Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is what I get for thinking about vampires

LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
Longest I've played a sim in an apartment. Needed screen shot sfor story telling purposes and was thinking beforehand how I never really see vampires lurking at your front door. Oh, but soon as Aamani got home and went to bed this fool showed up.
4gJsuLR.png
Caleb I thought you were suppose to be a good vampire, not creepin' like Vlad does.

Had Aamani get up and she was irritable about not getting any sleep, so she ended up telling Caleb off who was creepin to Jaamil's door then he decided to just sit down and try to chat with her as she gave him the 'eye' across the room. Not too pleased. Asked him to leave and he creeps on out.
y80Mq5o.png
OrrBDkt.png

All good right? NOPE. She went to bed and what did Caleb do? CREEP RIGHT BACK IN.
bRvAwRK.png

Jaamil's door was locked so he was hissing back and forth before I forgot I didn't lock HER door and it was all too late.

twUboHQ.png

My sims didn't talk to vampires much debate their existance to my knowing, since they would never come at all. Maybe I triggered it by subconsciously thinking about it. XD
5vJrxmT.png

Comments

• joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    LOL! This was fun.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited February 2018
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    My sims didn't talk to vampires much debate their existance to my knowing, since they would never come at all. Maybe I triggered it by subconsciously thinking about it.

I think the whole "vampire triggering" thing is a myth. I've had sims who never talked to vampires, never talked about vampires, never read up on vampires and they were visited at night by a vampire. I've had other sims who read about vampires, talk to vampires, talk about vampires, even visited multiple vampires in their homes, invited vampires inside the house and they still never got a late night vampire attack. Haven't seen any concrete evidence that there are actual "triggers" despite speculation in the forums.

But the timing of your run-in was pretty funny :wink:
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    My main save has lots of vampires and lots of people that are friends with said vampires. Attacks have not happened for a very long time, however I know they do still try. Sometimes I see them creeping up in advance but then decide to turn back and leave, bc there's at least one Sim still awake in the household.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2018
    Longest I've played a sim in an apartment. Needed screen shot sfor story telling purposes and was thinking beforehand how I never really see vampires lurking at your front door. Oh, but soon as Aamani got home and went to bed this fool showed up.
    4gJsuLR.png
    Caleb I thought you were suppose to be a good vampire, not creepin' like Vlad does.

Had Aamani get up and she was irritable about not getting any sleep, so she ended up telling Caleb off who was creepin to Jaamil's door then he decided to just sit down and try to chat with her as she gave him the 'eye' across the room. Not too pleased. Asked him to leave and he creeps on out.
    y80Mq5o.png
    OrrBDkt.png

All good right? NOPE. She went to bed and what did Caleb do? CREEP RIGHT BACK IN.
    bRvAwRK.png

Jaamil's door was locked so he was hissing back and forth before I forgot I didn't lock HER door and it was all too late.

twUboHQ.png

My sims didn't talk to vampires much debate their existance to my knowing, since they would never come at all. Maybe I triggered it by subconsciously thinking about it. XD

Kind of random.... but is that bed CC? xD I like it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    @JimG72. Ah ha, really I think I just have unusual luck. It's usually ALWAYS Glad when there is an attack, but I never got the intro to vampires with a visit from him when I have sims in an apartment first time I got one in the city. I TRIED to wake up the other sim but it took him two sim hours to get up and the deed was done. :#

@Sigzy05. It is actually. Forgot I had downloaded some MM bedding the bed part and the bottom are both separated. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    In my current game, vampires are knocking on the door almost every night. I just ignore them.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    there's a bit of a difference between vampires knocking on your door at night (they're doing the same random 'i want to say hello' as non-vampire sims do during the day) and them storming into your sim's house to drink plasma. the first is an attempt to be friendly (and happens more often if someone in the household actually knows the vampire), the second is...very much not friendly

i have a feeling that some of the people who had complained about 'vampire invasions' in the past were confusing the two, or not realizing there was a (big) difference
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    They sometimes knock on my door. But the first one is always Vlad and I know if I invite him in then in couple days he will come back and attack my sim at night. I think the possibility of vampire knocking increases when you live in Forgotten Hollow because like every night I have a vampire at my door.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member

OrrBDkt.png

This screenshot had me in stitches! The vampires are so funny :lol:
    My sims sort of ignore the vampires, so they never talk about them or search for information. I had one family that was sort of stalked by one (without doing anything that supposedly triggers it). He came by every night (until I made him "disappear"), other households never see one.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    4gJsuLR.png

Also kinda random, but why is that mirror sticking through the wall? I’m curious xD
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,648 Member
    i just recently got vampires. i haven't had one invade my house at night so far. from this discussion, seems it's because my sim never sleeps at night.

enjoyed your story. thanx for sharing.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »
    4gJsuLR.png

Also kinda random, but why is that mirror sticking through the wall? I’m curious xD

Lol I had BB.move objects on when I was placing a mirror in the bathroom was moving stuff around I legit forgot about it til I noticed it in the screen shot. :#
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    there's a bit of a difference between vampires knocking on your door at night (they're doing the same random 'i want to say hello' as non-vampire sims do during the day) and them storming into your sim's house to drink plasma. the first is an attempt to be friendly (and happens more often if someone in the household actually knows the vampire), the second is...very much not friendly

i have a feeling that some of the people who had complained about 'vampire invasions' in the past were confusing the two, or not realizing there was a (big) difference

Nope, no confusion at all on the part of this simmer. They were definitely invading my sims' home and draining them of their life force. Had a definite impact on their career progression. And as for the Vamps that knock on your door at night they are way more obsessive than your daytime visitors. I wouldn't use the word friendly about either, because they will attack on another night.

Stop trying to deny that the NPC vampires are waay more aggressive in the Sims 4 and that behaviour was unexpected and unwelcome by those of us who played the earlier versions of the game.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i've played every iteration of the sims, so am included in 'those of us who played the earlier versions of the game'. and rather disliked the sims 3 vampires (supernatural version was slightly better than night life. very slightly). sorry to spoil your attack. also, i did say 'some of', not 'all of'.

i've got tons of vampires in my current sims 4 game, both played and unplayed. and yet have only had a total of three overnight attacks in all my various nonvampire houses. yes, i know other people have had more, some even saying they've got boatloads and boatloads. which, is definitely a bug, but several of those have turned out to be the 'just knocking'. which itself is a friendly interaction. the coming to attack at night is totally different, even if it's the same vampire. and most of the vampires shouldn't be able to do that, since they are supposed to need a specific power (eternally welcome) to get in past unlocked doors.

i don't get why some people seem to have constant attacks and others get next to nothing. and am going to leave it at this and quite likely drop the thread just to keep people from getting irate and starting on personal attacks which will get this thread closed...
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,648 Member

Stop trying to deny that the NPC vampires are waay more aggressive in the Sims 4 and that behaviour was unexpected and unwelcome by those of us who played the earlier versions of the game.

NPC vampires are too aggressive for my liking as well. biggest thing i liked about TS3 vampires was the ability to buy the reward trait to be immune to sunlight.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I also see the vampires as too aggressive/intrusive. Without my current mod that eliminates vampire attacks, a npc vampire just showed up at my door every night. The vampire may have only attacked 2 or 3 nights in a given week, but the standing at my door at night stopped superspeed from being allowed. With the mod, my sims no longer are attacked and the vampire npc only try to knock about once a week.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Vampires can be immuned to sun with a power categorized in master vampire level like Caleb you know.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • ninagreenhalghxoninagreenhalghxo Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello :) I was just reading through this thread, and I've been getting vampire visits, too. I had my Sim level up in the vampire lore skill, and after finishing the first vampire-book, he learned to make garlic objects, so I had him make a wreath, and on one night, Vladislaus was stood at my Sim's door, so I stuck the wreath onto the wall outside (by the door), and a thought bubble appeared above Vlad's head disliking the wreath and he then took his leave; my Sim was awake during this.