Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BEST Year?!

WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
edited February 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Which do you think, for The Sims 4, has been the best year in terms of quality DLC content? (Explaining why in the comments would be grand)
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

BEST Year?! 77 votes

5%
LeGardePourpreBagoas77g01denswanWulfsimmer 4 votes
6%
KaeChan2089HalloMolliEnkiSchmidtRnM92paradiseplanet 5 votes
88%
auroraael14icmnfrshIcewolfalan650111aelias24missmani09bsimthMsMayVibseWritin_RegSimburiankeekee53DOLLDRMS1simgirl1010CinebarzagboorulesJoAnne65marbergJennyggPurpleCheshire 68 votes

Comments

• jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    2017 for sure. The Toddler patch felt like a fresh start in my mind for the game, and Vampires & Parenthood were incredible.
    Cats & Dogs had polarizing reviews, but I feel like this is the first Pets EP that offers something for people who want Pets, but also players who wants Pets to actually make an impact in how their Sims live (eg. running a Vet).

But 2015 gave me one of my fave EP's ever and my fave world.

2016 was so meh. It was painful.
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited February 2018
    Vampires and parenthood arrived. The two only packs I can find consensus on quality on. Also Vampires is the only pack released to date that fits my preferred play style.

Basically the first two terms were good, beating other years by two good terms. (Of course this is my opinion, not a fact. Just to disclaimer.)
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    2017 has been the best year for the game and this forum. The toddler hot drop was a major turning point. Interested in seeing how it goes this year. :)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Toddler patch was great. Even if it's not paid DLC, it really added a lot to my game. It was at the top of my list of missing base game features, and I'm glad they took the time to bring them back after a botched launch.

Parenthood was amazing too. It really added new dimensions to my family saves. And even though I didn't get it, I have to admit that Vampires is pretty well-done from what I hear.

Cats and Dogs got a more mixed reception, but except for a few missing things, I'm satisfied with it overall.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member

But the thread is 2 months old, it is impossible to know about xD
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Toddlers and Vampires were really the only things that made it good for me. I am not a fan of supernaturals in the Sims but vampires were really well done. I love the whole powers\weakness thing and how they can freely drink without asking permission. I have mixed feelings on parenthood but it did add more depth to raising children in the game which I like, but I wouldn't call it amazing.

Cats and Dogs was terrible in my opinion. I hate that I have to open a business for vet. I wanted an open career that I did not have to own like doctor. My dog pooped on the back porch and I am not sure if that is normal. I cannot see their needs so I can map out a time to walk them that is more convenient for my Sim. There are so many more things I want to complain about but what is done is done. I know some people love it but out of all the pets expansions, I feel like it was the worse. None of my Sims will have pets again after the Delgato's pets die. They almost feel more needy than a toddler.
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited February 2018
    2017 because releasing the toddlers and the hounds made a lot of people happy. Also we got some new roofs, which made me happy! Photography was made available to all players - which I thought was super, now everyone can have their own custom art or family photos (without it being CC). The shrink cheat is pretty much the best thing ever, I love it even though it doesn't quite work on everything, its still something I use constantly. Basically a bunch of things people wanted were released and in the making (Laundry). I look forward to this years rewards. <3
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    One word. Toddlers. <3
  • 2tcn2tcn Posts: 58 Member
    Toddlers, Parenthood, Cats & Dogs... that's a whole lot of great content released in 2017.