Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Adventure Board not working

Comments

• Options
    zzbeekeeperzzbeekeeper Posts: 57
    edited November 2013
    I made a copy of my Sims and house.
    Then started a new game.
    Copied my Sims back and the board was working again.
    But this doe's reset the world.
    This also fixed the error 12 save I have been having.
  • Options
    sarahnorthwaysarahnorthway Posts: 3
    edited January 2014
    The Adventure Board has worked consistently for me since I installed these 3 NRAAS mods:

ErrorTrap
    Overwatch
    Traveller

Getting the final few tomb-raiding adventures does require persistence, though. When the Adventure Board is working, it offers 5 different adventures each day. You can check them all out by just refusing each one, then cycling through them again to select the one you want.

As time goes by, more and more of the offered adventures are repeatable ones like delivering a bottle of nectar or something. If you keep checking the 5 adventures on the board every day, eventually you will get the adventure you want.

I recommend checking the WA page on Carl's Sims Guide. The pages for the 3 countries list the names of the larger adventures, so you know which adventures you still need to explore all the tombs.
    http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/worldadventures/

FYI, Abu Simbel in Egypt does NOT have an associated adventure. Just go there and start exploring, it has a very useful artifact in there.

This was extraordinarily useful, and unlike the other workarounds, these three mods worked for me too. Easy to install; you just unpack 4 zip files into a new Mods directory and they immediately start working. I wonder if these have also fixed the freeze-every-20-seconds bug that made my earlier city unplayable. Go NRAAS!
  • Options
    RubiEARubiEA Posts: 1 New Member
    edited January 2014
    This is so disappointing that this three-year-old bug is still happening. I dislike name-calling of a company and its employees, and hyperbole like "worst ever", but come on. This is a major showstopping bug that effectively knocks out a third of the expansion's content when it happens, and there's not a peep anywhere from the devs? Seriously: Have they said anything anywhere? Maybe something I missed?

On a repairing-the-bug note, I have tried clicking around, to no avail. I'll give the NRAAS mods a shot, even though I'm irritable about it. We should not be having to solve this ourselves with hacky workarounds.
  • Options
    DianeMacleodDianeMacleod Posts: 6 New Member
    edited January 2014
    RubiEA wrote:
    This is so disappointing that this three-year-old bug is still happening. I dislike name-calling of a company and its employees, and hyperbole like "worst ever", but come on. This is a major showstopping bug that effectively knocks out a third of the expansion's content when it happens, and there's not a peep anywhere from the devs? Seriously: Have they said anything anywhere? Maybe something I missed?

On a repairing-the-bug note, I have tried clicking around, to no avail. I'll give the NRAAS mods a shot, even though I'm irritable about it. We should not be having to solve this ourselves with hacky workarounds.

AMEN! I called EA once and told them about the horrible things they did to Maxis' project. Yes I am an oldie who has stuck around since the beginning. I also told them that 2 was better than three. I also got banned from the Facebook page because I made the statement that "if they spent less time making goofy videos and more time debugging they would have more likes"
    Yeah they didn't like that. I also have a busted adventure board since installing the latest update. GRRR This makes me very unhappy. I will not be sticking around for 4. I wonder if second life is still around?
  • Options
    ricola8321ricola8321 Posts: 199 Member
    edited January 2014
    I have had to reinstall all my Sims 3 games countless times since the base game came out in 2009. All my reinstallations have been for different bugs and glitches, but no matter how many times I have reinstalled, I have never gotten World Adventures to work properly, rendering an entire expansion pack completely useless to me. Since we are at the end of the Sims 3 franchise, I finally decided to remove my third party mods and custom content in my last reinstallation. I haven't sent my sims on vacation in at least a couple years, so this time I sent my sims to China, where the adventure board spawned a few halfway decent adventures. I went into buy mode and discovered that my adventure board in China reads "Adventure Board-Egypt". I looked in debug mode to see if there was a way to replace it with the correct adventure board. I was sure that when World Adventures first came out, the adventure boards were in the debug menu, but I don't see them anymore. So I decided to look at the adventure boards in the other travel destinations. I found that, as well as China, the adventure board in France is also listed as being "Adventure Board-Egypt", though it does look different than the one in China. I did not try having my sims vacation in France this time, but I know from experience I get even fewer adventures in France. When I looked at the adventure board in Egypt, I noticed that it, too, says "Adventure Board-Egypt", which in this case makes it the right one. I sent my sims to vacation in Egypt and they had a pretty good time and got most of the adventures that they were supposed to. This leads me to believe that the problem is in the coding for the adventure boards, because the wrong boards are in France and China, at least in my game. I'm guessing there's no way to fix this without changing the coding somehow, and I can't believe that World Adventures, the very first expansion pack for Sims 3, is still almost completely unplayable.
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    edited January 2014
    It's a real shame to hear that the WA bugs still aren't ironed out :( I was thinking about going back to it, since I haven't had my sims travel in a long time. The board always ends up glitching on me, and that axe always disappears from my sim's inventory.

• Options
    JamboRoxJamboRox Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    I am not happy!!! This sucks so bad! It's been 5 years since this expansion pack came out and I'm STILL having problems with a glitched adventure board! I tried everything suggested (not the mods though, which I am about to try) and none have succeeded! EA, this really sucks. As you can tell from the comments from many, we are not happy with you. PLEASE FIX THE GAME BUGS! :!: :!: :!:
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited April 2014
    I only had the problem in France with my recent game. I got fed up that I was unable to do the quests without the keystones but then I found out that you can make them yourself with a few cheats :mrgreen:

Testingcheatsenabled true and then buydebug on

Look at the name of the key required by hovering your mousepointer over the keystone panel

shift click the ground and select buy on this lot

Go to the buydebug items by selecting the ?

Go to tomb items scroll down until you get the keystone

Usually when you place it, its a moon shape.

control shift click on the stone and options will come up

select the option keystone by name

look for the name you need and click on it to select it, the keystone will change shape

click on live mode in your panel and wolla, just pick up the key you just made and use it to open up the door with the keystone panel :mrgreen:

I did the whole france like that, yes its frustrating, but atleast you complete your tombs and get your collectables :wink:
  • Options
    SBNao1SBNao1 Posts: 3
    edited April 2014
    The Adventure Board has worked consistently for me since I installed these 3 NRAAS mods:

ErrorTrap
    Overwatch
    Traveller

Getting the final few tomb-raiding adventures does require persistence, though. When the Adventure Board is working, it offers 5 different adventures each day. You can check them all out by just refusing each one, then cycling through them again to select the one you want.

As time goes by, more and more of the offered adventures are repeatable ones like delivering a bottle of nectar or something. If you keep checking the 5 adventures on the board every day, eventually you will get the adventure you want.

I recommend checking the WA page on Carl's Sims Guide. The pages for the 3 countries list the names of the larger adventures, so you know which adventures you still need to explore all the tombs.
    http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/worldadventures/

FYI, Abu Simbel in Egypt does NOT have an associated adventure. Just go there and start exploring, it has a very useful artifact in there.

I was having the same problems in France: I couldn't get to the Landgraab Library or Ballroom quests. I installed those three mods and went back, now all of a sudden I'm getting repeatable quests AND I just got the Landgraab library key, so everything looks like it's working the way it's supposed to be.
  • Options
    piggies2013piggies2013 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited April 2014
    When I try to download Sims 3 World Adventures it says
    "File: E:\Caches\China.objectCache
    Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)."

Can anyone tell me what this means?? Please. :cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    DezmeriaDezmeria Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited April 2014
    Currently in France, trying to click on the board to get a new Adventure and it gives me nothing. Keep clicking and nothing.

I have zero MODs installed and never had this issue before. Highly annoying as heck.
  • Options
    DezmeriaDezmeria Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited April 2014
    OH! Finally got an adventure after untold amount of clicks. However its one I completed before...<rubs head>.

I really love World Adventures but right now, its getting on my nerves. :(
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    edited May 2014
    The winner for me and the only thing that worked for the stuck adventure board is the NRAAS Master Controller. You can see which adventures you've already done as they are opportunities that show up in the NRAAS Basic list. The unfinished stuff can be chosen that way as well. I had installed the Traveler mod before. It has taken five years and many tears to get here and I can now finally finish this before Sims 4 arrives.
  • Options
    becka2707becka2707 Posts: 2
    edited June 2014
    so im 90% through getting my visa level 3 in china and it stops working..
    I've read through all of these- I've tried the adventure board over and over again, I've tried emptying my inventory, etc, and nothings worked. its happened before but then fixed itself but that doesn't seem to be happening this time.
    i alsop tried the 'testingcheatsenabled true' cheat and deleting the adventure board but when i try to it just says 'cant pick up object in use' when none is using it? totally confused!!
    its extremely annoying as its my favourite part of the game and if i can't do adventures then theres no point on having the expansion pack :evil:
    if anyone else finds something else that worked please help me :/:cry:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    becka2707becka2707 Posts: 2
    edited June 2014
    ..totally clueless :oops:
  • Options
    veiledstarveiledstar Posts: 587 Member
    edited June 2014
    My solution is debugenabler from nraas (a mod). Click on the board. Nraas>debugenabler>object>reset. Leave all other settings alone because you can mess up your save.
    NraasSignature.png
  • Options
    NHIAISANHIAISA Posts: 2 New Member
    I had porblems in China and France, so I tried this:

1- Type in "testingcheatsenabled true" in the cheat box.
    2- Click and hold shift anywhere on the Base Camp and click on build on this lot.
    3- Delete the adventure board.
    4- Return home, and then go back to where ever you were.

It's been working fine for me since doing this, but when you return the adventure board might be in a different spot. In France mine was on the side of the base camp, but it worked perfectly.

Hey, some of your steps worked for me but not all of them so thanks! But what worked for me was
    2- Click and hold shift anywhere on the Base Camp and click on build on this lot.
    3- Delete the adventure board. (Tried it and it wouldn't let me delete it) So instead out of curiosity I had my sim go back to the adventures board and clicked the board for adventures and it worked! For me!!!
  • Options
    NHIAISANHIAISA Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey guys this is what worked for me personally but using some of ( Spottedleaf ) steps and my own curiosity (literally) let me know if it does work for you if your still playing in 2016 like I am.

Spottedleaf
    January 2011 edited January 2011
    I had porblems in China and France, so I tried this:

3- Delete the adventure board.
    4- Return home, and then go back to where ever you were.

What I did
    3- Delete the adventure board. (The game wouldn't allow me to do that) so instead out of curiosity I had my sim go back and check the board again and it worked!!!
  • Options
    Panda_14616Panda_14616 Posts: 3 New Member
    I have just started playing this game in 2017 and I am having this exact same problem. I have never used mods but if that is the only fix for this problem I will do it. Is there any good tutorials I should read?
  • Options
    angelChodingangelChoding Posts: 4 New Member
    if theres still any of you who are playing this, if youre against testingcheats or mods or debug thingys, you can still get the adventure, but only if you have a very big amount of patience
  • Options
    angelChodingangelChoding Posts: 4 New Member
    > @angelChoding said:
    > if theres still any of you who are playing this, if youre against testingcheats or mods or debug thingys, you can still get the adventure, but only if you have a very big amount of patience

[cont] like VERY big amount. i got the adventure after whoKnowsHowMany clicks. i actually tried the clicking between home/travel opportunities and it didnt work for me. but then i tried it again just before it turned 12am in-game, and on my next click on the board, i got the nectar research assistance needed adventure. i dont know if its just coincidence, but just wanted to let you know
  • Options
    RosessolRosessol Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey guys. I know this post is old but I've had this problem and none of the tips helped. So I've bought a house in France and moved to it and then the board worked again. I hope this helps someone.
  • Options
    skybakerskybaker Posts: 214 Member
    Recently, I started a new game and got the same problem in France. Even my sims have done a lot of repeatable adventures and reached visa level 3. Nectar related adventures ("The New Nectar Machine", "An Endeavor for Flavor" and "The Search Begin") never appeared.
    Even using NRaas MasterController, except the repeatable adventures, the only one opportunity is "The Search Begin." However, no response after selecting this adventure and my sims can't get it.
    I remember that once I send my sims to France, I got the a notification the nectar merchant changed to paparazzi (I'm not sure is this generated by NRaas register mod). Then I used NRaas register mod to remove all paparazzi and assigned the same NPC (a resident sim in France) as nectar merchant.
    I think the nectar merchant maybe the cause (or one of the causes) of broken adventure. I added a new sim to France in Edit Town mode and assign this new sim to be the nectar merchant. This is unbelievable that two adventures "The New Nectar Machine" and "An Endeavor for Flavor" appeared in the opportunity from MasterController. Furthermore, I also missed the adventure of museum in France. I forgot this is related to whether the general goods or relics merchants. But I will test in the mentioned way later.
    I haven't check the adventure board in base camp is working too or not yet. I will update this thread after playing on this chain of adventures.
    AqWKHoo.jpg
  • Options
    After many times of test, I found the following:
    1. The adventures related to relics merchant, i.e. "Trouble at the Museum", and nectar merchants, i.e. "The New Nectar Machine", "An Endeavor for Flavor" and "The Search Begin", will become available after assigning newly added sims in Edit Town to be the corresponding merchants (NRaas Register mod needed).
    2. Because the relics merchant is involved in the adventure "The Search Begin." This is strongly recommended to assign a new relics merchant. Even you have completed the adventure "Trouble at the Museum."
    3. These adventures can be obtain via opportunity under NRaas Mastercontroller only. The adventure board is still not working even reset it.
    4. After assigning the new merchant(s). You must obtain these opportunity(s) at once before you quit your game. These adventures will be unavailable even using NRaas Mastercontroller if you restart the game. Otherwise, assign the merchant(s) again.
    5. If you are playing with only one sim. Maybe you need to assign the merchant(s) again after completing every adventure (I was playing with multiple sims).
    6. The last adventure, "The Nectar Research Assistance Needed" will be available after completing the chain of "The Search Begin" with Visa Level 3 only (can be different sims). Again, assign a new nectar merchant if you fulfilled the requirements and the adventure is not available.
    I suggest to create a new family for the new merchants. Once you need to assign the merchants again. Evict the said family and place it again in Edit Town. Their roles of merchant will be removed automatically and you can assign them to be merchants in game.
    AqWKHoo.jpg
  • Options
    Since my sim completed the chain of adventure, "The Nectar Research Assistance Needed" in France and was requested to take some Cerambyx beetles to Egypt. Once arriving Egypt, this opportunity was cancelled automatically.
    Again, after many and many times of test, I found that the mod either NRaas DebugEnabler or ErrorTrap may cause the cancellation of this opportunity. Certainly, I used a lot of NRaas mods and this maybe just an extraordinary situation in my game. Simply, remove ALL mods before travelling to Egypt.
    For the adventure in Egypt, the only problem was found in "Into the Fire." My sim was requested to get some flame fruit from Pyramid of the Burning Sands. Once my sim insert the keystone into the panel and the opportunity was cancelled automatically again. Removing mods doesn't help this time. Even using NRaas MasterController, the opportunity cannot be obtained.
    Strangely, even the merchants in Egypt are not involved in this opportunity. Assigning the merchants (please refer to my previous post for the method) will make the opportunity available via NRaas MasterController. I'm sorry that I haven't tested one by one. I re-assigned ALL the three merchants and also special merchant at once.
    AqWKHoo.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top