Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• sirsir Posts: 19 Member
    I like Sims 4 quite a lot but there's some things I'd like to see going forward:

Sims eating and bathing/showering much faster. The amount of game time used for these functions is very disproportionate to the time used for other activities.

Being able to set toddler beds to 1, 2, 3, or 4. Toddlers may sleep a lot but usually not in one long nighttime stretch - they take naps.

New animations in game play rather than just "stuff". Playing Sims should be about the Sims and not just building and decorating (which I admittedly also like doing). But I think the game could be more animated. Some of new animations I like to see would have random responses and are:

The culinary career added to Get To Work with the sims interacting in a kitchen with animations changing with career advances.

Toddlers able to make and eat mud pies (animated reaction to doing so).

Toddlers and Kids able to play patty cake for fun.

Every age able to play peekaboo with toddlers and toddlers randomly reacting to it (surprised/happy/laughing/bored/confused/crying).

Kids being able to cook. Okay they're shorter -- so have put a low stool to step on by the grill/stove top/grill to do the actual cooking. They don't need a stool for the oven.

Kids being able to play/learn all musical instruments. childhood is when most musicians start.

Ballet - barre, practicing and dancing for all ages and genders. leotards, tights, unitards (men) and tutus included. A ballet school with a mean ancient crone for a teacher would be nice addition.

Swimming (all ages) with different swim strokes, variety of dives (cannonball to swan) and the sims getting a lot more fun from the activity than they do now. It seems odd that you build a big beautiful pool for your sim and they'd rather slide on a water slide mat. Diving board, floaties, inflatable pool loungers, etc.

Random outbreaks of conga lines in social group situations - festivals, arts/clubs, restaurants.

And any activity from Sims 1 Studio Town - Video, TV, Film, Recording, Photo Shoots, etc - those where all really fun and being able to redecorate the sets was great as well.

Other past things that would help liven and animate Sims 4 include - Mechanical Bull, Charades, Fashion Show, Rocking Horse, Swing set.

Whatever new animations you do decide to add please include multiple possible reactions/outcomes and have them the responses be randomly selected. Sim players like to have control but we also want to be surprised as well sometimes.
  • Smol_PuffinSmol_Puffin Posts: 2 New Member
    Suggestion

I would love that if in CAS we could set the sims pronouns, so if we are playing a trans sim we can set their preferred pronoun without them having to physically change genders, also it be cool if it included gender neutral pronouns as well like They/They Ze/Hir Ze/Zir Xe/Zhe ect. I think this would add a huge amount of diversity to the game play and allow for more in depth gameplay

Also:
    I think if a sim wins the spicy curry challenge they should auto get the spice hound trait since they made it through the spiciest dish.
  • ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    edited January 2018
    columns are RIDICULOUSLY difficult to place on the outside of the house above the ground floor. oh, I also think that, with the pentagonal, hexagonal, and octagonal roofs, we should be able to scale them horizontally and vertically, not just diagonally like pools. if they only scale diagonally, they keep the exact same proportion, and sometimes we don't want that. like right now as I'm building a mansion. -_-'
    Post edited by Reitanna on
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member
    I really wish we had the ability to paint the ceilings!!
  • kyler1268kyler1268 Posts: 1 New Member
    Things I like as of 2018:

1: Multiple expansions allow new outfits and styles to decor
    2: Towns can interact together
    3: Wide variety of jobs / career options
    4: Vampires (With ability's)
    5: Realistic details and effects both on sims and in scenery

Things I don't like or think should be updated in 2018:

1: No seasons or weather diffrence
    2: Not all jobs have the option to go to work / edit your workplace (example: the painter should be able to create there own art studio EXT...)
    3: Unable to control the animal sims (Personally i just think it would be a fun option to be able to choose what the pets do sometimes)
    4: NO CARS!
    5: Slow interactions between sims after building a huge house (before anyone ask what my stats are my cpu and graphics and Ram are well within the recommended specs and this issue occurs with mods and without them, personally i think its when the path-finding element of the game has to many things to deal with at once it creates a physical delay while the rest of the game behind the interacting sims runs normally, as well the problem becomes more prevalent when games speed is adjusted beyond the bounds of normal speed (Without mods I.E. the fast forward button)

personally I think that the Sims 4 Team is doing a great job with the latest updates and patches however these following issues should be worked on to gives players of The Sims the premium experience they have been counting on over the years.
  • meetkitty123meetkitty123 Posts: 524 Member
    I have to say before toddlers I didn't care for the sims4 at all. Now that toddlers are in I play it more often. I "like" the game however I don't "love" it. I appreciate the new interactions between sims which make for better game play never seen in previous game however I miss the
    *free travel (open world)
    *cars
    *free coloring chart designing tool during builds or buys.
    Lately I been having many problems with loosing my butler. I have to constantly be checking to make sure shes on the lot and save often or the game replaces her with another. If I allow this to happen my game will be down to just one butler for all families. It would be better if we had a
    *choice to choose hired help by random or from a list of known friends/family/acquaintances.
    because of this loosing of my butler I recently lost over an hour and a half of work. I lost my butler and just refused to save. it happen after coming back from cas I had a pre-existing vamp. I customized both her human and vamp outfits choosing 4-5 outfit for each category per personality. Now The looks is lost sure I can save the family to the galley but it doesn't help because we cant copy a look. I still would have to manually create each look all over again... so this leads to my next request
    *choice of editing makeup and outfits in game without loading screen
    *A WAY TO SAVE/CLONE ONLY THE STYLES LOOKS OUTFITS MAKEUP ETC OF ANY SIM TO A PRE-EXISTING SIM! This last would save a lot of time and headaches!
    SENIOR POLLINATION TECHNICIAN #3 DOWNLOADS:
    ORIGINAL: https://goo.gl/ux61nn REMODELED: https://goo.gl/pcJwsN
    MY GALLERY ---> https://bit.ly/2N5kp8y <----

a0933d0f-c078-40f1-8aa9-1f6adbbd24d3-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • BestiariusBestiarius Posts: 2 New Member
    I mostly build in The Sims, so I'm extremely happy about the fact we now have more roofing options. Still, some features Sims 3 had would be great, like:
    - mansard roofs
    - ladders
    - spiral stars
    - cars

I'm also very disappointed that you can't sing classical music (or opera), even though it is available on the radio, it can be played on instruments. I think a singing career would be an amazing thing to have too.

I also think adding rounded walls would be a great improvement for those who build a lot.
  • ember1991ember1991 Posts: 1 New Member
    I just want to know how to post a new thread so I can get a question answered. How the heck do you put the laundry away. The dryer doesn't give me the option. Just unload and put down which means it goes on the floor. Then when I click on the pile on the floor all I can do is put in inventory, the hamper or back in the washer. If I put it in the hamper it wants me to wash it again. If I put it in my inventory it wants me to either put it down or back in my washer. I am about to give up and say it is the worst of the stuff packs so far. I may stick to just getting the game packs and eps and forget about stuff packs if I can't figure this out.
  • AnnaLoo91AnnaLoo91 Posts: 63 Member
    More Baby Interactions

I know this is something that probably cannot be addressed in Sims 4, but if Sims 5 comes out, I really want this to be addressed.

I mean, is anyone else sick of getting the same old, same old with babies? Like, it's been years now, it’s about time we get some decent interactions at this point. Most people have a baby sim, and would rather them immediately be toddlers sooner than later.

Why?

Because the babies are generally bedridden in their cradles, and that’s completely unrealistic for babies, not to mention boring! Sure, babies sleep a lot and eat too, but that’s not ALL there is to them for goodness sake! We have so many other options we can add on to make having babies and keeping them babies for some time, actually worth it. As of now, I find them far more of a headache than not. So I’ve compiled a list of ideas that can be done for babies, so that they could easily be far more interactive and fun to have in the game!

Give the sim parents the option of playing with their baby. And I don’t’ just mean having them cuddle and hold up in the air, only to put them back in their crib. I mean allow them to sit down on the couch together in their laps, watching kiddie shows for babies who need a distraction.

I’m talking about being able to play with them on a baby blanket, giving them a rattle, or being able to shake the rattle for them and them gain social interaction from the mommy or daddy because of it.

When your sim baby becomes a toddler, they immediately already know how to crawl and their next step is learning to walk. Guess what sim babies can learn to do? Crawl! (and if your sim baby learns to crawl in the baby stage, maybe this can help them in the toddler stage, like they can learn to walk faster because of it).

One of the joys in being a parent is your baby finally being able to roll over (which is something else they can learn to do), and then crawl. Once the baby can crawl, they can try getting into stuff within reach, and that will give more interaction options. Like maybe the baby accidentally gets a boo boo depending on if they got into something not so nice, and if the baby has some moodlets like toddlers do, they can be sad, and an older sim can help them feel better by kissing the boo boo or something like that, which will boost both moods and relationships.

Have the baby be going through teething at some point, giving them a “teething moodlet” so they are hurting and sad, and a sim can give them a teething ring (which they can put in the freezer to make it better for them), and that helps make the baby happier. Give the “babies first teeth” moodlet, and that boosts the relationships with parents and the baby can be relived their tooth is in now.

Once that happens, the baby can begin eating food other than just milk. They can start on applesauce and soft foods like that.

Give parents the option to put a baby in a stroller and go for a walk, this gives the baby an outdoors moodlet. If pets are around, maybe depending on the babies personality, they will either be scared of a pet, or be happy its around.

Give babies more toys. Give them a baby swing with music, give them a play mat to learn to crawl. Give them soft toys to play with while on a mat, etc.

I can probably think of more things later, or maybe you guys have more options, but I think its high time the sims series gives us way more for babies, because they have far more potential than what they have right now, the sims 2 had nice options, but we need those back on top of far more at this point in the series.
    PromSig.png
    Zest Family Spawn: Promise Zest.
  • RavenTenmaRavenTenma Posts: 1 New Member
    Even after all this time, I still wish they would make a supernatural pack, with witches powers and different stuff like that. I know we have vampires but I still want more supernatural stuff like in Sims 3. Supernatural pack had always been my favorite and I miss it in Sims 4.
  • ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    I think if you guys gave us a "Seasons" expansion, you could build a game pack around that which included seasonal clothing and items such as - umbrellas, raincoats, goulashes, winter coats & hats, etc.

Plus give our sims the ability to build snowmen or make snow angels, maybe even a new world where we can go skiing like at a ski lodge. Who knows, maybe even an abominable snowman that our sims would have to avoid while out skiing at the lodge.

There are so many possibilities and things you could do with that.
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • shaybellahshaybellah Posts: 2 New Member
    I tried the Sims 4, and promptly went back to Sims 3. Occasionally, I'll try it again, and remind myself why this fails to satisfy.

I love the CAS object sorting. - I want it in the Sims 3!
    I despise the limited color / style selection. Total game killer. The folks at EA and I do NOT share the same taste in colors (or maybe it's just differences in the adjustments to our monitors' color display). Either way, there's very little in the base game that seemed worth looking at for longer than the time it took to go "Ick" and click over to something else.

The building tweaks were a wash for me. While adding in things like adjustable height walls added interest, it also complicated picking doors and windows. And did I mention the limited palettes? Blarg.

I really like the ability to add individual items to the Sims 3 and that is simply lacking in the Sims 4.

What happened to the open game world? It's claustrophobic.

The emotions system in 4 versus the moodlets of 3, well, they're different. How different, I never got far enough to really try out because as beautiful as the animation in 4 is, that lack of personalizing styles leaves me with choices I find repulsive or too boring and bland. I don't play Sims for visual boredom.

I figured I'd wait to see if EA brought back some of the things that Sims 3 did well, like the Supernatural Expansion or the Store, and, well, I'm still waiting.
  • nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    shaybellah wrote: »
    I tried the Sims 4, and promptly went back to Sims 3. Occasionally, I'll try it again, and remind myself why this fails to satisfy.

I despise the limited color / style selection. Total game killer. The folks at EA and I do NOT share the same taste in colors (or maybe it's just differences in the adjustments to our monitors' color display). Either way, there's very little in the base game that seemed worth looking at for longer than the time it took to go "Ick" and click over to something else.

The building tweaks were a wash for me. While adding in things like adjustable height walls added interest, it also complicated picking doors and windows. And did I mention the limited palettes? Blarg.

I really like the ability to add individual items to the Sims 3 and that is simply lacking in the Sims 4.

The emotions system in 4 versus the moodlets of 3, well, they're different. How different, I never got far enough to really try out because as beautiful as the animation in 4 is, that lack of personalizing styles leaves me with choices I find repulsive or too boring and bland. I don't play Sims for visual boredom.

I figured I'd wait to see if EA brought back some of the things that Sims 3 did well, like the Supernatural Expansion or the Store, and, well, I'm still waiting.

Shaybellah, I'm with you. Sims 4 just isn't fun, especially since I came from Sims 1, Sims 2 and Sims 3 respectively. Sims 2's emotions are in my honest opinion, the superior ones with 3 coming in a close second. The sims 4's emotions... there's really no differences. The biggest issue is that they tied emotions in with objects as well.

The art style is too... cartoony for my tastes. It is way way more cartoony than even sims 2 ever was. But as for build mode, the lots claim they are sizes we see in sims 2 and 3, but they feel far more cramped and not really able to incorporate everything I'd want in a single lot. Sims 4 cut too many corners as it was originally going to be an online mmo sims game, but someone panicked when they won 2 worse company in america awards for their SimCity fiasco and rebranded it as sims 4.

What's causing the cramped feel for me, is the fact that the lots aren't just smaller, but the walls and everything is so much larger. The few good features added to build mod and the new cas, don't make up for the fact sims 4 was never meant to be a single player game, and they should of, instead of rebranding an online failed sims title as a single player sequel, which the sims 4 is the child that the other sims games look at and all "You sure they are part of our family?" and instead, took what was good in sims 2 and sims 3, and worked on a new engine altogether that combined the best features into a completely new game, not rebrand an online social media game.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • CaliiiCaliii Posts: 1 New Member
    Bought the game a few days ago on sale. Was building a house the first couple times I played and didn't notice it to be too buggy during live mode.

However, now that I'm playing exclusively in Live mode (also since the most recent update? can't tell what to blame) this game is full of bugs to the point of not wanting to play it anymore. Sims get stuck in random activities like filling a bathtub or opening the mailbox for hours, I have the pets & dogs expansion and 50% of the interactions with pets seem to cause further freezing, with me sitting for ten minutes of real time trying to force a vet visit to end.

Just terrible, please fix this!
  • kimieswildroseskimieswildroses Posts: 116 Member
    Have you tried to do a repair? Right click on your Sims4 icon and do a repair. Sometimes when i am having a lot of issues this helps.
  • RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    I was wondering if at some point in the future we could have the choice to add our own thumbnail for a save file instead of the auto generated family image? Similar to how we could add our own image to a Sims 2 neighbourhood save instead of the scrolling video.

The reason I ask is because I share my game with my daughter who is an alt-aholic and has a lot of different saves and it can be hard to pick mine out from the crowd. (Yes I am putting a limit on that but she's always going to have more files than me as that's her playstyle.)
    Also because in one of my main saves I must have been having a look at some of the families I don't normally play with because it used a family picture which I didn't recognise and at a glance dismissed as one of her many saves and then had a mini heart attack when I couldn't see the thumbnail I was expecting. I thought she had accidentally overwritten it (which has happened in the past.) until I clicked slowly through them all and found the right file name.

We normally add our initials to our saves so we can click through and see which file is which but being able to use my own image that stays the same regardless of which household I last played would really help me to see things at a glance.
    iscQh5U.png
  • LucifersPoisonLucifersPoison Posts: 1 New Member
    I need a music stuff pack! Like Sims 3 late night, with electric guitars 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and drums. I'm not a fan of the travel loading screen as i much preferred the sims 3 layout, but the rest of the game makes up for it :)
  • damageincracingdamageincracing Posts: 275 Member

Boring is how I'd describe Sims4. Utterly, mind numbingly, abysmally boring...
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member

Boring is how I'd describe Sims4. Utterly, mind numbingly, abysmally boring...

Then you haven't played the Murkland Challenge....maybe.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I wanted to finally write my love letter give my feedback on the game now that it's progressed with packs. I played the first two sims game and skipped the third after only trying the base game and being disappointed in it so I'm speaking from that experience.

I've been very happy with this game since I opened it. The artstyle blew me away. The multitasking was something I would actually dream about since playing sims 1 along with other things...I wish they could do this .. or do that.. type thoughts. I loved the worlds also in this new game where sims walked around and it felt so alive and I felt very close to my sim(s) ..like I was part of the family. The sims seemed easier to handle and more enjoyable to play in general also, so I didn't need to cheat. The content was more than enough to explore at that time. I'm not much of a builder so everything that was there on release was more than I could have hoped for in a base game. The gallery was a click away also when I didn't feel like attempting that sort of creation on my own. That was another first for me also.. the sheer ease of putting things into my game.

Fast forward and now it's years in. I'm still in love with my game. I don't play it everyday... but when I'm there.. I'm there and engaged. I know more about what was missing from other simmers but I think because I did not play the sims for some time.. it didn't matter to me because I was focusing on or trying to focus on enjoying it and what they did right with it.

Are there things I dislike.. yeah. Bugs and glitches. I'm talking bugs too, not play that has been designed in a different way this time around. I must be lucky though or find my way around them quickly because they don't put me off the game. Any that have been serious "oh no's" for me have been patched within a few months.. sometimes in an emergency patch. I have had to figure new ways to play at times or even have had to wipe households I felt were corrupted somehow because they started glitching up but I've always found work arounds. I have to say though I'm impressed with the patches. I think they are speedy and focused for the most part. And the free content that often comes with them is something to cheer about as a customer.

The reason I felt like writing this feedback now is because I've realized lately just how much of the game and especially the life states I play with now.... and actually fully enjoy playing with. Content I didn't enjoy playing with in past games.. or content I only played with for a short time in the past, and really more as a challenge than what I think of as enjoyable gameplay. It takes me a long time to warm up to new content especially if it doesn't fit how I'm playing when it's released. I might be excited about the concept but still drag my heels on including it in my game. I've finally included most of it though to the point I feel I can give feedback that really ends up being an expression of gratitude.

I have to say toddlers are wonderful.. I know I'm late to the game and I did dabble with them long enough to know they were the cutest things ever shortly after they came out. I'm playing with them now though .. pretty regularly. Day to day play in rotation with families I've created and it's amazing to me that I actually can enjoy doing it. Pets also in the same ways now, well thought out.. the gameplay is figuring them out. I had always left PETS out of my re-install line up in the first two games because I had been there done that and having them messing up yards and giving sims that didn't own pets wasn't enjoyable to me. I don't worry with that now.
    I noticed when ghosts came out that I really enjoyed them played with them and did so regularly for a year. I may be one of the few that articulates loving them (could they have more animations unique to their being?.. yes.) I actually put off playing with GTW because I was still enjoying ghosts. When I did finally start playing with GTW it was alien love lol.. and the science career and at least 6 months goes by while new content is coming in and I'm still enjoying aliens and the stories I'm telling with them. I had things happen to make me step away from the sims and truly enjoying it or anything for a bit so I never really got into vampires at least not enough to enjoy them for them. However with all the accolades that pack received though I know it's just a matter of time before I fully immerse myself into a vampire household and not just use them as victims for their human counterparts (but that's gameplay too right?). Either way I'm certain I'll enjoy vamps fully at some point.

I guess the conclusion of this feedback is I have faith now.. solid faith in the future of this game. Not just lip service combined with hope because I was enjoying what I had. I've enjoyed it as it came and I'm looking forward to whats coming.
    So thanks to the team from this simmer. It feels small to say but it's meant truly. You've created a game I've really enjoyed and know I will continue to enjoy for many years to come.

egTcBMc.png
  • godslittleangelgodslittleangel Posts: 13 New Member
    I love the game so far but am sad that so much from the game that we had in 3 is missing. I would love it if you could bring back the ability to travel from home to a store without the loading screen. And if you could put more options for stairs, fences, gate, columns, spandlers and toddler beds. Give back the ability to ride bikes (including for toddlers with the use of trikes) and the ability to make your own patterns in game would be really nice. I really like solid color for clothes and walls so being stuck with patterned wall isn't very fun. And having the trim for walls be off white or a sick brown doesn't look good for me at all and I hope that a expansion pack, or game pack will bring back the different seasons, holidays, and supernatural creatures like witches, werewolves having elves be cool. And going along with the ability to follow your sim to work being able to follow your sim child to school would be great too. Hopefully these ideas help and might even be something you like and are willing to add to the game. Thank you for your time.
  • JhembrynJhembryn Posts: 1 New Member
    Something that's been frustrating me lately... I keep getting prompted in Whims to purchase things I already have. Not sure if that was a new introduced bug or something, because I don't remember that happening up until just recently.
  • chrissy123456789chrissy123456789 Posts: 11 New Member
    I'm not sure where to put this comment, but it's feedback for TS4 team that I think needs to be fixed in the next patch. In the Movie Hang Out Stuff Pack the rectangular table won't allow me to change the swatch on it from the preset one no matter what I do. I'm not sure if anyone else is having the same problem or not, but it's been like that since I've got the stuff pack on sale in December 2017.
  • RadicalMissyMRadicalMissyM Posts: 41 Member
    I don't know if this is the right place for this kind of question, but a friend has the Sims 4 and they have black and white bash, and incognito costume party plus a lot more, but mine only has a house party, dinner party, wedding, and birthday party. Did they get a special pack or something, I asked, but they didn't know.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I just noticed that my Sim feels uncomfortable for an entire 4 hours after eating a microwave dinner. I feel that is way too long. Also, no matter how good and upgraded the microwave oven is, my Sim always gets uncomfortable eating food prepared in it. What is the point of microwave oven quality and upgrading if it doesn't provide a better experience? I fail to see this. And, as far as I know, microwave food can be decent enough, filling AND warm in the middle. I hope to see this adjusted in the future.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted