Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stairs???

Can we get more options IE Ladders, Spiral split level, Landings, Curved and double curved please. I have so many floor plans that call for any of these and it is so aggravating adapting when all other Sims 1-3 have these options.

Comments

• BonnieBonnie Posts: 159 Member
    This would be awesome. Please don't make it a pack though.
    f63c55b4ba116173bd3db5dc0bc5ae7893dcb9d0.gif
  • rconercone Posts: 407 Member
    @Bonnie GOds no not in a pack just add it in please so tired of boring stairs for my interesting builds
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    @rcone I like the way you are thinking and wished they would add more stair selection. In fact, I wish they would add a builders pack and a landscape pack.
  • rconercone Posts: 407 Member
    @RamblineRose I wish they would could we maybe start a petition?
  • hotrodmum57hotrodmum57 Posts: 5 New Member
    that would be great to have
  • BrickBadWolfBrickBadWolf Posts: 8 New Member
    I had to use a CC spiral case which is only deco so yeah I would love to have a functional one :(! Cause now you need to add a normal stair next to the spiral deco one and it can really ruin the look.

Split levels would be cool as well because at the moment you have to work around it with two levels, basement or removing the foundation.
    I'd just be happy with some sort of draw-able stair case to be honest. I'm not sure how you'd navigate or work that out in game but it would be an interesting feature and would open up design so much more. It's hard being restricted to a 1 by 4 straight line or 2 by 4 if you have two stair cases next to each other. That or what everyone else is suggesting. Split levels would be awesome personally, because my own house has split level stairs and I'd love to be able to actually build it on the sims 4.
  • storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    Bonnie wrote: »
    I'd just be happy with some sort of draw-able stair case to be honest.

That's a super interesting way to go about it; I didn't even think about being able to draw stairs, just pre-selecting them. I love this idea!
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I'd like to make my own house but I need L shaped stairs.
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    It is so annoying when you are trying to do a small build but need to use big and long staircases! Would be nice if these could come in an update or a part of a future pack but NOT a pack on its own lol
  • SeakaitorontoSeakaitoronto Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm dying for different stairs. Every time a pack comes out or an expansion I rush to see if there are any new stairs. I have a small stone building on an estate I want to use for a painting studio, but it has to be huge to allow for the stairs. Please add more stair variations and ladders!
  • BootiesrusBootiesrus Posts: 11 New Member
    Gosh same here! I've been craving split level stairs and spiral stairs ;_;
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    Soon as I figure out how to transfer the photo I snapped of the type of stairs I'd like to see in the game, I'll share. Went to my nieces' wedding. Gorgeous wedding chapel out in CA.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • lstuart160lstuart160 Posts: 2 New Member
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE in the next update for Sims4 put different types of stairs! Having the one type of stair makes it extremely difficult when designing a house. Don't make it a pack, just an update!
  • lstuart160lstuart160 Posts: 2 New Member
    Another update idea: Like in Sims3 when you could make the terrain taller or deeper, can you add a tool like that or make it so I can have windows in my basement that look outside? Just another idea for an update!
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    rcone wrote: »
    @RamblineRose I wish they would could we maybe start a petition?

You could. Nobody is stopping you.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

Build items cannot be exclusive to a pack, they have to be patched in.

The reason why is due to the Gallery. If there is an item from a pack you don't own when you download a Gallery house, the gallery will replace that item with something similar. This is impossible with build features, so all build features need to be added in a patch.

This is why Build features only come around during bigger packs like expansion and game packs.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • simuellesimuelle Posts: 100 Member
    I want split level stairs so bad! I always have a hard time using cheats to get around it, and would just like it to be easy for once.
    tumblr; punchella origin id; liujiaxie
    NNePthn.png

Build items cannot be exclusive to a pack, they have to be patched in.

The reason why is due to the Gallery. If there is an item from a pack you don't own when you download a Gallery house, the gallery will replace that item with something similar. This is impossible with build features, so all build features need to be added in a patch.

This is why Build features only come around during bigger packs like expansion and game packs.

Ah okay! Thanks for clearing that up. I was just worried they might decide to make it a builder's pack or something along those lines but that makes more sense.
  • emilybush8185emilybush8185 Posts: 38 Member
    SOMEONE SAID IT, SIMS.
  • SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    Players have been asking for other stairs for sooo long and we still don't have them!! I seriously need this!
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    I hate the current stars just because they take up so much room. I mean... real life stairs don't take up that much, right?
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png