Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What things in the Sims 4 do you find odd and wonder if they are intended?

I don't know if some of the things I see are by design or just been missed from being put in the game. Maybe even a glitch with some things.

I find not being able to use the Tuna that our Sims get from fishing in the Tuna Casserole recipe and even in the Tuna Sandwiches in Sack Lunches. Very odd and would most certainly reduce the price of the Tuna Casserole to make.

Why can't our Sims take a "bath using soaks" in the shower/bath combo's? Sometimes space is at a premium and not able to have a shower and bath separately.

And why don't plants die when left neglected? In all the time I have been playing never seen a dead plant so when my Sim get a desire to bring a dead plant back to life I have to cancel it out!

I added the parenthood game pack and found my young adult Sim wanted to play with a child's toy, he was not a "childish" Sim and didn't have any children LOL. Now this is certainly not suppose to be there!

Just a few things I have noticed and would like to comment on.

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Free chips at bars.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Free chips at bars.

Better than having to pay for it.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Free chips at bars.

I love the free chips. I suppose they are suppose to represent snacks like peanuts, olives and things they offer free at bars in RL. And I love it when my Sim is broke and needs to eat LOL. In the Sims 3 my Sim was always eating fruit and veg they got around the neighbourhood when short of money. I tend not to use this as much in the Sims 4 but I find eating free chips at the bar a good food filler for free.

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I often forget about my sim's gardens they do eventually die but not too quickly, though I don't really find many things odd the sims universe has never been normal some things are just for the player. Like being able to put most things on your main lot to limit travel even if most families wouldn't have certain things in real life. Though I guess it's odd that if you don't cue up a fight sims will get over it and keep chatting like nothing happened ha.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    I often forget about my sim's gardens they do eventually die but not too quickly, though I don't really find many things odd the sims universe has never been normal some things are just for the player. Like being able to put most things on your main lot to limit travel even if most families wouldn't have certain things in real life. Though I guess it's odd that if you don't cue up a fight sims will get over it and keep chatting like nothing happened ha.

Yes I have found that the interaction queue often gets ignored or lost. And sometimes multitasking is not available for some things. Although I have found that if your Sim put a portable radio out in the garden and listens to it they can also do gardening. But if they start gardening then want to listen to the radio the interaction just stays above until all the gardening has been done before dropping down. Sometimes the multitasking can be a bit of a pain in the game and doesn't work as I think it should.

Also some of the objects in the game are very large so unless you have large lot getting a desire to have a large item like the cupcake factory is a no no in a small apartment!
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    In my country there are bars that offer free chips before you get your actual food/drinks so that's not weird to me :sweat_smile:

For me the weirdest thing from TS4 is that there are so many families(most of the popular families are like this) on Gallery were young adults have teenage kids.. I mean yeah I understand that TS4 is not real life but WHY?
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    @ItsJanier Think that is odd? One of those families that the game randomly sticks into the not in world category had a young adult as the parent and an adult as the child!
    The oddest things in sims 4 though are the interactions - two sims that despise each other and just fought act like BFFs!
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Yeah sometimes things get a little messed up with multitasking like sims eating and drinking at the same time sometimes you have to start eating then drink. If you want sims to chat leave it to them or they might stop eating to chat, though at least with the larger items you can shrink them now and then keep them in the family inventory if need be.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    @AprilDawn wow that's just insane.
    Well they promised weirder stories.. it seems like they kept that one :mrgreen:
  • Kenneth4484Kenneth4484 Posts: 39 Member
    Is there some way to trigger weird stuff like this, since my game is fairly normal, and i'd like some more craziness happening.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    The fact that teens can take a vacation day from school. And that they have vacation days like adults in their careers which add up. It might be because school is programmed like any other career, but it seems so odd to just call in school and ask if you can have a vacation day. It would be cool in real life though...
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    The fact that teens can take a vacation day from school. And that they have vacation days like adults in their careers which add up. It might be because school is programmed like any other career, but it seems so odd to just call in school and ask if you can have a vacation day. It would be cool in real life though...

Yes I agree with that one. Although I do find it useful when starting out in a game not to send them to school to get ahead on homework or if they have a job as a teen and find it too exhausting to go to school because there is not enough time. This again I find when you first start playing a family especially the premades in the neighbourhood and if you play a Sim household on a rota basis as often when you get back to them needs are all over the place, so it can be useful. And to be honest I rarely use the vacation days with kids because I am more interested in getting them up the grade A LOL so I don't use unless absolutely necessary
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    That cakes and pies are not considered 'baking'.
    Francl27 wrote: »

I know and I think with newer cooking options they added they could have moved or included those items to be counted. Recipes all seem to be a bit mixed up and not logical but I suppose that comes with adding new things into the game and not wanting to update those already in
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    There is no recognition of "in laws" I find that weird.

Children can go to nightclubs to play hooky (not a bug, its a venue for children according to a guru when I asked)
    There is no recognition of "in laws" I find that weird.

Children can go to nightclubs to play hooky (not a bug, its a venue for children according to a guru when I asked)

I agree kids should not be able to frequent bars and clubs although teens maybe a bit different. I actually like the restrictions some kids had in the Sims 2 although I suppose playing hooky is similar to sneaking out at night as in the Sims 2. I don't suppose kids playing hooky are getting caught and brought home by the police although I expect there are consequences. I've not had kids play hooky and played that aspect in the Sims 4 LOL

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    The bath thing is indeed a bit annoying. Then again: it's a budget solution so maybe soaks are for sims who can spend money and don't live in tiny places xD
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »

I believe it's because baking as a skill was introduced in Get To Work. They would have to move cakes to baking for those who has GTW, and leave in cooking for those with just the base game. It'd be nice to see cakes as baking, but at the same time I can understand their decision.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member

For me, It's just more evidence that teens were just copy pasted from young adults and tweaked to be teens.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Couples cant have romantic interacions when one sim age up to Young ault while the other still is teen
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Lazy sims autonomously do more household chores than neat sims then get tense about it!
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    I often wonder whether or not the mail carriers are intentionally made to be sassy, disgruntled workers who “can’t reach your mailbox” or if they actually have difficulty reaching a mailbox with a good eight feet clear in front of it. This is probably more of a testament to the fact that I have too much time on my hands, but I always keep an eye out for them and slow the game speed down when they bring the bills on Monday. Of course, they never have trouble when I watch them, but as soon as I speed the game up the next week they come around, they’re back leaving their snarky comments. :angry:
    It’s even funnier when a child takes a vacation day. They sit there on the phone that’s almost bigger than their head, “Hey! I’m real swamped today and I can’t make it. My parents are really busy, so you can’t talk to them. You want to talk to my dog? No? I’m still not coming to school today. Bye!” :lol:
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    That someone invites my sim somewhere right before work. Some times even during work.
  • meme009meme009 Posts: 46 Member
    1. I find it odd that sims cannot 'hear' a crying baby in the crib right next to them but can 'hear' when a toddler comes in crying 'wake up'!

2. That sims can't eat fruits from their inventory autonomously.

3. When fruits are put in a child or toddler's inventory and you click the reset object (debug) option, the fruits spawn on the ground, even when their inventory contains no more fruits!. PS: you can double click on the fruits on the ground for child/toddler sims to eat.

4. That emotions can basically be manipulated. For instance if a sim is too uncomfortable, to perform an action, I just use a mod to change their moodlet and they perform the action just fine!
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    In my country there are bars that offer free chips before you get your actual food/drinks so that's not weird to me :sweat_smile:

For me the weirdest thing from TS4 is that there are so many families(most of the popular families are like this) on Gallery were young adults have teenage kids.. I mean yeah I understand that TS4 is not real life but WHY?

Me too. The ages of parents of teenagers I mean. I also find the game's random generator regarding spawning non-housed townie family households to be borked in my favorite game file.

Apart from having a gazillion single moms and dads with one child of either gender, I also have 6 single young adult mothers that all have teenage daughters and a male child.

This game file has also only generated two non-housed townie family households with two parents. The parents in these households are all adults, and one pair have one teenage boy and the other have a female child. I was very quick in grabbing those premade nuclear families and housing them.

Btw, I don't mind the single parents at all, I just would love a bit more equalization and I find it so strange, the bit with those 6 single mothers combo that all have a female teen and a male child.