Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How would you describe your sims' style?

Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
Let's give this another go :lol: Feel free to share picks of your sims with your response!

How would you describe your sims' style? 60 votes

Respectable old lady (Mikezumi :P)
1%
Mikezumi 1 vote
Gothic
6%
AnmirlaPuffkins2000princess_kaguyapalephantom 4 votes
Comfy
41%
thundrwilowroseApparentlyAwesomeicftlduzagbooruleskiara07emorrillcwaddelljillbgScorpina2009becomingjenndogdancerellabrodey9ilikethesims30TempurrancelaydaywayHappyFuzzyKittyInternal_ChaosKelvincocojordand 25 votes
Girly
8%
SimplyJenCravenLestatsof2106RedShoe7SummerRoxy 5 votes
Sporty
0%
Glam
3%
Emily4331stepbot153 2 votes
Eccentric
10%
GabbyGirlJdothesmustlelittlemissgogoCellardwellerMadDoctor61trethera 6 votes
Hipster
3%
budewarminxiaois 2 votes
Proper
0%
Other (Specify in the comments!)
25%
Jessa_DakkarJoAnne65bekkasanSindocatGITTE2001TadOlsonking_of_simcity7phoebebebe13TinySpaceFoxButtersimsWaterdragonAdelineRobbinsgerefteastpuzzlezaddictInactive_5532 15 votes

Comments

• cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Comfy
    Oooh now it's harder with more options. I think I have to go with comfy this time. I just want them to look cool, casual and effortless.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Gotta keep those hemlines down and the girls safely tucked away! None of those skimpy shorts and plunging necklines for my girls and my boys are all casual but in a clean, wholesome way .... when they have their clothes on, in any case ;)
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Girly
    Girly

C8faina.jpg

But glam was a close 2nd

SIQ1kXB.png

HaIX4cA.png
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I pick out clothes to match the personality, so my sims are all over the place. A YA starting out in the business career will probably wear a suit, because dress for the job you want, not the one you have, right? And his girlfriend will be posh girly, since she's probably only into him for the money. Aspiring rock stars might try just a little too hard to be cool, at least until they start getting recognized. Almost anyone who's a *great kisser* is not going to be shy about flaunting it. Sometimes the parents will be respectable only to see their kids leave almost nothing to the imagination. And sooner or later, every family has a goth chick who only rarely goes outside and is super into writing. (I only wish I had the EP that let her write angsty poetry.)

When if comes to wardrobe, the only thing my sims have in common is that they wear as little as possible in the bedroom. Master Suite has really opened their eyes... or the eyes of the boys, anyway, since they're usually the beneficiaries of the new looks.
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    Proper with an edge, Talus is quite conservative. (Her daughter will suffer when she's a teenager!) but likes bright colours, particularly greens.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    I dress my sims according to their personality

insane sims does not matter, they pick their own clothes :p and proper sims love their formal clothes
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Whatever fits their personality and suits them. Recently I´m using a lot more patterns, to make it unique.

I tend to avoid high heels for my female sims though (except for formal wear), because I feel so uncomfortable in them myself. Although, if my males want to wear them, they totally can!
    Screenshot-x2553.jpg
    Randolph is insane, straight as a ruler, and really loves his high heels. He often chooses this outfit. (I didn´t give him high heels and a skirt, because he´s insane. I gave it to him, because it is something he would wear. And he looks fabulous in it!)

If it´s not too hideous, I keep one of the outfits, they "chose" for themselves, often sleepwear.

I do lament a lack of decent clothing for elders and "heavier" sims. It´s sometimes hard to give them a nice outfit.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    My Sim styled is varied between different Sims :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited February 2018
    Comfy
    I tend to dress my sims in comfy clothes but sometimes sexy clothes.

Sometimes both comfy and sexy.
    gQFkVpY.jpg
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I have them dress according to their personalities though some clothing like high heels would be stictly off limits for anything other than formal and only if that sim was the type to wear them.I'll have a little of everything in my sims as I play my entire town instead of one family.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited February 2018
    Comfy
    ohmygod @CravenLestat ! :o<3

Taïga is comfy, girly, a little eccentric and as a kid quite the tomboy! Granny definitely is a respectable old lady...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Girly
    @jillbg The girly pic sim you have that is Molly who you made give my sim a makeunder :s the other is Holly Woods but..............I can give her to you later <3<3<3<3
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Comfy
    @CravenLestat Oh, yes please! <3
    NymlADp.jpg
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Although my SS is a respectable old lady, she does dress for comfort during the day. God only knows she needs to be able to run around, playing tag and catch with all the kids in her charge :p
    39692461131_2a236ba716_o.jpg
    But she scrubs up well for a night out ;)
    38775067165_9964fe1cd2_o.jpg
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

I have to say other as it really depends on the sim, the story, their personalities. Most are probably comfy, but some are more gothic or fantasy with my supernatural sims. ::::waves and hugs:::: @Emily4331
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I might as well share some pictures!

Usually I seem to go for brown hair and the colour pink or purple appears quite often :smile:

23213313_10155027352271497_3742957770134633513_o.jpg?oh=e266ef1e911ddf7ebca65ee96b0eb245&oe=5B4D6259

26171921_10155190910911497_8144435407618347228_o.jpg?oh=47abe6c7581f977a1caaca73b0522eae&oe=5B018612

26757928_10155219978766497_724610764517823241_o.jpg?oh=0dd035604e5b8abfb750e76ccd334add&oe=5B17623A

23916457_10155088811071497_1238702781320887573_o.jpg?oh=f309a9eee3bd642c222e00ed858bdc89&oe=5B227423
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    I try and give each of my Sims their own unique style. Personality is a very big factor (as others have mentioned), but I also like to account for things like my Sims' physique (or ideal physique) and their hobbies and interests. I also like to choose certain colours for my Sims to wear that fit their personality.

To illustrate, I've roped in David (left) and Martin. Apologies for the poor quality pic, it was a spur-of-the-moment thing taken with my phone camera. But Martin's face is too good not to share, and I think it fits his personality too :D
    N9wfkmO.jpg

Before I continue I should probably also clarify that I spend the most time on my Sims' Everyday outfits. With everything else, my philosophy is just "whatever looks good will do" :tongue:

David is outgoing and sociable, yet also fiercely protective of his loved ones. His hot temper is kept under wraps most of the time due to his friendly nature, but it rears its ugly head whenever his friends or family are threatened. David also tends to be quite impulsive and believes in "act first, think later" - a trait reinforced by his years of experience as the town lifeguard. His job is very physical (as one might expect), and he also works out a lot in his spare time (he's at the beach four times a week so he needs to keep that body in check :tongue:)
    With this in mind, he lends himself quite well to dark colours, particularly maroon and dark grey/black. The colour red, of which maroon is a darker variant, symbolises action and energy making it a good fit for his impulsiveness and his active lifestyle. Red is also a colour of strength and courage, and thus it's a fairly common colour for superheroes - great fit for his job as a lifeguard :tongue:
    Why maroon and not bright red? I thought it would better convey his strength and his temper, specifically the intensity with which he protects his loved ones.
    Clothes-wise, what better way to show off those toned arms than a sleeveless hoodie? Here's David's main everyday outfit:
    0LjR82j.jpg

Martin is not the most charismatic of Sims, and has some difficulty making friends. But to the people who take time to get to know him, he proves to be bubbly and full of energy (which is why I just had to share that first picture XD). Creative and spontaneous, he's always bursting with new ideas, be they for his next painting, his next book, or even his next dance routine (he secretly loves to dance, but is shy about showing it to others). And like David, he believes in acting on his ideas straight away. Deeply passionate about his hobbies, he will run himself into the ground if needed to achieve perfection.
    He lends himself well to bright colours like red, orange, and white. Red to symbolise his spontaneity and passion for his craft, orange to represent his creativity, cheeriness, and enthusiasm, and white to represent his view of the world as a huge canvas for his ideas, as well as his constant pursuit of perfection. Here's Martin's main everyday outfit:
    iDTQxLE.jpg

Now I'll try to illustrate what I mean by "my Sims' own unique styles". Here are the boys with outfits swapped:
    m8tKOMY.jpg
    David, you are definitely not a skinny jeans person! I also think the bright colours of the top clash with his darker hair and skin.
    vUq6XSv.jpg
    Yeah, uh... Martin's arms don't do justice to that sleeveless hoodie. The colours don't quite match his personality either.

Well, this has been fun. I think I have too much time on my hands right now :tongue:
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Glam
    @bekkasan Hellloooooo! :heart:

@TinySpaceFox They are both super handsome! Love the detailed write up.
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Comfy
    I guess it would be right for me to say that it depends on the sim but typically most of the sims I play have a comfy style I think. I dress my sims to be themselves and ultimately I put them in what I think they'd feel comfortable in so there's that type of comfy, but they also usually dress casually like jeans and t-shirts and that, I think, is comfy too. I also tend to lean towards their favorite colors when editing outfits.

This is an old pic, but I still love playing with these sims. Out of all six girls Sahara (with plumbob over head) is probably the one you'd least expect would be the more sensual, flirtatious one.
    GZJyakg.jpg

But here's Sahara with her girlfriend Aria in clothing that fits her personality more, but really Sahara's they type of sim who thinks she looks hot in anything.
    A7tQL2v.jpg

Jase (with plumbob over head) is actually a proper sim and this is one of the few times his wife Johnson is not strictly in black.
    DH5Qhpc.jpg

Jase (left) and his bro Michael (right) posing by the pool at Herbie's pool party before they all head off to Uni. Jase, while proper, is also a bit rebellious and while Michael is more preppy but not proper.
    TfMVwle.jpg

Teenaged Shawn (left) and teenaged Ryan (right) taking a pic together. Shawn, more a jock, is in jeans and a tank top and Ryan, more a nerd, is wearing skinny jeans and a mathematics shirt with his pink jacket.
    bI8lt5g.jpg

Then here's Shawn older playing around outside the stadium before his big game. His style didn't change too much but to me simply changing his hairstyle when he aged up added a level of maturity.
    qIcHtvg.jpg
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    Gothic
    gothic, glam and eccentric :#
  • dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    Eccentric
    I try to suit my sims persona but most of them end up looking a bit boho. Whilst other ladies have noted no heels I love heels, I cant wear them in real life so I live vicariously through my sims, I used to love buying heels in the TS3 store, I just assume the heels aren't pinching their pixels.

I hate dressing men in the game, they always end up looking the same.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    All of the above!
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Comfy
    I voted for Comfy, because that's the look that describes most of my sims, but I've also used Tropical, Steampunk, Retro and Hippie.

Oh, and I did use Hipster once, for an afternoon in an Art Cafe:
    6N4AbwK.jpg

epWam6i.jpg

szVGCNL.jpg
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    My Sims would probably say "Sporty", but if I am honest, "Trashy" is closer to the mark. Then again, they are a couple of teens with a very bad role-model. :D
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Comfy
    I go comfy in real life, so do my Sims. ;)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg