Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Steps to installing a expansion pack on mac

What file do I install any Sims 3 expansion pack to on my Mac? I'd appreciate if a SimGuru answered this, and please, step by step! Thanks! :roll:

Puppyspot23

Comments

• Options
    ghiasappifanieghiasappifanie Posts: 140 Member
    edited January 2011
    You install the expansion packs the same way you installed the base game. Put in the disc, follow the directions, enter the registration code when prompted.
  • Options
    puppyspot23puppyspot23 Posts: 198
    edited January 2011
    You install the expansion packs the same way you installed the base game. Put in the disc, follow the directions, enter the registration code when prompted.

Yes, but what folder do I install the expansion packs to?
  • Options
    lilcasslilcass Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited January 2011
    Sims 3 folder
  • Options
    ghiasappifanieghiasappifanie Posts: 140 Member
    edited January 2011

Yes, but what folder do I install the expansion packs to?

If you didn't mess with the options when you installed the main game, it created it's own Sims 3 folder. The expansion packs will install into the same folder.
  • Options
    Heather8900Heather8900 Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    I had the same issue because I messed with the folder, just look at the top right corner hit the magnifying glass type in Sims 3 and find the folder then click it and take it from there. :D
  • Options
    mimichescamimichesca Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    hey guys
    i brought the sims 3 pets expansion pack about 3 weeks ago and today i brought sims 3 generations expansion pack,i have downloaded the new expansion pack fine but now when i go to play on it it doesn't work it says unidentified issue and then when i press ok it just go's of!
    does anybody know how to make it work because i really want to play on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    aaron0424aaron0424 Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    I am trying to install supernatural and when I go to put it in the sims3 folder it will ned let me. I have been trying to install it for 2 hours. very frustrating
  • Options
    10485671048567 Posts: 2
    edited October 2012
    :evil: I've had this problem before repeatedly and what i used to do is drag the sims 3 into applications and then select the applications folder and then choose applications when it asks for the file but this is no longer working. Any suggestions? PLEASE??? :!:
  • Options
    Jessicamaizer14Jessicamaizer14 Posts: 2
    edited May 2014
    I NEED HELP!!!! i just bought sims 3 pets but not as a disk, just as a download. i redeemed my code and its even in my list of games i set up. when u press sims it says i need a disk. so i put in sims back to the future and i cant play pets from that. plus every time i download sims straight from the dowloader launcher it undownloads immediately.
  • Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited May 2014
    I NEED HELP!!!! i just bought sims 3 pets but not as a disk, just as a download. i redeemed my code and its even in my list of games i set up. when u press sims it says i need a disk. so i put in sims back to the future and i cant play pets from that. plus every time i download sims straight from the dowloader launcher it undownloads immediately.

I'm not completely sure I understood this. Did you buy Pets from Origin or Steam? I don't know anything about Steam, but if you bought from Origin, you need to have Origin installed on your system in order to download and install the EP. Chances are your entire issue is covered in these threads: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/748338.page
  • Options
    2018leb2018leb Posts: 1 New Member
    when I try to download a expansion pack it doesn't goto sims 3. something odd. so do I put it in sims 3 folder? im going to try that. cause I have had the unknown error. been trying to fix that, but can't remember how I fixed that the last time I had the error. by the way I have a Mac. thanks for messaging back if you can.
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Did you read the Mac User's Best Friend guide stickied at the top of this section? It has all the answers or links to the guides online that do.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.