Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Inventories for Sims, fishing, plants and household

This is my biggest grouch for the Sims 4, is the time I spend trying to find that item in my Sim's inventory or a special frog, plant or fish etc for fishing. This also goes for gardening too although I know that is not so important and I just fertilize with whatever is tops

I loved how in the Sims 3 there were special bait for each fish, we could find it through fishing or reading books. The same for gardening. I am not a fan of this new way where almost anything goes. And when trying to find a frog where I have more than one to continue fishing, or a special small or medium fish to bait is nothing more than a pain trying to find it! Often trying to continue fishing interactions drop out.

Why cant plants, frogs, fish etc be together in one category (ie that all apples are shown together, not as individual items depending on whether they are perfect of normal) so we can choose what to fish with or fertilize with. I spend plus minutes trawling through my inventory often not finding the item I want as it is not showing. This is not fun!

I loved how we had fishing and gardening in the Sims 3 I feel the Sims 4 has taken a step backwards. I would rather have fishing and gardening as it was in the Sims 2, at least children were able to garden in the Sims 2, it was simple. They say less is more. What isn't broke don't fix it!

I understand that game needs to "evolve" and realise that different things need to be explored, to keep the game fresh, there are some things that will not get any better. I don't understand why these cannot be kept in a new game and continued. To me gardening and fishing have taken a step back from previous Sims games. These are two thing I have loved in the game and I find it now not so fun to play these aspects.

Comments

• Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    When they turned the baby into a object and skip the pools until later I knew this version was going backwards. How long has it been and no spiral stairs but we get laundry it's gone backwards.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I agree. The inventory needs a better system. I usually fertilize with fish and I have to scroll forever to find one.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    I'd love to see an updated inventory system. Right now I use the chest to store most of my sim's goodies.

@fullspiral, my sims had all perfect harvestables but then I downloaded a bunch more from ModTheSims and this time around I just go into debug/buy mode and get the large pet poops for fertilizing.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm all for a better inventory system on multiple levels.
    Fertilizing and gardening... why is the scroll through even like that? Just group them all together. I don't even think it's done by quality it can all be stuff harvested in the neighborhood and it will still be all scattered like that.
    Right now I'm in Granite Falls and between all the harvestables, insects, potions & lotions, pet stuff, camping gear, and other things your sim can carry their personal inventory is hard to deal with. I wish they would have sections that we could click through or at least have a way to group them according to type then maybe in alphabetical order.
    egTcBMc.png
  • LudditeBorgLudditeBorg Posts: 45 Member
    Alphabetical order at least would be a huge improvement. I was thinking that just yesterday. I wouldn't think it would be too hard for them to make the list alphabetical. Also, as the OP mentioned, it is so weird that kids can't water plants.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm new to this forum, have u found the garden sprinkler or figured out how to hire more than one gardener on the sims4 console for ps4? Or where do i post this question?

Hey. I don't have the console version but you posted in a PC game feedback thread.
    You can try this thread..
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/929999/the-sims-4-console-forums-where-is-what#latest
    egTcBMc.png
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'd love to see an updated inventory system. Right now I use the chest to store most of my sim's goodies.

@fullspiral, my sims had all perfect harvestables but then I downloaded a bunch more from ModTheSims and this time around I just go into debug/buy mode and get the large pet poops for fertilizing.

I used a chest too. I had all his insects and plants in it that wouldnt go in to the fridge. I decided to move him in to a different house and plopped the chest in to the household inventory. When he got to the new place ALL the insects were gone! Just gone! I had to send him back to GF to collect them all again. Everything else was still there, just not the insects.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

I used a chest too. I had all his insects and plants in it that wouldnt go in to the fridge. I decided to move him in to a different house and plopped the chest in to the household inventory. When he got to the new place ALL the insects were gone! Just gone! I had to send him back to GF to collect them all again. Everything else was still there, just not the insects.

I really wish they wouldn't lose their collections when moving. I have a sim who had collected all the fish and lost them when I moved her to Brindleton Bay.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

I really wish they wouldn't lose their collections when moving. I have a sim who had collected all the fish and lost them when I moved her to Brindleton Bay.

Have you tried moving back to the previous place? I learned in my main save a few days ago I moved a Sim into an apartment that was previously owned by another that lived there but I had moved to a bigger apartment and took everything from the other place. That sim had a pizza in the fridge that never transferred over and was actually still in the old place when the new Sim moved in there and added a fridge of their own.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png