
    The new phase will open shortly!!
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited August 2018
    Phase IX is now open

3gHHX7s.png

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Name:
    Traits:
    M/F/TG:
    Aspiration:

Spouses Name:
    M/F/TG:
    Traits:
    Aspiration:

Child 1 Name:
    Child 1 M/F/TG:
    Child 1 Traits:
    Child 1 Aspiration:

Child 2 Name:
    Child 2 M/F/TG:
    Child 2 Traits:
    Child 2 Aspiration:

Child 3 Name:
    Child 3 M/F/TG:
    Child 3 Traits:
    Child 3 Aspiration:

Your Sims must be uploaded to the gallery and should include the following hashtag #BNSPH9

3gHHX7s.png
    The deadline for this challenge is 31st July 2018
    GArBA5W.jpg
    I might have the beginnings of another idea, but maybe I should wait and see if anyone else joins. Doesn't seem right to be the only one submitting two months in a row.

image.png
    I might have the beginnings of another idea, but maybe I should wait and see if anyone else joins. Doesn't seem right to be the only one submitting two months in a row.

Go for it @TresaofPern!! Post away, might encourage others to join in...
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Didn't last month though. Is it possible to win when no one else played?
    image.png
    Yep, it sure is :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    That's good to know. :)
    image.png
    *wonders if we are going to get any entries for phase nine*
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list