Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Threads for New Members (TS3)

igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
edited February 2018 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
Was going to post a reply in-line, but maybe this is a better place. The stickied thread I agree is a good idea to improve visibility, but can we have one in both places maybe or am I being greedy? :)

@EA_Mage or @EA_Lanna This thread got moved from Sims 3 tech to Gen discussions. This is a tech thread and we have no idea why it was moved. This thread will get lost and disappear if it gets left in Gen Discussions. Thanks!
I was puzzled by this too, but it's not a bad idea to have a stickied thread on both boards if the moderators are okay with that. One for in-game questions and one (historically this one) for tech?
o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
NRaas has moved!
Our new site is at http://nraas.net

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited February 2018
    @igazor I had edited my post to add, we do need one thread in tech otherwise we may get new accounts necroing old threads for tech help more often than we do now

Edit NVM. I thought this was the new members thread. I now see you started a new thread in feedback for TS3 tech section suggestions . This threw me off
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    @igazor and @phoebebebe13

I moved the thread back to Tech where it is stickied. As for a New Member thread in The Sims 3 GD, I don't really need for it, but we will keep an eye out for an increase in necros in The Sims 3 GD and reevaluate if needed.

Thanks,
    -Mage
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2018
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    @igazor and @phoebebebe13

I moved the thread back to Tech where it is stickied. As for a New Member thread in The Sims 3 GD, I don't really need for it, but we will keep an eye out for an increase in necros in The Sims 3 GD and reevaluate if needed.

Thanks,
    -Mage
    Thank you!

The suggestion for two threads was really more for increased visibility, not so much that we would expect New Members to tell the difference between "Why aren't my sims' waffles tasty enough" vs. "Hi, I'm having a .NET activation issue after the last Win 10 update" or something like that, and instinctively know where to post each one. So I could see where two threads could create unnecessary overlap to some extent anyway. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    waf03jfzopow.gif

Agreed! We can always change our mind down the line :smiley:

-Mage
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Thank you! :)