Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you doing anything to prepare for Jungle Adventure?

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited February 2018
    @fullspiral Whoa, Little Wolf is very handsome! He reminds me so much of a TS2 Sim I made and loved, Joel Windwalker. He was a Lakota Shaman, a sensitive and in love with a werewolf. :)

Back on topic... I have a Sim who is a famous wilderness survivalist and the male half of my Super Sim power couple. I'm thinking he and his wife will already be perfect jungle adventurers. He has collected all the insects and plants in Granite Falls and has a full collection of the herbal remedies, so they're good to go whenever I'm able to get and play this pack! :)
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I gave an old favorite sim of mine a new life as a very social, single restaurant and dog owner. He rents a cheap place in the city and is trying to keep the restaurant up and running by spending all his time there (including most nights of the week). He's a very nice sim (was in his previous life too), and I've never had happier restaurant employees to be honest. His dog is always at the restaurant too, they basically live there.

Aaanyway, he will be needing a good vacation soon and what better place to forget your routines than the jungle ;) although he isn't the only one that will be going, I'm definitely looking forward to taking him there the most.

Will he be bringing the dog?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I gave an old favorite sim of mine a new life as a very social, single restaurant and dog owner. He rents a cheap place in the city and is trying to keep the restaurant up and running by spending all his time there (including most nights of the week). He's a very nice sim (was in his previous life too), and I've never had happier restaurant employees to be honest. His dog is always at the restaurant too, they basically live there.

Aaanyway, he will be needing a good vacation soon and what better place to forget your routines than the jungle ;) although he isn't the only one that will be going, I'm definitely looking forward to taking him there the most.

Will he be bringing the dog?

Yes!! :) Not sure if Lucy can come with him to the temples, but she'll definitely come with him to his rental villa. But we'll have to see, Chris doesn't really go anywhere without her :D
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    @Karababy52 Thanks! I spent all last night with him in GF and got his herbalism up to level 5 and fishing up to 4. He's collecting everything he can find too.

When he meets Chelsea, ( the girl in my avatar) they may form a business arrangement. She's orphaned. Her parents died in a crash and she inherited their restaurant and trinket shop in BB. She hasn't been managing things so well but has the help of her faithful butler who has stayed by her side. Little Wolf's treasures that he brings back from SD will generate a lot more traffic in her shop. We'll see where it goes, I guess!
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I created a sim named Lorelai that I'm planning on using for Jungle Adventures. It's going to be a bit before I can afford to get JA so I have other things I'm doing with her that I feel will work well as preparation for JA when I can get my hands on it. She'll be completing all the Nature Aspirations and I will also be doing a Complete Collection run with her. I will probably have her open a store to sell her collectibles/potions/whatevers as well.

z2zfZTS.png
    She has to complete the Collector aspiration and earn the money to travel before she can head to Granite Falls so those are her main goals at the moment.

WfkTsO2h.png
    5UfPZrrh.png
    bXa0j2Xh.png
    Some of the skills she's working on because they'll either be helpful for JA or my goals for her in general.

SPRxrIGh.png
    ZGW1XPeh.png
    It's probably not the best sign for her future that she immediately set herself on fire the first time she used the campfire...
    ~ ~ ~
  • simnovoriisimnovorii Posts: 7 New Member
    I cheated by importing my Skyrim OC into the sims. Pan is specifically Afro-Latino so Jungle Adventure would be interesting. I don't have Cats & Dogs or Outdoor Retreat so I'll just be leveling up charisma, fitness, dance, and photography.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited February 2018
    I am just playing Miss Peregrine's orphanage in order to age up my sims.
    They are going on a cultural/educational adventure.

I want Meadow and Zane to age up into teens and I want the latest toddlers who have arrived to the orphanage to age up into children.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    In my rotational safe at the moment I have a really nice group of 6 teens (from different households) that like to hang out in the Bluffs and have a club where they enjoy swimming in hidden pools, hanging out by the fire, and other outdoor related activities.
    I plan to send them on a holiday to Selvadorada as soon as they become YA to celebrate the end of school and have some adventures together before they get jobs and move to different towns.

I intend to do that for some of my sims when we get University.
    They will take time to see a little of the world before diving into the world of work and starting a family. They will later take vacation time to further their adventures in Selvadorada after they have landed a job.

I am still hoping we get a tropical destination. That's where my Uni students will go for spring break.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    My way of preparing should be: Playing The Sims more often. I got so distracted by Story of Seasons that I feel I have only dipped into what Cats & Dogs and Laundry have to offer. Way too early to think about yet another pack.

But WHEN the time comes, I'll have a family ready: the factory owner Georg Baum is very interested in fossils and botany. He used to take his two sons to Granite Falls a lot when they were little. Now that the older boy is a young adult and the younger one a teen, dad will take them on a serious adventure. No settling down for this elder yet :)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    > @stilljustme2 said:
    > I've got my adventurer Cali West under development. Born into wealth in Roaring Heights, she was destined to solidify the alliance between two criminal empires...but to avoid the arranged marriage she ran off, dyed her black hair red and moved to San Myshuno to disappear. The family lawyer, who had always considered her a second daughter since his only child died of Great Gas and Giggles Epidemic, was able to sneak 20000 Simoleons out of the trust account; with that she got a cheap but serviceable apartment in the Spice Distric and she set about making her way in the world. She wasn't really allowed to hang out with "average" Sims so she spent a lot of time playing on the computer and was able to make her income working on freelance projects (and a bit of hacking); her clients never knew she was only in her teens. When she wasn't on the computer (especially after she won one of her own at the Hackathon) she was out looking for collectibles to fulfill her Curator aspirations; a bit of luck with the city posters enabled her to complete that set fairly quickly. She then set her mind to complete as many collections as possible. Having heard rumors of trips to a new land coming soon, she started developing both the gardening skill and the herbalism skill in hopes one of the potions might help out, and also Wellness in case she could use the teleport to get out of sticky situations.

This story is wonderful I wonder what story will be told when the new GP releases.

Been doing a lot of playing the past week; she's now maxed out on Herbalism, Wellness and just maxed out Gardening. She's also adopted a daughter, Michaela who has the Creative aspiration; I figure she can build up her painting and photography skills as a teen then she can paint to help subsidize her mom's travels.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    I decided to write my first Legacy challenge for the pack I intend to try once I get it. I won't be able to get it right away, it's gonna be a few months, but it's okay because that gives me time to fine tune my plans. Of course, I may end up having to change some things, or the challenge may flop altogether, once I get the game, so we'll see lol.
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
    I just built a retail store called Mumbo Jungle

PlVKkAX.png
    iks5jjf.png
    410szHL.png
    VawEQd1.png

Little Wolf hasn't bought it yet, but it will be filled with treasures from his adventures.
  • dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    @fullspiral that bamboo/plant shop looks awesome!!!
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2018
    Not really, never done it for any of packs from this version or previous versions, this pack for me has me pumped.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    dsef wrote: »
    @fullspiral that bamboo/plant shop looks awesome!!!

Thanks! Can't wait to fill it!
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    ...i'm already rotating through various households and going "ok, she's latina, she's going to learn the foods and dances, if not pick up a few artifacts for decor (quite likely fake. she'll be ok with that), she's a collector and almost catwoman, so she gets artifacts too, and real ones or someone will be hurting" and so on. seems quite a few of my households will be paying the world a visit over time. some just to vacation, and one couple for a much-delayed honeymoon. the household that owns a retail store is already tripling their stock of scientist and herbalism potions (their cloning machine makes that a snap)

my interstellar smugglers and at least one of the two criminal syndicates in my game will be getting an assortment of artifacts (both real and fake) thrown into the piles of goodies in their club hangout lots. several of the vampire households will likely be wanting to get 'bonehildas' of their own, especially those that don't use butlers for various reasons. think even the 'stellar academy' household (space rangers, opposed to the interstellar smugglers) will be getting a few display artifacts. and, of course, my main household, who has all collections and all skills already in the game will be going to continue their streak...

and, one household, barnabus skye, will be the first going in. he's a vampire scientist who also happens to have finished off the outdoor enthusiast ambition (among many, many others). his story also has him as having spent time as an archaeologist and anthropologist decades (even a century) in the past, so it makes sense that he would have been involved in early exploration of the region. his (human) wife and (alien) daughter will be going along on the first adventure, but both will be hanging out in the town while he does his exploring with a native guide i will make specifically for this. the guide will be given max level photography to take sepia-toned pictures of barnabus doing his thing in and around the ruins, specifically to hang up in the archaology exhibit in my main museum, once that wing is put in (obviously waiting on the pack for that). we'll just pretend big b and the guide did all this stuff decades past, before he even met his wife or was abducted for the kid. i have a feeling the guide is going to die to poison somewhere along the line, and he'll continue to live with the household, at least for a while. everyone in this household will be bringing at least 10 death flowers with them, just in case. (heck, i'm planning on doing with any sims that go into the jungle instead of hang out in the town. always travel in pairs, everyone has death flowers).

as for the world, i've already got plans for all seven lots, though most of those plans are "keep this lot the same type it is, just update it in different ways, usually with stuff from other packs". one of the plans is to test something with one of the three lots on the left side of the map, putting a sample restaurant there to see if can do some tricksy stuff... if that's not possible, i'll turn the lot back into its previous type and make the selvadorada museum lot into the south (and central) american restaurant. i've wanted to do this restaurant since city living, anyway, since currently all the mexican foods are in my pan-asian restuarant. (and, if i ever manage to have enough room, i'll do another version of this restaurant somewhere not in a vacation world).
  • RawrBanannieRawrBanannie Posts: 3 New Member
    I have never prepared for a pack like I am now. Usually it’s like sweet more things to add to my game. But now it’s like omg, the jungle is coming and my sims are nowhere near prepared to go! I’m scrambling to make money and bring my skills up pronto! The last time I went to granite falls was when it came out. So my sim took a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 to start working on herbalism. There’s just so much for me to do and to top it off my mouse broke
  • RawrBanannieRawrBanannie Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="RawrBanannie;c-16337151"]I have never prepared for a pack like I am now. Usually it’s like sweet more things to add to my game. But now it’s like omg, the jungle is coming and my sims are nowhere near prepared to go! I’m scrambling to make money and bring my skills up pronto! The last time I went to granite falls was when it came out. So my sim took a plum to start working on herbalism. There’s just so much for me to do and to top it off my mouse broke [/quote]

It’s 🐸🐸🐸🐸 not plum lol
    I'm thinking that Little Wolf might become a nature photographer too. I've not really delved in to the photography skill at all and this might be a good time to check it out.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    welcome to the forums, @RawrBanannie and the 'plum' stuff is the censor for the forums changing anything it considers a bad word. some of the decisions are a bit...questionable, but it always makes for fun reading, trying to figure out what it replaced
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I just built a retail store called Mumbo Jungle

PlVKkAX.png
    iks5jjf.png
    410szHL.png
    VawEQd1.png

Little Wolf hasn't bought it yet, but it will be filled with treasures from his adventures.

Your shop is lovely. Amazing idea for sure.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• witchittywitchitty Posts: 36 Member
    Am thinking about going and collecting a few more crystals as I see we get to use a few of them at last, yay!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    @fullspiral looks awesome! :love:
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    we can't take pets on vacation so how can we take them to the jungle?? or will that all change??
    I will probably be taking a brand new sims without to many traits. see how he or she fares. But I don't want to buy it straight away.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    @feetinstockings they have said that you can take them to the jungle. Not sure if they'll add the ability to take them to Granite Falls there was nothing about it in the recent patch notes so who knows?
    ~ ~ ~