Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hissing Mama

My vampire mother has uncontrollable hissing. Recently I was like, why does her toddler hate her?? She takes care of him full time and adores the little nugget but their relationship is well into the red. Then I noticed that whenever she hisses around him their relationship takes a pretty significant hit. Oops...

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Yes, I avoid that weakness like the plague, never give it to any of my vampires.
  • foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    I deleted a save because of this weakness.
    Its a pain in the fondant.
    I dont get why this weakness affects family members .
    My sim had the hissing weakness and his green relatiomshipbar went red in 4 days.

Try to avoid the hissing pne and choose the stomach one. Well sadly we cant reset the points.
  • ibaeshaCibaeshaC Posts: 679 Member
    Huh, I gave it to one of mine. I'll see how it goes.
    Gallery: ibaeshaC
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    So with Undead Aura and uncontrollable hissing you won't have any friends right?

And yes I heard if you want to be forever alone you pick 'uncontrollable hissing' I never tried it but from what people say it's annoying.
  • mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    My very first vampire has it and had no trouble finding a wife and they have a kid now and he is also friends with his son. He also has good relationships with quite a few mortals. His wife is also a mortal.
  • SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    foussi wrote: »
    My sim had the hissing weakness and his green relatiomshipbar went red in 4 days.

Try to avoid the hissing pne and choose the stomach one. Well sadly we cant reset the points.

You can actually @foussi just make the draught of reconfiguration at the bar once your vampire lore is high enough and choose the second 'drink' option at 2:00 (not the one on top), then you can completely reselect your powers but keep all your points.

That's what I did right away. I took away uncontrollable hissing and gave her thin skin instead.
  • kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    I've never even thought about giving my sims that weakness. It just sounds too annoying, but now I'm curious: does it actually have a negative effect on relationships even with other vampires? That wouldn't make much sense.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited February 2017
    My very first vampire has it and had no trouble finding a wife and they have a kid now and he is also friends with his son. He also has good relationships with quite a few mortals. His wife is also a mortal.

Yeah, so far, (*knock on wood*) I'm not having much problems with the hissing thing, too.

Maybe we both got bugged games, @mitchiebanjo ? :lol:

My teen vamp with the Hissing weakness still managed to get his human love interest up to boyfriend and soul mate levels with little problem...

... Then again, said vamp sim has a Love Aspiration with the Alluring trait, while the human sim has the Flirty trait, so maybe all of that gooey lovey-dovey stuff resisted the annoying hissing? :tongue:

Or maybe because they're being gooey Twilight-like teen couple at the moment?

SO MUCH TRUE LOVE! :heart::heart:

Said boyfriend doesn't even seem to notice the hissing half of the time as he seems easily distracted.

I don't think the hissing vamp even hisses that much, either, thinking on it. :confused:

Maybe they're too busy flirting and making lots of romantic moves to the point where the hissing action gets interrupted a lot?

Or maybe, my game is bugged...with weirdo Sims... :anguished:

Or maybe, you know, bad reaction AI. It's happened to me before, haha. :wink:

I'll have to play again, and see if there is any real reaction to the hissing...
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I love the hissing <3

I give it to all my evil vampires :)
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    foussi wrote: »

You CAN reset the points. Get a higher Vampire Lore skill and make a certain drink at a bar (which is unlocked by that skill - the game will tell you when this particular drink is unlocked). I think the needed skill level is at about 8 or 10, but I'm not sure.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I like this weakness so much so I feel like I should explain why.

Use it as a mandatory weakness on all my evil vampires. I like it that there are something that makes it more difficult for them to have happy relationships with regular sims, they should be feared. All my vampires, good or bad are mostly left on their own, my current main households in rotation have no vampires in them.

Being able to adjust the vampires myself, if they should be disliked or not is really great. Hope we will see more things like this with future supernaturals.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I like this weakness so much so I feel like I should explain why.

Use it as a mandatory weakness on all my evil vampires. I like it that there are something that makes it more difficult for them to have happy relationships with regular sims, they should be feared. All my vampires, good or bad are mostly left on their own, my current main households in rotation have no vampires in them.

Being able to adjust the vampires myself, if they should be disliked or not is really great. Hope we will see more things like this with future supernaturals.

It's a good point. It all depends on the way you play. :+1: I adore the 'pretend to bite' mischief interaction. I spam this like crazy lol. and then my vamp does bite them. >:)

The really good thing about this vamp pack is that there are many way to customize your vamp, if you don't like the hissing then choose another weakness. If you don't like the level 1 tier weaknesses then save up your points and rank your vamp up and choose a level 2 weakness etc
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I don't have this pack yet, I'm traveling abroad and can only watch lets plays. I've seen vampires without this weakness hissing, and it annoys me so much! Is this a bug that every vampire hisses as an idle animation, was this fixed? If this is intended it will make me like vampires less...
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    kati77 wrote: »
    I've never even thought about giving my sims that weakness. It just sounds too annoying, but now I'm curious: does it actually have a negative effect on relationships even with other vampires? That wouldn't make much sense.

It seems to. Vlad has it and 2 of his 3 vampire toddlers don't like him. It doesn't stop them from dancing and playing together (except when he smashes their dollhouse). Every time he hisses their relationship deteriorates.
    My other vampire doesn't have the trait, and she rarely hisses. Some people don't like her because she's not terribly discreet when it comes to biting necks.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    I don't have this pack yet, I'm traveling abroad and can only watch lets plays. I've seen vampires without this weakness hissing, and it annoys me so much! Is this a bug that every vampire hisses as an idle animation, was this fixed? If this is intended it will make me like vampires less...

I'm not sure, but I think there may be some kind of glitch with some of the vampire animations. I say that because I have a vampire who does not have either the Withered Stomach nor the Uncontrollable Hissing weaknesses, and at times it does seem that she either hisses or clutches her stomach then looks like she's trying to avoid throwing up. She does have the Eternal Sadness weakness, and I've noted that these other animations do seem to occur more often when her sadness moodlet comes up.

It's pretty inconsistent though, so I haven't really been sure if I should report it as a bug or not.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=590063

This mod might be worth a try. I haven't used it but I plan too. It takes away the relationship negative from the hissing.
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    edited February 2017
    I thought this weakness would only cause the vampire sim to feel embarrassed before Vampires GP was released.
    I was like "it's a must-have weakness since it won't make your vampire die."
    But after I actually played I really regret having chosen this weakness.
    Now I just keep my vampire mother away from her toddlers until they grow up. :D
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    Well dang... I started a new thread about this.. because I haven't played with vampires in quite a while and not since toddlers came out. I noticed right away that my toddlers didn't like when mama was hissing. How so very sad for them. It isn't right the family wouldn't like them for that, especially since their are vampires themselves. Definitely game breaking if you enjoy playing vampire families.
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    this weakness is such a pain to deal with, not just because of your own vampires thegame just LOVES to give this to all those disgusting elder Genji vampires and since that random generated scum just LOVE to hang around me all day hoping for me to start caring about them (poor sods..i never will) they ofcourse start this hissing garbage around my sims, and now with GF guess what: you get a negative reputation because of them! and i noticed you get those weird "you seem to like to steal, never come to my house" messages once you get red bars with those bloody vampires. as if the randoms weren't already a nuissance, not they are even bigger nuissances >.<