Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jungle Adventure should work for 32bit players.

jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
I should probably mention, I have a 32bit desktop, which is a decent machine, and I am currently playing Cats & Dogs fine.
I bought it for my MacBook (64 bit) and pulled out my old Gaming Rig which is 32 bit and it works fine!

My MacBook is from 2009 and the bottom of it has melted away to the point it's not comfortable to use anymore.

It takes a few seconds for your house to run smoothly, but apart from that, it runs alright.

I imagine if you really want Jungle Adventure, but only have 32bit (or your game weirdly runs better in 32 bit which does happen for a few people with older PC's with high specs) it should work in a very usable state, but maybe just not what you see people playing with 64 bit achieve.

Hope this helps!

Comments

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Is Jungle Adventure only recommended for 64 bit?
    a256aFi.gif
  • DraconDracon Posts: 119 Member
    There comes a time when technology becomes obsolete. It happens all the time. If there is one thing that has held back the Sims 4, and even held back the Sims 3 in its latter end stages of life, it has been 32 bit.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Is Jungle Adventure only recommended for 64 bit?

Yep. But so was C&D and I’ve been playing fine, it’s just a little jolty.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2018
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I should probably mention, I have a 32bit desktop, which is a decent machine, and I am currently playing Cats & Dogs fine.
    I bought it for my MacBook (64 bit) and pulled out my old Gaming Rig which is 32 bit and it works fine!

My MacBook is from 2009 and the bottom of it has melted away to the point it's not comfortable to use anymore.

It takes a few seconds for your house to run smoothly, but apart from that, it runs alright.

I imagine if you really want Jungle Adventure, but only have 32bit (or your game weirdly runs better in 32 bit which does happen for a few people with older PC's with high specs) it should work in a very usable state, but maybe just not what you see people playing with 64 bit achieve.

Hope this helps!

I m really surprised because I remember Grant saying Cats and Dogs would need to be played on 64 bit.

This pack has a lot of trees so it might lag worse with 32 bit. @SimGuruNinja will this pack work with 32 bit?
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I'm sorry but this is like complaining because Xbox doesn't make new games for Xbox 360 anymore.
    Technology evolves and so should games. It's good that the game can be played in many different computers and specs but 32 bit is obsolete.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • danishmuffindanishmuffin Posts: 82 Member
    I don't really think anyone is complaining about it being made for 64bit- they're just talking about whether or not it'll work, haha.

Anyway I play on a 64 bit laptop so I'm not concerned either way, but it runs so great on a modern desktop that I wish I had one!
    I'm sorry but this is like complaining because Xbox doesn't make new games for Xbox 360 anymore.
    Technology evolves and so should games. It's good that the game can be played in many different computers and specs but 32 bit is obsolete.

Who are you speaking too? I never said this at all. I’m glad they went 64bit.
    I don't really think anyone is complaining about it being made for 64bit- they're just talking about whether or not it'll work, haha.

Anyway I play on a 64 bit laptop so I'm not concerned either way, but it runs so great on a modern desktop that I wish I had one!

I was so confused cos nothing I said even sounded like a complaint lol.
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Hope this helps!

I m really surprised because I remember Grant saying Cats and Dogs would need to be played on 64 bit.

This pack has a lot of trees so it might lag worse with 32 bit. @SimGuruNinja will this pack work with 32 bit?

It gives you a warning that performance will take a hit but still works 100%.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Sometimes programs written for 32 and 64 bit do not work as it should, MS has finally moved from 32 bit to 64 bit as well as other developers. However some programs still may run but it is at one's own risk and there may be no support.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen