Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Console controls

Comments

• plus1Diamondplus1Diamond Posts: 25 Member
    > @Turtle_World said:
    > How do I keep my needs menu up or in my restaurant how do I keep my resturan tab open?

Which console are you on? On PS4 I open the needs menu & push the R3 trigger to keep it open. I don't have the Dine Out pack yet, but if the restaurant tab is in the same area as the other menus then pushing R3 should also help to keep it open.
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    How do I keep my needs menu up or in my restaurant how do I keep my resturan tab open?

If you are on PS4, press the right stick when the tab is open to lock it.
  • drmarshall15_drmarshall15_ Posts: 1 New Member
    For Xbox one
    How do you do auto windows on a room? I choose the window I want and typically you would press RB to paint or tile an entire room so I figured it would be the same for Windows but it's not

Also I've done it twice by moving the cursor a lot over the 'by room' but I haven't since, the cursor just refuses it go over the selections
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Agree
    If you use the fulleditmode cheat should work for you. I use it more as a fix for sims instead of thinking of it as a cheat.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Agree
    If you use the fulleditmode cheat should work for you. I use it more as a fix for sims instead of thinking of it as a cheat.

That is considered a cheat? So does it prevent you from doing the achievements?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    Agree

Yes.
  • QuinkerdinkQuinkerdink Posts: 3 New Member
    I have Sims4 on Xbox1. When I am in build mode and want to delete multiple items how do I do that? It is only letting me delete one thing at a time! Thank you
  • QuinkerdinkQuinkerdink Posts: 3 New Member
    I have Sims4 on Xbox1. When I am in build mode and want to delete multiple items how do I do that? It is only letting me delete one thing at a time! On the computer version you can drag the sledgehammer and highlight an area that you want to delete how do I do that on Xbox1? Thank you
    edited February 2018
    floralney wrote: »
    Agree

Yes.

How?

I still think of it as a fix.

Agree

I meant to me sweetie. Just how I see it when I want to make a premade more to my liking. But yes of course it is a cheat.

• floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    Agree

Yes.

How?

Well, it can be a fix but it still disables trophies.
    Agree

Yes.

How?

Well, it can be a fix but it still disables trophies.

yes it can. to
    really :#
    which trophies please?

it can be a fix for how they look, dress, and to change traits ect ect...

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Agree

I meant to me sweetie. Just how I see it when I want to make a premade more to my liking. But yes of course it is a cheat.
    I only asked because I don't consider going into CAS a actual cheat that wouldn't let you get achievements in the game. That is usually how I change my sims clothes and add like skin details when they turn teens.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • LesPantalonsFancieLesPantalonsFancie Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi
  • LesPantalonsFancieLesPantalonsFancie Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi!

Is there a way to extend the overhang on just one side of a roof on PS4?
  • FunkyFrshFunkyFrsh Posts: 1 New Member
    Is there a way to auto-follow a SIM on XBOX 1? On the PC, you can right-click on the small portrait to have the camera follow the sim.
  • Faye_ButtonsFaye_Buttons Posts: 16 Member
    FunkyFrsh wrote: »
    Is there a way to auto-follow a SIM on XBOX 1? On the PC, you can right-click on the small portrait to have the camera follow the sim.

Yes, press in the right joystick and the camera icon will appear over the sims avatar
  • sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    Is there a way to put freeze and trims on just one section of wall like there is on the PC version?
  • HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
    Are the controls easier now? I would like to buy this for my Xbox.
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    HueyJefe wrote: »
    Are the controls easier now? I would like to buy this for my Xbox.

They're the same, and they might seem a bit difficult in the beginning but you get used to them in no time.
  • HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
    [quote="JPNeko;c-16380231"][quote="HueyJefe;c-16379741"]Are the controls easier now? I would like to buy this for my Xbox. [/quote]

They're the same, and they might seem a bit difficult in the beginning but you get used to them in no time.
    [/quote]

My Xbox Live subscription just expired lol so this $40 purchase just turned into a $90 one smh
  • Rockstar042189Rockstar042189 Posts: 7 New Member
    [quote="marybby010;c-16269548"]I was wondering about the ability to move objects up and down again, for one game session I had figured it out on Xbox one holding RT & LT and the up arrow (similar to resizing) would move objects up but I tried again just now and it won't work [/quote]

You have to enable cheats for it to work at least i did... Hope this helps
  • Lady_LeneaLady_Lenea Posts: 6 New Member
    > @Kody_kay151 said:
    > Honestly all i want is for the game to support direct control & co-op like it did on the sims 2 for ps2, that was when i had the most fun IMO.

SimmytheSim has created an open source to the mod he has been working on for muliplayer. it can be found on reddit his tag is thepancake1 but it is not ready for co-op use.
  • mabs95mabs95 Posts: 2 New Member
    THE SIMS 4 - XBOX ONE -

In case anyone is having the same issue as I was;

Issue: when in build mode/buy mode, I would place an object but not be able to adjust straight away. I would have to select ‘B’ multiple times to get back to the ‘free play’ mode to then select the item again to edit/adjust it.

Solution: use the toggle menus/game button and it will switch between the free play mode and the mode you were using last (build or objects).

I hope this helps anyone who had the same issue as me!! Happy Siming!! ✨
  • mabs95mabs95 Posts: 2 New Member
    THE SIMS 4 - XBOX ONE

ISSUE: I can’t seem to be able to add any floor patterns to the platform that’s added once I add stairs to a foundation (on the outside of the house). It’s driving me bonkers having a deck/entry way with 2 different floor patterns and having to try and match the floor patterns when I’m pretty sure the patterns aren’t an option.

Any one have any solutions? Thank you!