Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unpopular opinions about ts4

Comments

• Options
    JemkatkJemkatk Posts: 199 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    So it almost seems like saying ‘simmers’ are casual gamers is also an unpopular opinion.

I used to play all sorts of games. Mostly FPS and RPG. Never enjoyed online games though. After I found the sims, I hardly play any other games because The Sims series replaces all I wanted out of gaming. It took my imagination to a new level and when I want to play a game, all I want to play is ‘TheSims.’

I’m not bound by scripts and goals. I have the freedom to play as I desire. When I want to play a game, I think of all the games I have and wind up firing up the sims instead. I do this because I can play in the environment of my choosing with the characters of my choosing. I create the scenarios. I create the script, and I decide what happens to each character.

My addiction to this series is far from casual. I spend years developing my environments and building my worlds. I spend years playing in those worlds. I can still go back to each game and pick up where I left off; never having to start over and do the same things over to achieve the same end.

I can re-write my plans and change my play-style on the go if I choose. I have over the years. Every time I play, I play a different game.

If EA places ‘simmers’ like myself, or similar to myself, in a ‘casual’ category that is their folly. It’s also where they fail.

Those like us are far from casual. We are hardcore in more than many ways.

It also makes me wonder. If I play so many different ways and develop so many different scenarios, and revisit each time with a new way to play, one could say I’m playing many games. That would fall within the definition of a so-called ‘hardcore’ gamer, I would think.

At the end of the day though, I don’t feel I need a label. Labels are overrated and part of the problem. What I do need is something to challenge me like the previous games did again.

Yeah I am not a "casual" gamer.. Sims got me INTO gaming at age 11 in 2001... I play Black Desert Online, GTA, Skyrim, 7 days to die, Dying Light, H1z1, Arma 3 and tons of other games. I have 80 games in my steam account, two origin accounts, two 3DS'S, a wii, Xbox 360 and an Xbox one.. I am definitely not a casual gamer lol
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    1. The lack of landscaping tools aren't much of a concern to me.
    2. Multitasking, whilst an improvement over TS3, needs an overhaul.
    3. The ‘really needs to pee’ walking animation looks abysmal for any Sim older than a child.
    4. The artistic style of TS4 looks great, although still leaves room for improvement.
    5. The soundtrack is a hit-or-miss.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited February 2018
    Copy-Paste, except for 6. , my opinion is the same.
    Here are a few of my own:

1. I am a huge fan of the emotions system.
    2. I really like the upbeat style of ts4. (not sure if unpopular per se, but I've seen many that find it ridiculous)
    3. I've never really cared for the Cats & Dogs EP; it's actually on the bottom of my list in terms of packs i'm interested in purchasing.
    4. I really like how our sims in this game can have more than one relationship status with other sims (i.e. ex/best friends/romantic interest/etc.). I think this feature is very overlooked.
    5. People usually complain about CASt when it comes to build/buy mode, but what irks me the most is the lack of pool curve tools and terrain tools.
    6. I absolutely love the way toddlers walk in this game.
    7. The reception has probably improved since release, but I think the family play here is splendid.
    8. Speaking of release, I've been enjoying and liking this game ever since it was first released when many others didn't back then.
    9. Now this one is REALLY controversial - I don't think being intended as a mobile game at first necessarily undermines ts4's ability to be every bit as good as its' predecessors. I've seen so many comments holding that against ts4, and it honestly comes off as devaluing the game to me.

Aaannd that's pretty much it for now; I'll come back later if I think of more. But for now, I'm interested in hearing yours.

• Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    My unpopular opinions:
    1. I don’t care about cars.
    2. I don’t want a farming EP bc I just have no interest.
    3. I like the way the worlds are now because I can move to other ones interchangeably which is why I stopped having interest in the sims 3. I don’t want open world.
    4. I don’t care about create a style, I would be happy if there were more hair swatches or have it like the sims 2 where you could change the wood swatch and the bedding swatch. It doesn’t bother me much anyway.

All of this :)
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    simuellesimuelle Posts: 100 Member
    Unpopular opinion: I really like the clayified style of TS4. I know a lot of people who really like alpha cc and the realistic look, but I love the clay look so much better.
    tumblr; punchella origin id; liujiaxie
    NNePthn.png
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    edited February 2018
    I actually think The Sims 4 is better than The Sims 3... I've been playing The Sims 3 this weekend and there are so many aspects where I feel that Sims 4 did a better job.
    1. CAS and Build Mode is so much easier to use, and more enjoyable, in The Sims 4 than in The Sims 3
    2. I find it so hard to play without multi-tasking now
    3. The worlds are so much better - even though they aren't open, they feel more alive and have this vibe that makes you feel as if you are in a proper town / city, rather than an area with lots connected by a road. Moreover, with the removal of the open world, I feel as if it gives us more opportunities to give our sims new experiences. Every lot can have behaviours attached to it, allowing for Spas, Restaurants, Cafés, Shops (Lots that were not possible in The Sims 3 outside of a rabbit hole). It also allows for more sims per lot - whilst playing The Sims 3, I noticed just how few sims (if any) were actually at the park, or in a bar, and this was very noticeable when your so used to a full lot in The Sims 4!
    I also love the time that the developers spend in perfecting The Sims 4 and all the small details that they include (How sims can adopt a child as their dependent, sims can get a glass of water from the sink, small things like that). The updates we get for free like Toddlers and the removal of the barrier between genders in CAS, also show how much the developers care about the game.

Furthermore, I do not agree with the common opinion that the expansion packs are very bare - when looking at some of the packs we got in The Sims 3, it feels as if there wasn't as much to do. Island Paradise is a good example of a very limited pack in The Sims 3, there wasn't really much you could do - after a couple of hours of playing it when I first got the pack, I had already delved into resorts, boats and houseboats, and the scuba diving skill, and felt as if I had basically experienced everything the pack had to offer.

Additionally, Get to Work feels more 'well built' than Ambitions did. Ambitions didn't really let us follow our sims to work, but instead just improved upon several base game jobs, and included various 'from home' jobs (the Interior Designer, Ghost Catcher etc.), whereas Get to Work provided us with 3 new jobs that felt as if we really could follow our sims to work AND also included a retail system, that I don't think is actually that bad!

And even though I do not agree with the distance between expansion packs, game packs make up for this, with packs like Parenthood, Vampires and Jungle Adventure pack, which feel very similar to the size we would expect from an expansion pack (I mean, Jungle Adventure has the core of what made up World Adventures, and is half the price!)

Sure, there are things that I miss and hope will return (such as the turn ons and turn offs from Sims 2), however, I do not feel as if the Sims 4 is lacking anymore, after having played the Sims 3 again, I do not feel as if it is as inferior as many simmers would call it out to be.

Edit: I just wanted to add, that I think the real reason many people complain about the Sims 4 is because of the nostalgia they have for the previous games, but I guess you could say that that is a pretty unpopular belief...
  • Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    edited February 2018
    I actually think The Sims 4 is better than The Sims 3.
    even though i absolutely hate the way EA is handling sims 4, i agree that its a better engine than sims 3, and things are much easier/quicker to do. but then again, just because the game runs faster it doesnt mean it got quality content, plus, its a more expensive game than sims 3. why is it so expensive when the game is already 4 years old and lacking the basics of content??

tl;dr: sims 4 is faster but it lacks quality content, sims 3 is slow but has gotten good STUFF for a good reasonable price.
    Post edited by princess_kaguya on
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2018
    Turning this into a comparison thread might trigger the mods to close it.
    (lol, IP a limited pack)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Unpopular opinion: I'm not looking forward to sims 5. I really enjoy sims 4 and will be extremely disappointed when it ends. I most likely will stick with sims 4 even after it's run.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I'm not interested at all in a University expansion. I may have said this before, but I play the game to escape reality, not to immerse myself in said reality.
  • Options
    giveit2megiveit2me Posts: 37 Member
    Not sure how unpopular my opinion, and i hope it will not sound rude to everyone, i am sorry if it be:
    1) i do not like beaches and summer, i hate summer,
    i wish in sim world always be winter and autumn only,

2) i wish to have newspaper and old style phone in game, again
    else magazines,
    at my real home i have this "retro" phone still, else every morning newspaper come to my door

3) sims 4 is too american game and this is boring after some time if you are not american,
    i wish there be more Asia and Europe in this game, i really want have Japanese world and few European as well

4) i do not like halloween and always do not like supernatural creatures(aliens, zombie and such), but i do not mind vampires, elves and witches, although in sim world it always look like they do not bother too much for create atmosphere when add such things in game,
    supernatural are boring after any rpg game,
    guess morrowind/oblivion/skyrim are way better for such things than sim, at last as it was be in previeus sims

5) i do not like new skin tones, i wish it stay as it was be before,

6) i wish all sim in my world be thin, i am tired of chubby people since sims 3, this is my personal taste, i do not think that everyone need to play as i wish to play, just wish this for my own and wish we can have options like this to control look of sim in our world,

7) i want have few historical packs with European history and east Asian history,
    then maybe supernatural creatures will more fit in sim world

8) if they will add university in game, i wish there will be elves universities with forgotten knowledge of magic and huge libraries, if it will not be those, i do not interesting to have university at all, but if many people want university, i have no complain about such pack

9) i do not think that sims 4 as diversity as everyone say, because there are not diversity in this game,
    just some pandering to those who have loudest voice and some hype trends,

10) i want more business for game, if it will be separate packs for each will buy them anyway:
    - grocery and book shops, like it was be in sims 2, wish sim need go to shop for buy food if can't grow it
    - home business
    - architect/designer business
    - hotels business
    - farm business
    - active journalist career
    - active service careers
    - clothes maker (sewing, knitting, fabric making - it can be connected with farm pack where we can grow wool and cotton for example)

11) i want more sport themed packs, there are so many sports what still be missed

12) i do not want that sims 4 finish in close 10+ years, this graphic ok for today and world can be improved and developed,
    if it will be finish soon i will stop play sims, do not think that i have so many time in my life for wait again for same things and pay same price for same things with slightly better graphic, better i will buy some real item for my home than this, but sims 4 can give new content and for this i will pay.
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    edited March 2018
    I enjoy the cartoon look of Sims 4. I really really disliked it in the beginning but it has grown on me. I think it fits the quirky nature of the Sims. The designers have also been doing an amazing job making gorgeous clothes, objects and build objects.
    Post edited by michelei on
  • Options
    LiquidsatinLiquidsatin Posts: 54 Member
    I don't miss open world. I do miss terrain tools. Wish we could freely edit the neighborhood. Hate that hair color isn't passed on without mods. Do want a fun mystical pack. More elves witches werewolves. Do want more layers to the ai of my sims. Don't really care about uni. Not that hyped with pets. They are cute but so time consuming that you can't do anything but care for pet. Do want some female statues that are not evil looking. Do want less busty skinny perfectly quaffed females/ perfectly square jawed buffed out males. Gimme some ugly frizzy hair for both possibly scraggly too. Double chins, crooked noses. Old used clothes not every sim needs to be from the rich side of town. And for God's sake give them less money.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I love this thread, so here are my opinions:

1. I don't think the Expansion Packs are lacking in content, I feel like the expansions in Sims 4 feel a lot more complete than they did in Sims 3
    2. I prefer closed neighbourhood over open world if it means the areas we visit feel full, alive and vibrant
    3. I don't miss Create a Style all too much, mainly because we get a wide variety of swatches, in Sims 3 we got a few pre-set swatches for each item and that would lead me to use Create a Style for almost everything, which was nice for customisation but a lot of the time felt like a hassle to me and waste of time
  • Options
    BirdyBirdy Posts: 91 Member
    On the topic of unpopular opinions, I don't miss the color wheel and the open world. If they did bring the color wheel back I would only want it to change my sims hair color. If they brought back open world I would prefer it be restricted to each neighborhood in each world.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    My unpopular opinion is that I don't want burglars in the game

I loved having burglars and police NPC's.
    And all the others still missing.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited March 2018
    I wonder if this kitchen gets hot :#
    With a topic about unpopular opinions.
    Interesting tho...

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    i'm probably about to scare people with this buuuut:
    • I never thought i'd say this (cause I didn't think it was possible) but I'd love a Final Fantasy Stuff Pack or Sim/FF spinoff game. /ducks/
    • I love really clutter homes, they feel so home-ish to me <3.
    • Honestly, I can't tell the difference between a zombie and skeleton lol. Like does the skeleton just walk around or does it curse people like the mummy?? or? I mean their still both creepy to me, but I just don't get it :lol: .
    • I personally would rather not see a "college party" university pack for the 3rd time. I'd rather an Education pack that seriously deep roots itself into the schooling and caters to all ages <3.

tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    -I don't want a farming expansion. I get it's all digital, but it still hurts me to see animals treated as little factories.
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    edited June 2018
    I don't know if this is necessarily an unpopular opinion, I've just seen a lot of people who really want this in TS4 for some reason:

I don't want cars to TS4 (It's not that I'm like fully against them) I just feel like the resources could be used for something more useful than a car or a bicycle since TS4 is not an open world. I just don't need a car to move to the downloading screen when I can just click ''m'' on my keyboard
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    - I don't want more active careers, I really dislike the repetitive tasks and don't want to spend 8 hours a day with a single sim doing the least sandboxy thing there's to do in this game. (I want however more careers that are half-active like the City Living ones or the Gardener career)
    - I don't want to go to school with my Sims either. I'm good with just doing the homeworks at home and the projects Parenthood introduced. I don't want to have to control a kid for their whole school day. It sounds really boring to me. (After school activities though are more than welcome)
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    My unpopular opinion has probably been said before but I don't really care for more supernaturals to be added and I could careless about cars. But I know a lot of people do want them thus I wouldn't want the devs to not make them if that makes sense.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    Funpuppy_sims345Funpuppy_sims345 Posts: 139 Member
    My unpopular opinion is a dont like cc or mods to the point where if i see cc or mods i get REALLY triggered and i start cringing hard so much that it hurts.
    I just don't get the point of them \(°-°)/
    Corgis4life
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Unpopular opinion, I do not want TS4 to continue for three or several more years. I want to see the new, bigger, better games of the future.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion, I do not want TS4 to continue for three or several more years. I want to see the new, bigger, better games of the future.

I think that you'll find a lot of us who'd agree with you, haha
Return to top