Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You can make 3 improvements to TS4 to perfect it. What would you improve?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2018
    Open world but for 64 bit, go back to CAW style maps and roads so we can have vehicles, baby carriages, and horses, and change the game engine to EA's own Frostbyte 3 game engine ( that engine even has weather capabilities build right into the engine).

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    emilybush8185emilybush8185 Posts: 38 Member
    I got really excited when I found this discussion.

1. The lag on the sims. Why does it take a sims hour to get downstairs? "*insert sims name* is late for school!!!" Yeah well thats not my fault he stood in the kitchen holding his half eaten plate of pancakes. (I don't play with CC or Mods. I have a very efficient computer for my gaming :wink: )

2. Tools to create your own paint colors! Would be helpful when decorating a house and NONE of the windows go along with the appropriate color scheme.

3. No talk of the sim 5. I think theres SO much potential to grow in ts4.
  • Options
    emilybush8185emilybush8185 Posts: 38 Member
    I LOVE your sim in your icon photo. Please give me him <3

Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I don't think it's as simple as 3 improvements to perfect it.

I think The Sims 4 is improving, however, my idea of perfection cannot be attained from this iteration. They'll need to start on The Sims 5, which would hopefully be a life simulation title, as opposed to whatever The Sims 4 tries to be.

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    s_stutler wrote: »
    1. Sims who actually behave as their traits suggest. A lazy Sim should not "become energized" and start cleaning everything. That doesn't happen to a lazy person. Or exercising on the sidewalk.. their moods should not override their traits. I think this feature would introduce more diverse Sims, with actual personality.

2. No more checkmark system in Events and Get To Work lots. This one is one that really irritates me as a sandbox player. A small tutorial is fine about how to do daily tasks, and maybe new tasks. A suggested and complete list is fine too, but I don't want it sitting in the corner of my screen like a "to-do" list. Once I learn my job, I should be able to do it, anyway I please. Same with dates. Being told how to have a successful date in a game which focuses exclusively on sandbox play, has been really frustrating.

3. NO more delayed reactions for events. I recently had a married couple with a child. The husband started an affair with a co-worker. When the wife found out, she ended their relationship in divorce. She was completely and utterly heartbroken for days afterward. BUT it took her husband days to even care! I'm not sure if that is intentional or not, but its not realistic. Even if you are with someone else, if your other relationship is ending, you will have some sort of feeling at that time. Maybe I'm thinking too hard about it, but it really bothered me when I played the other day.

(4) I know the op said 3- but I just thought of this one..

No more talking when I've told my Sim to go do something. If I've directed my Sim to put my toddler to bed, I expect them to put my toddler to bed. What normally happens however, is the Sim and the toddler carry on a conversation for several minutes. The action to go to bed gets crossed out, and the adult Sim just walks away... Umm no. Do what I tell you. When I tell you please.

- I also need Seasons.. and cars... even an interactive loading screen would be better than what we have.. a screen which shows your Sim walking to their destination.. a fake open world.. (sigh) I hate the loading screen.. its so bright and blinding..

Over all.. I think TS4 has come a LONG way from when it was first released. Although I will admit my current play time is just over 600 hours. Compared to the 2,000+ hours for TS3. I'd say they have a long way to go still...

OH! And stop using Origin! The ONLY reason I am even on this forum right now, is because Origin won't update (for the zillionith time this year) and I can't play my game!

I think I'm about 1200 hours or so, mainly because I've had a lot of Real Life stuff to deal with (husband's mom died which kept me away for a few months shortly after Cats & Dogs release, for example, or my husband being in and out of the hospital a couple of times). And I'd rather have Origin than a bunch of DRM loaded up on my computer. I wonder if they could set an option that if Origin is down they can load the game in offline mode; you wouldn't be able to access the Gallery (just your home library) but you'd still be able to play your game.

My three items:

1. More conflict, either through traits or other characteristics. More conflicting traits, maybe secondary traits for more customization. For example, for Cats and Dogs what if there was a secondary trait of Cat or Dog Allergies? Suppose you met Mr. or Ms. Right, but find out they're allergic to your cat Fluffikins or your dog Peaches? You'd have to decide whether to put romance ahead of the animals, or you keep the pets and say good bye to the human Sim. Or there should be a lot more conflict between a Good and an Evil Sim, or a Neat and Slob like in the Pancakes household.
    2. A form of story progression: I use MC Command Center which does a great job of wreaking havoc in my saves especially when it comes to babies -- one save Gavin Richards practically impregnated every single Sim in town. Something like that actually built into the game would improve the game quite a bit for those who don't want to add mods, perhaps with some sort of on/off switch or a Low/Medium/High progression selection per save and the ability to exempt household from the progression system (even something as simple as using the My Households feature).
    3. More of everything: more careers, more options in those careers (add "work from home" from CL options to those careers that make sense), more aspirations. More options to help us play our way. Not necessarily more "stuff" though I'd like to see objects like laptops return, but just more options to expand gameplay -- for example with the Jungle Adventure pack, if we had homeschooling you could have an adventurer bring his/her kids along and do homework each day to advance in school.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited February 2018
    1. Personality
    Significant traits (Sims should react differently in term of their traits), if they're enemy with someone they shouldn't interact like friends, what kind of Sims they prefer, favorite food & music, astrological sign, memory

2. Vehicles
    Carpooling to work/school. Be able to own a car, woohoo in & more.

Romantic interactions
    Relax in the bed, kiss in the bed, wheedle in the bed, slow dancing, touch the buttocks, kiss up on the cheek & more.

This a necessity for this game. When I'll get that, I'll be very happy. This game could be really good and he's the most attractive. Make this game big.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    NO OPEN WORLD!! they don't work on lower-end PCs.. Not everyone can afford to buy high-end gaming computers
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I don't think it's as simple as 3 improvements to perfect it.

Sure it is!

1. Scrap it.
    2. Start again, fresh.
    3. Profit!!!

raw
  • Options
    GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    NO OPEN WORLD!! they don't work on lower-end PCs.. Not everyone can afford to buy high-end gaming computers
    Then keep your Sims at home and stop ruining the game for other people.
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I'm so against doing away with EPs in favor of GPs. I'm in favor of improving the EPs and making them worth something.

Low key, I believe that the GPs are demonstrably better as a way of EA trying to wean us off of EPs. The push to get Simmers to prefer packs that are smaller seems to be working.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    The problem with GPs is that since they're roughly half the size of EPs, they only work with ideas that are half the size. See: the new adventure-themed GP (that I only found out about just now), as far as I can tell it's World Adventures stripped down to the tomb raiding part of it.

And World Adventures was a pack that had three new worlds with three new styles, which barely even fit into a single €30 EP. TS4 would have to do three separate GPs to make that work. Now I can definitely see the appeal of that, after all it means they'll be able to flesh all three out properly without cutting corners, but there's plenty of instances where certain ideas will only work as a full EP.

So is the lack of EPs for TS4 a bad thing? I'd say, not really. In fact, part of me wishes TS3 would've had the GPs. They could've made Generations and Showtime GPs, for a start. I'd also have made 70s, 80s and 90s Stuff a GP instead of a meagre SP.

So only if, and when, they decide to turn an idea best suited for a full expansion into a GP instead, will you hear me complain about it.
  • Options
    arbor151arbor151 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'll have a good think about a list later but something that is really annoying me at present is that the emotional control type activities from the base game don't seem to count for the parenting expansion pack. I think trying to calm down by talking to yourself in the mirror ought to count as an activity to redirect negative emotions.
  • Options
    lukeahalukeaha Posts: 360 Member
    Being able to place your own lots.
    Eyelashes in the makeup section.
    Being able to have buildings with and buildings without raised foundation on the same lot.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    1. Make death more meaningful. I have lots of ideas about this archived in the 'Problems with Death in TS4' thread, but basically, make it so that a Sim's reaction to a death isn't dependent on the death happening within their line of sight.
    2. Stop the onslaught of bugs. I haven't played my favourite file since a bug was introduced in November that would destroy my legacy file (resurrecting dead Sims as glitched living Sims). The breaking of such a basic function would not be tolerated in any other AAA title. It's unacceptable that a game I have invested so much into is currently unplayable. The live service method is broken and needs to be changed. Even when a major bug is fixed, it's hard to motivate yourself to play Sims 4 when you know that in a few weeks, it could become unplayable again.
    3. Place your own lots. It's pitiful that TS2 (let alone TS3) far outstrips TS4 in this capacity.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2018
    The problem with GPs is that since they're roughly half the size of EPs, they only work with ideas that are half the size. See: the new adventure-themed GP (that I only found out about just now), as far as I can tell it's World Adventures stripped down to the tomb raiding part of it.

And World Adventures was a pack that had three new worlds with three new styles, which barely even fit into a single €30 EP. TS4 would have to do three separate GPs to make that work. Now I can definitely see the appeal of that, after all it means they'll be able to flesh all three out properly without cutting corners, but there's plenty of instances where certain ideas will only work as a full EP.

So is the lack of EPs for TS4 a bad thing? I'd say, not really. In fact, part of me wishes TS3 would've had the GPs. They could've made Generations and Showtime GPs, for a start. I'd also have made 70s, 80s and 90s Stuff a GP instead of a meagre SP.

So only if, and when, they decide to turn an idea best suited for a full expansion into a GP instead, will you hear me complain about it.
    Showtime had 3 professions, 4 new venues with different statuses, 5 new skills other than the professional careers, a world and a life state. That’s a bit much for a GP isn’t it?

(oh, and Simport but let’s forget about that one :p )
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Showtime had 3 professions, 4 new venues with different statuses, 5 new skills other than the professional careers, a world and a life state. That’s a bit much for a GP isn’t it?
    Did it? I can't say I've ever cared enough to look past the overrated, redundant fame feature that Late Night already did, and better. I know you can be a singer and stuff, and that you can have an agent and go to karaoke bars and have concerts and whatnot but isn't it just all the same? At least you can put a big fence round your house, tell everyone to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off, and get free toaster ovens in Late Night.

You know it really annoys me that they did fame AND vampires twice, but that they never bothered to do an Open for Business-style retail feature once, at least not properly. Get to Work kind of did that in TS4, but still nowhere near as fun or involved as in TS2 where it's basically a whole new game in itself.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Did it? I can't say I've ever cared enough to look past the overrated, redundant fame feature that Late Night already did, and better. I know you can be a singer and stuff, and that you can have an agent and go to karaoke bars and have concerts and whatnot but isn't it just all the same? At least you can put a big fence round your house, tell everyone to plum off, and get free toaster ovens in Late Night.

You know it really annoys me that they did fame AND vampires twice, but that they never bothered to do an Open for Business-style retail feature once, at least not properly. Get to Work kind of did that in TS4, but still nowhere near as fun or involved as in TS2 where it's basically a whole new game in itself.
    I hate the celebrity system tbh, have it disabled ;) I loved the magician and the acrobat, building up their skills and have them perform for real audiences. And the genie is my favourite life state. I do agree with you that once you’ve played out the careers you’re done, but that’s no different in a pack like GTW. I was rather referring to the size, ST contains more than what’s in a GP and I wouldn’t want to miss any of it. Therefore I’m glad it’s an EP and not a GP. Genies I still play, after all those years ;) They’ll never leave my game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    There's genies in TS3? And I didn't know about it? You know what, I really didn't know that and I'm really surprised to only have found out about them after all this time.